Author Topic: More playing time for Bill Walker in the Playoffs?  (Read 1888 times)

More playing time for Bill Walker in the Playoffs?
« on: April 17, 2009, 01:30:24 PM »

Offline Binky-King

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I know I'd much rather have an green, undersized, aggressive Bill Walker taking up some minutes at the 3-4 spot, than the non-rebounding, non-defending, foul machine that is Mikki Moore. 

Re: More playing time for Bill Walker in the Playoffs?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 01:32:11 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I don't think there's any chance of it.  With Tony and Powe back, and Scal ready soon, I think Walker is going to be firmly planted to the bench.  I doubt he's even active for the majority of our playoff games.

Doc didn't show much trust in Walker during the season; I can't imagine he's going to rely upon him in the playoffs.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 01:33:56 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
I don't think there's any chance of it.  With Tony and Powe back, and Scal ready soon, I think Walker is going to be firmly planted to the bench.  I doubt he's even active for the majority of our playoff games.

Doc didn't show much trust in Walker during the season; I can't imagine he's going to rely upon him in the playoffs.

I agree. It will help a lot to have scal back too. He will open up the floor and give us another good defender at the 3-4 spots.

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 01:35:49 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Bill Walker will and should have his seatbelt firmly fastened during the playoffs.  This is not a time to get someone who has rarely played all year minutes.

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 02:11:50 PM »

Offline idrinkdetergent

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 24
I would love to see Bill on Lebron, Getting in his face in a series, even if its just for a few mins to get some fouls on someone besides pierce, Let Lebron know that our rookiee isnt even scared of him.
"Sam Cassell was heckling on the sideline when I walked down, He looked at me and was like, ‘You're getting the ball, I know you're getting the ball!'
said Allen.

And did Cassell, a man of many words, have anything to say after that?

"No, I told him he needed to wear a tie."

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 02:16:41 PM »

Offline papa shuttlesworth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 46
Unfortunately, if Walker even glances at LBJ he will be called for a foul.

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 02:17:33 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
I know I'd much rather have an green, undersized, aggressive Bill Walker taking up some minutes at the 3-4 spot, than the non-rebounding, non-defending, foul machine that is Mikki Moore. 

I have been very pleased with Moore's enthusiasm and his improvement within the C's system.  He's given us minutes he was never expected to have play and he's hung in there.  Irrespective of how you feel about Walker, Moore deserves more credit than you've given him here.

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 02:20:45 PM »

Offline idrinkdetergent

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 24
But he could try to give him at least a very scary look
"Sam Cassell was heckling on the sideline when I walked down, He looked at me and was like, ‘You're getting the ball, I know you're getting the ball!'
said Allen.

And did Cassell, a man of many words, have anything to say after that?

"No, I told him he needed to wear a tie."

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 02:24:49 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1680
I actually don't think Billy would embarrass himself against LeBron, because I don't really think LeBron has learned to outsmart his opponent yet.  He just tries to turn the game into athlete vs. athlete, and the veteran vs. rookie factor that Caron Butler used to kill Walker is kind of neutralized in this case.  I'm not saying Billy could stop him - even playing that way, LeBron is still the best athlete in the game and nobody is going to shut him down - but I'm not so sure that Bron would destroy him.  As athletes go, Bron is in a class of his own, but Bill's not too bad himself.  

Let me flag this remark by saying that I don't think Billy should see the floor in the playoffs unless somebody gets hurt (God forbid).  I do think Walker would at least survive on defense, but he would be useless on offense - at this stage in his career he can't score on LeBron.

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 02:25:13 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

I have been very pleased with Moore's enthusiasm and his improvement within the C's system.  He's given us minutes he was never expected to have play and he's hung in there.  Irrespective of how you feel about Walker, Moore deserves more credit than you've given him here.
I don't want to see Moore unless 2 out of our 3 other bigs have fouled out.

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 02:56:38 PM »

Offline eat ur wheaties

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 19
he did get a T in that CHI game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GL-DhQ7tus <--- for that dunk (and ensuing grill he gave miller).  would like to see some mins from him ut highly unlikely (esp if good TA shows up)

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 02:57:31 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
i doubt he wouldn't be active, it seems that Doc counts on him more than Pruitt. and it'd be silly to not dress as many as we can.