Author Topic: Who's pumped up for Saturday regardless of all the bad news?  (Read 6562 times)

Re: Who's pumped up for Saturday regardless of all the bad news?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 11:55:55 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I certainly am!!

Right now I feel a lot like NY Giants fans probably felt like before SB XLII, the odds don't really look good and the team(s) that need to be beaten look kind of unbeatable, but we really have nothing to lose as no one really expects us to win.

I think the Celtics will pull off at least one HUGE surprise this post season and maybe more. The growth of the young players and the fact that they already have championship playoff basketball experience is big. Ray Allen and Paul Pierce will show that they are still elite players in this league. The defense may not be as good without KG but this team can outscore people and even without KG it is a better defensive team than probably 75% of the teams in this tournament.

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 12:04:20 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I can't wait.

Here is what I just wrote in the game thread...

I'm really excited for this game.

I honestly think that the Bulls are headed into a buzz-saw.  I think the Cs are frantic to prove to everyone, perhaps themselves most of all, that they can battle through the no-Garnett thing.

... and I'll say it again: Buzz Saw.  Bulls fans better look that term up if they don't know what it means. 
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 02:32:45 AM »

Offline kheeko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 69
The playoffs havent even started and i'm already glued to Celtics Blog (even more lol), nba tv, sportscenter etc..

woooohoooooo go c's

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 03:04:36 AM »

Offline The4Time2Doctor0

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 18
i can't wait. i'm gearing up. 3 and a half hours before each game i go through a regiment of watchin tv, maybe eating some food, then sitting in my chair. this team will go, deep maybe deeper than kobe has ever gone. we will surprise and i think if we get KG on the bench in Big Baby's ear he will take on the fury of the beast. we will beat cleveland in 6 and the lakers in 6 and ray allen will be the finals MVP. anything is possible.

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 05:39:46 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Count me in.

I can't wait.

I honestly think that the Bulls are headed into a buzz-saw.  I think the Cs are frantic to prove to everyone, perhaps themselves most of all, that they can battle through the no-Garnett thing.

... and I'll say it again: Buzz Saw.  Bulls fans better look that term up if they don't know what it means

No need.

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 06:20:51 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Count me in.

I can't wait.

... and I'll say it again: Buzz Saw.  Bulls fans better look that term up if they don't know what it means

No need.

ACF, always there to lend a helping hand.   :D

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 07:54:39 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Count me in.

I can't wait.

No need.

ACF, always there to lend a helping hand.   :D

-sw

You know me, Steve.
The guy that doesn't wear purple and gold  ;)

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 08:01:43 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
always pumped to watch the Cs

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2009, 08:04:07 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
People forgot how good Pierce is. He can carry a team on his back just as good as anybody. If Lebron can make it to the finals 2 years ago with Big Z as his best player. Pierce sure can lead the C's to the finals with Ray Allen, Rondo, and Perkins on his side. Pierce is no Lebron, I know. But I have a feeling Pierce will dominate this year's post-season. I'm confident.

We are way too disciplined to lose in the first round to a bunch of rookies.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2009, 08:36:12 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'm not too happy with the time of the game.  I signed up for an advanced life support class over a month ago thats not going to end until 4:30.  So I'll dvr the game and try to get home to watch it without hearing the results anywhere and watch it like it's live. 
But yeah I'm super excited to watch the game and not having KG makes the first couple rounds even more exciting because we won't be expected to be crushing teams as thoroughly as if we had KG.

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2009, 09:20:32 AM »

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
I'm p---ed. I have a college open house that i have to go to from 8 30 till 3 30. They better have a tv on in the student union
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2009, 09:27:28 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
I'm pumped, and I believe we can win it all. With all the injuries we have had this year, and all the hype about how much better the cavs, lakers, and magic all are, we are only 4 games off of last year's 66 win season, and we wrecked the cavs without kg already this year. I'm feeling pretty good about our chances

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2009, 09:33:20 AM »

Offline Carhole

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 63
can't wait to get to my seat.... I want to go to sleep now so today will go by as fast as possible.

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2009, 10:21:38 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I definitely am.

I think depending on our teams success Pierce, and Rondo have a chance to jump tiers in the NBA food chain. Pierce from stardom to Superstardom, and Rondo from good starter to rising star. Without Garnett I'm not holding my breath on another chip(not ruling it out either), but I think this will be when other players get more recognition.

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2009, 10:29:51 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Green 18 baby!