Author Topic: Strategy with KG out?  (Read 9091 times)

Re: Strategy with KG out?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 10:39:35 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
We will use some glue on Mikki Moores hands
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 10:40:55 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
We will use some glue on Mikki Moores hands

TP for that one...How True!

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 10:50:29 AM »

Offline illantari

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
Cry?

No but seriously.
Send PP to the hyperbaric chamber.  Make sure Ray has functioning elbows.  Tape up R2's ankles.  Make sure everyone has their game face on.  And realize that no matter what happens, it's been a great season, and the team will be back next season too.

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 10:56:57 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
And this also may work

on Powe
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 11:00:38 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Simple: start BBD and Perk with Powe and Moore coming off the bench.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 11:05:32 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Pray.

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 11:10:22 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I don't know how they'll improve this but I think defensive rebounding and turnovers needs to be worked on.
Perk has been doing a great job with the interior defense but I think the perimeter D needs to be tightened up to help him out.
If Scal does return he could help giving them an extra big and stretching the defense but he hasn't played in a while so who knows? And I hope Tommy goes and has that meeting with Mikki in practice like Wyc suggested.
Go Celtics!
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2009, 11:17:57 AM »

Offline BillfromBoston

• Author
  • Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
Well,

Everything runs through Pierce and Ray now - the team is very  much a perimeter team now as they will not likely feed Powe/Perk on the inside more than 7-10 times per game - which is a mistake in my estimation.

The big man rotation of Perk/Powe/Davis have to play tough defense, rebound, and score enough to negate the contributions of their counterparts in order to make games a battle between Pierce/Ray/Rondo and whomever the other teams' stars are.

Pose/TA/House/Marbury will have to be huge off the bench - I see them playing as a unit and they need to produce 35-40 points a night IMO - The starters aren't going to be as productive because Rondo is offensively inconsistent and Pierce/Ray are still perimeter players.

Against tough defenses, Boston will have to get quality production from the bigs defensively because Pierce/Ray won't be going for 50 every game.

Rondo and Marbury are the X factors - if they play like stars, Boston has enough to win against anybody - if they are just hit-and-miss complementary guys, Boston is done in the ECF.

I do think that Orlando is beatable though - quality efforts and a superior bench make that a fun and competitive 7 game series, but Boston has enough bullets I believe.

VS. Cleveland - I can't project victory without a dominant interior player because Cleveland is so good defensively and have eliminated Ray Allen consistently.

The team still has serious fire-power though - they could find a new style with all their current guys - Powe has average 14/8 against Cleveland this year and Perkins has had good success as well

Bottom line: consistent production from PP/Ray/RR and the team can compete against anyone.

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2009, 11:22:08 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
For Pierce, Allen and Rondo to play like stars isn't enough.  Davis and Powe will also have to play like stars.

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2009, 11:28:32 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Well,

Everything runs through Pierce and Ray now - the team is very  much a perimeter team now as they will not likely feed Powe/Perk on the inside more than 7-10 times per game - which is a mistake in my estimation.

The big man rotation of Perk/Powe/Davis have to play tough defense, rebound, and score enough to negate the contributions of their counterparts in order to make games a battle between Pierce/Ray/Rondo and whomever the other teams' stars are.

Pose/TA/House/Marbury will have to be huge off the bench - I see them playing as a unit and they need to produce 35-40 points a night IMO - The starters aren't going to be as productive because Rondo is offensively inconsistent and Pierce/Ray are still perimeter players.

Against tough defenses, Boston will have to get quality production from the bigs defensively because Pierce/Ray won't be going for 50 every game.

Rondo and Marbury are the X factors - if they play like stars, Boston has enough to win against anybody - if they are just hit-and-miss complementary guys, Boston is done in the ECF.

I do think that Orlando is beatable though - quality efforts and a superior bench make that a fun and competitive 7 game series, but Boston has enough bullets I believe.

VS. Cleveland - I can't project victory without a dominant interior player because Cleveland is so good defensively and have eliminated Ray Allen consistently.

The team still has serious fire-power though - they could find a new style with all their current guys - Powe has average 14/8 against Cleveland this year and Perkins has had good success as well

Bottom line: consistent production from PP/Ray/RR and the team can compete against anyone.

The Posey nostalgia still runs strong on this board.

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2009, 11:30:01 AM »

Offline TheRev72

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 29
I agree with Brick.  Someone in the frontcourt is going to have to seriously step up and play like a "star."  Perk is Perk.  Moore isn't that good.  I can't see Baby playing much better than he has.  That leaves Powe.  He's shown that he can play at a very high level at times.  If he can do so consistently (and not just at home) during the playoffs then maybe the C's can go deep this year.  

But I don't see us beating Cleveland 4 times without KG.  I just don't.   :'(

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2009, 11:31:40 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
don't really see us beating orlando 4 times now...

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 11:34:07 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Any news on Scalabrine?

It would be great if he could comeback.

THis is really bad when Celts nation is hoping to get Scal back, because last year this woulda been a funny joke.

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2009, 11:36:31 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Simple: start BBD and Perk with Powe and Moore coming off the bench.

BBD and Powe's role just became a lot more important. Both of these guys will be getting solid minutes and will need to contribute.

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2009, 11:49:46 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
Well,

The Posey nostalgia still runs strong on this board.

TP
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."