Author Topic: Reggie on TNT instead on in Green  (Read 8527 times)

Reggie on TNT instead on in Green
« on: April 20, 2008, 08:48:41 PM »

Offline Raygus

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 19
I just watched the end of the Philly - Detroit game and couldn't help but wonder what would have happened to the C's if Reggie Miller had really come back and played this season. While I was happy that they didn't sign him, I think it would have been a fun to watch him in crunch time.

Re: Reggie on TNT instead on in Green
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 09:59:58 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Who knows what would have been, for some reason I picture him getting injured. The time away from the league, the type of player Reggie is, and the way this team plays, I just picture him falling out of the team roster before playoff time. Or I could be completely wrong and he could have averaged 20 points a game and been the best story in the NBA this season.

Correction, second best, the Celtics are #1 no matter what.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 10:03:35 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Sorry ... can't stand Reggie, and he was so anti-Celtic over the years ... no way I'd ever want him here. Gotta draw the line somewhere.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 10:36:52 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Why does Cheryl Miller have to be a sideline reporter when her lil brother gets to be a colour commentator?

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 11:57:44 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Why does Cheryl Miller have to be a sideline reporter when her lil brother gets to be a colour commentator?

Really ... Cheryl is much better at reporting, and would be a huge improvement over Reg at colour.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 12:07:02 AM »

Offline Cassidy122690

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
Sorry ... can't stand Reggie, and he was so anti-Celtic over the years ... no way I'd ever want him here. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

Couldn't agree more.  TP.
Out of Ireland have we come, great hatred, little room, maimed us at the start. I carry from my mother's womb a fanatic heart.  W.B. Yeats

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 12:23:09 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Couldn't agree more.  TP.

Back atcha with the TP, Cassidy ... nice to know I'm not alone! (I was waiting for the attacks to begin!)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 12:37:37 AM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I can't stand him...but it would have been nice to have this on the floor with 5 seconds on the clock and down by 2:

paul
ray
house
cassell
reggie

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 12:49:31 AM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
He says "right there" way too much.
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 07:37:27 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
If we signed Reggie, in all likelihood we wouldn't have signed James Posey.  I don't know why the team preferred Miller over Posey (money, I would presume) but that seemed to be the case.  I'm happy with how things worked out.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 10:58:33 AM »

Offline TrueGreen

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
If we signed Reggie, in all likelihood we wouldn't have signed James Posey.  I don't know why the team preferred Miller over Posey (money, I would presume) but that seemed to be the case.  I'm happy with how things worked out.
There was still roster space to sign Posey if Miller had signed. I just remember that as soon as Reggie said "no" Danny immediately took Posey away from the Nets. Don't know if that was coincidence or not, but imagine this team without Posey. He is one player that slips under the radar when it comes to importance to a team, in many ways. He sure does NOT get the media credit that he deserves.