Author Topic: Should the NBA adopt an anti-tampering booster rule  (Read 704 times)

Should the NBA adopt an anti-tampering booster rule
« on: October 26, 2019, 09:15:44 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Yesterday 'Undisputed' or whatever the show with Sharpe and Blayless is called had Magic Johnson on. I am surprised there hasnt been more said about that interview and what he said. He is still defending his tenure running the Lakers. Really threw Luke Walton under the bus. I wonder what his relationship with Bill Walton must be like now, if they have any.

But to the point, he thinks now that he is no longer on the payroll of the Lakers he can recruit for the Lakers. I think that is bull.  He may not be on the payroll of the Lakers but as he proclaimed a couple of times in the interview he is a Laker. So if he is a Laker why should he be allowed to tamper with other players when there is an anti-tampering rule. I think the NBA must adopt rules akin to 'insider trading' rules adopted by the SEC, and 'booster' rules adopted by the NCAA. Heck there is a lawyer here in LA who is a Laker season ticket holder who openly recruited LeBron to the Lakers on big billboards. There should be a rule against this otherwise teams will just assign their 'insiders' or 'boosters' to circumvent the anti-tampering rules.