Author Topic: 2018-19 Bruins Season  (Read 101709 times)

Re: 2018-19 Bruins Season
« Reply #570 on: June 12, 2019, 09:13:55 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Well, that's why nobody likes hockey. One team can totally dominate, but it doesn't really matter. It's even worse that the first was a total trash goal.
lol

Don't get me wrong, I watch games periodically throughout the year and never miss a playoff game; it's just the random nature of the sport that I think turns people off. Heck, the best regular season team of all-time just got swept in the first round. That's ridiculous.

This isn't over, but it is totally deflating. I agree, totally reminds me of game 5. Hopefully the Bs can get a couple by the rookie.

« Reply #571 on: June 12, 2019, 09:17:02 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
My biggest fear is Rask so far. Hardly any action and 50 percent got in. We can do this though.

« Reply #572 on: June 12, 2019, 09:17:12 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
8 seconds left, are you kidding me, 8 seconds ?

Is this the 3d game this series that Binnington has come up big following a bad game ? We had 4-5 point blank chances and suddenly, this guy turns into Patrick Roy ??? After all that superb pressure, we give up 2 goals, just like that.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #573 on: June 12, 2019, 09:18:19 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Well, that's why nobody likes hockey. One team can totally dominate, but it doesn't really matter. It's even worse that the first was a total trash goal.
lol

Don't get me wrong, I watch games periodically throughout the year and never miss a playoff game; it's just the random nature of the sport that I think turns people off. Heck, the best regular season team of all-time just got swept in the first round. That's ridiculous.

This isn't over, but it is totally deflating. I agree, totally reminds me of game 5. Hopefully the Bs can get a couple by the rookie.

I think it's one of the more appealing aspects of hockey.  It's less predictable, and one player (the goalie) can change everything.  It makes for more compelling watching, much like the NCAA tournament.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #574 on: June 12, 2019, 09:21:04 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
lol

Yep - And now a team that was in last place at mid-season, with an interim head coach and an inconsistent rookie goaltender playing in the Stanley Cup Final Game 7 stones the best offense in the playoffs - on power play point-blank shots, no less. Makes zero sense.

« Reply #575 on: June 12, 2019, 09:23:51 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
lol

I think it's one of the more appealing aspects of hockey.  It's less predictable, and one player (the goalie) can change everything.  It makes for more compelling watching, much like the NCAA tournament.

Which is why I have such a huge problem with the NCAA Basketball Champion many years - you often do not get the best team winning the title - Which is why I am one of the few people on the planet who prefers the old college football bowl system and voting for the national champ to any sort of playoff.

« Reply #576 on: June 12, 2019, 09:51:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Well, the B's better play the best period of their season, or this one's over...  :(
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #577 on: June 12, 2019, 09:51:50 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
23 shots and we cant find the net. Beyond frustrated.

« Reply #578 on: June 12, 2019, 09:55:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Part of the problem is, most of these shots are right at Binnington point blank.

They are passing the puck way too much instead of just putting it towards the net and who knows, maybe we can get a lucky deflection.

« Reply #579 on: June 12, 2019, 09:56:30 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Not looking good fellas  :(
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #580 on: June 12, 2019, 09:58:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
It's crazy to think we're 2-1 on the road this series but could be 1-3 after tonight at home...  :-\

« Reply #581 on: June 12, 2019, 10:00:08 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Hugely disappointing game.  Doesn't look good at all for the B's.  Binnington is on fire tonight.  Rask is about to be 0-2 in Cup Finals.  Typical Bruins, always a let down in the end.

« Reply #582 on: June 12, 2019, 10:00:24 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas

Part of the problem is, most of these shots are right at Binnington point blank.

They are passing the puck way too much instead of just putting it towards the net and who knows, maybe we can get a lucky deflection.

Passing instead of shooting is one key that has hurt Bruins in their playoff losses. Gotta get up on those skates and fire away !!

I cannot believe this is happening, especially after the Bruins offensive attack early on (though that has been a pattern for both teams this series).

« Reply #583 on: June 12, 2019, 10:02:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Passing instead of shooting is one key that has hurt Bruins in their playoff losses. Gotta get up on those skates and fire away !!

I cannot believe this is happening, especially after the Bruins offensive attack early on (though that has been a pattern for both teams this series).

The first line has been frustrating this series and again, they're a no show tonight.

« Reply #584 on: June 12, 2019, 10:05:39 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
Tonight is the 35th Anniversary of the last time a Boston pro team won a Game 7 for a title at home, to the day .........................

June 12, 1984 - One of the sweetest titles in Celtics history.