Author Topic: Philadelphia scares me...  (Read 5312 times)

Philadelphia scares me...
« on: June 15, 2018, 11:49:41 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
If they are able to move on Kawhi Leonard with a package of Covington/Fultz/Pick 10 for Kawhi Leonard + spare parts. Philly would still have close to enough room to grab Lebron James with a couple of moves.

This would leave Philly with this line-up:

Ben Simmons
Kawhi Leonard
Lebron James
Dario Saric
Joel Embiid

Plus Richaun Holmes, TJ McConell + whatever spare parts they could attract via free agency (i.e. The Lebron Factor).

Re: Philadelphia scares me...
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 12:08:24 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
No way San  Antonio accepts that

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 12:25:43 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
If they are able to move on Kawhi Leonard with a package of Covington/Fultz/Pick 10 for Kawhi Leonard + spare parts. Philly would still have close to enough room to grab Lebron James with a couple of moves.

This would leave Philly with this line-up:

Ben Simmons
Kawhi Leonard
Lebron James
Dario Saric
Joel Embiid

Plus Richaun Holmes, TJ McConell + whatever spare parts they could attract via free agency (i.e. The Lebron Factor).
Covington-role player
Fultz-need several year to rebuild his shot
Pick 10-end of lottery pick

Sac pick alone will be more valuable...

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 12:40:59 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
It's a pretty good deal for San Antonio.

Kawhi is an expiring contract.  The kind of return they should be expecting is similar to what Indiana got for Paul George.

Granted, that Indiana deal became shockingly good in retrospect, because of how phenomenal Oladipo became, but that was a pretty big surprise. 

An elite prospect like Fultz + a top 10 pick + a solid starter in Covington is a pretty nice deal.  Philly only gives that up if they have assurance Kawhi re-signs.  That's where Kawhi has leverage... if he says he's only willing to re-sign in Los Angeles, he has a lot of power.

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 12:45:18 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Celtics suck: Celticsblog is inundated with unrealistic dream scenarios in which we are catapulted into contention.

Celtics are great: Celticsblog is inundated with unrealistic nightmare scenarios in which other teams are catapulted into contention.

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 01:17:08 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Celtics suck: Celticsblog is inundated with unrealistic dream scenarios in which we are catapulted into contention.

Celtics are great: Celticsblog is inundated with unrealistic nightmare scenarios in which other teams are catapulted into contention.

you nailed it, at least the C's didn't trade assets for Kevin Love back then  ;D

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 01:25:54 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Let's just accept the lakers are our rivals again and stop the Tom foolery

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 01:26:41 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Kawhi is an expiring contract.  The kind of return they should be expecting is similar to what Indiana got for Paul George.

Granted, that Indiana deal became shockingly good in retrospect, because of how phenomenal Oladipo became, but that was a pretty big surprise. 

An elite prospect like Fultz + a top 10 pick + a solid starter in Covington is a pretty nice deal.  Philly only gives that up if they have assurance Kawhi re-signs.  That's where Kawhi has leverage... if he says he's only willing to re-sign in Los Angeles, he has a lot of power.

Lb I honestly think he says that

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 01:34:41 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Covington Fultz and the 10th pick?  That's crap compensation.  Fultz can't even shoot a JUMPSHOT!  He was DNPed the entire playoffs!  Covington is a journeyman, nothing special.

That offer does NOT beat a package of Jaylen Brown, Morris, Smart/Rozier etc. + the Kings pick plus additional firsts.

Celtics can beat the Phila package easily.

Trust me, Lebron is going to the Lakers with his buddy Paul George.  The nice thing about that is it ignites the Celts-Lakers rivalry.  And the even nicer thing is that it takes him out of the East.  Good luck getting out of the West Lebron!!

Phila doesn't scare me.  Who are they going to attract?  They are a bunch of puppies who suffered a 'gentleman sweep' at the hands of the C's.

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 01:45:13 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Ingram +kuzma+ pick is light years better package

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 02:29:12 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Covington Fultz and the 10th pick?  That's crap compensation.  Fultz can't even shoot a JUMPSHOT!  He was DNPed the entire playoffs!  Covington is a journeyman, nothing special.

Any time! 

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2018, 06:07:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Fultz is damaged goods.

A lot of the execs didn't want Fultz but Colangelo overruled them

"It was a decision praised at the time, but after Fultz struggled in his workout with the Sixers last June, league sources say some Sixers front office members suggested that despite making the trade, the team should have taken a second look at Tatum or Lonzo Ball. But the idea was shot down by Colangelo, according to sources."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2780982-bryan-colangelo-reportedly-overruled-76ers-execs-about-drafting-markelle-fultz

That is really going to help his trade value.  NOT!

Philadelphia scares me...

Some people scare easy, it is life.

Simmons can't shoot, Embiid at this point is injury prone.   Fultz is damaged goods.   A lot of their bench like Amir and Bellini are FA,  JJ is a FA.  Simmons is not a PG, with that team you would zone it up and let them shoot themselves out of the game.

Also, we beat them without Hayward or Irving.   We going to be a lot better with those two.   Calm down.

Philly also is not stable they just fired Colangelo and threw Fultz under the bus.   Why folks think they are going to draw a lot of interest is beyond me.

If we want too, we could top any offer they or the Fakers make. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 06:12:28 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2018, 07:28:58 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Fultz is wierd

Embiid is a walking bowed legged injury waiting to happen

Simmons looks like he is not driven to be a winner ,  thus will he ever put in the work to shoot a jumper .  Is he really truely here for the sport or just the money firstand forever.

Covington looks peakd.

Brown ..is a dreamer

They need PG or Lebron to pull them up by the boot straps.

Celtics will spank their butts again with Irving full strenght.

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2018, 07:30:16 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

That offer does NOT beat a package of Jaylen Brown, Morris, Smart/Rozier etc. + the Kings pick plus additional firsts.

Trust me, Lebron is going to the Lakers with his buddy Paul George.  The nice thing about that is it ignites the Celts-Lakers rivalry.  And the even nicer thing is that it takes him out of the East.  Good luck getting out of the West Lebron!!

Phila doesn't scare me.  Who are they going to attract?  They are a bunch of puppies who suffered a 'gentleman sweep' at the hands of the C's.
Its better compensation than Indiana got for George, and the Kings got for Cousins and the Bulls got for Butler.  And the later two weren't even 1 year rentals.

We can certainly outbid the Sixers and Lakers but will we?   

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2018, 07:46:02 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Fultz is wierd

Embiid is a walking bowed legged injury waiting to happen

Simmons looks like he is not driven to be a winner ,  thus will he ever put in the work to shoot a jumper .  Is he really truely here for the sport or just the money firstand forever.

Covington looks peakd.

Brown ..is a dreamer

They need PG or Lebron to pull them up by the boot straps.

Celtics will spank their butts again with Irving full strenght.
Embiid is already the best center in the league and he hasn't played 100 games yet.  Simmons should have made the all-star game in his 1st season.  The Fultz saga is certainly weird but no reason to think his shooting won't improve. 

The Sixers won 52 games and finished with the 5th best overall record so they don't need Lebron or PG to pull them up by their boot straps.  They need one of them to make them a true contender.