Author Topic: Darko Milicic  (Read 4318 times)

Re: Darko Milicic
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2012, 07:33:18 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
I agree with the observations that Wilcox has alleviated some big man concerns. I think Doc is now simultaneously subbing Wilcox and Sully for KG and Bass in the first period and it has worked pretty well. I'm concerned about Wilcox staying healthy and I'd like to see the combo work consistently but so far so good.

I still think we are struggling on the perimeter and we are in a very precarious position at the SF position. I don't know about the rest of you, but when Green turned his ankle I became very aware of how thin we are backing up Pierce. I mean Green isn't even a perfect fit at SF as it is. Really wish Danny could figure out how to get Pietrus back...

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2012, 07:36:20 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Provided he is healthy, a Darko-Kanter battle might be fun to watch. We can put KG and then Wilcox on Big Al. If Darko gets in foul trouble, we can use Collins on Kanter. Bass we can use on Milsap. This is sounding better and better. ;)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 11:23:40 AM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
Agreed re Pietrus Winsomme. If we are not going to use Darko or Collins I'd almost rather cut one of the two, force feed minutes to Melo and sign Pietrus back.

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 11:42:12 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Really wish Danny could figure out how to get Pietrus back...

I'd rather give our first round pick a shot.  I mean, it's not like having Pietrus is going to make the difference between getting  Banner 18 or not.

As for Darko, you've got to give Doc the benefit of the doubt because he sees more of Darko than we do.  On the other hand, Doc has a bad habit of just deciding that he will not play a guy (like Nenad Krstic in the playoffs).

Mike

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 11:59:30 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Wilcox is one of my favorite Celtics , love his game and attitude. 

He is very athletic for his size , but a touch fragile/unlucky. I 'm on pins and needles the whole time he is n the game thinking he is going down hurt. IMO , we lose Wilcox , we would be in almost as deep water as losing KG. 

I would like to see Collins (built like a rock) and Darko the (bulldozer)  be thrown in against the teams with bruizer /ruff inside players like we're gonna see tonight.  Even Fab , is a big tuff man and decent inside defender .   Doc needs to get these guys in the game to soften up the opposition or wear them down a bit.

Doc needs to work on getting Melo and Darko in the games
even for a few minutes. We are gonna need them sooner than latter I'm scard.