Poll

(will fill out this part later)

Chief:  Karate Kid positivity
Redz: Inventor of Pick A Player Game and never gives up on C's
Edgar: loves us & Delonte, hates Kobe etc and is hell bent on catching Redz in TPs
Reggie's Ghost: Sig master supreme & C's document maker
cdif: responsible for Super Off  Topic and Squirrel threads
Nickagneta: Celtic Blog's personal puppy dog
wdleehi: got rid of Caveman sig
SSFan: came back
Tnerb02: Only in it for the TPs
FLCeltsFan (defending champ): game thread & links goddess
RebusRankin: didn't really do anything, but chicks dig Canadians with lots of TPs
Bassthumper: undying love for Scal & a return to CB
MattG12: listmaster
Casperian: booted from apartment for screaming at TV at 5 AM (his time)during the Finals
Truck Lewis: graduating & getting engaged
QuinielaBox: drove through a storm to go to a C's game in Oklahoma
celticmaestro: keeps the game on in the background while getting lucky
threats13:  started ugliest player poll
Drucci: created Sasha parody video and CB Map
Jsaad: girlfriend misery thread
Celtic: bring Will Solomon back
kw10:  puppy face guilt
Silas: suggests the power of the unexpressed thought
darklord: will use the powers the dark side against all if he loses

Author Topic: 2nd Annual TP Pageant Poll Is Up & Unlocked (VOTE)  (Read 45332 times)

Re: 2nd Annual TP Pageant
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 10:26:34 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
I'm only posting in this thread because I want Tommy Points.

At least I'm honest.  ;D

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 10:36:08 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Because I've been spending 4-8 hours everyday, along with working full time, for a test coming up in two weeks and because after 23 years and 327 days of getting through life without a single family member or close friend dying, fighting off disease, going to jail for a significant amount of time, committing adultery, or any other type of thing that could knock down my spirits (I'd been pretty lucky), I found out that my mom had cancer, three days later found out it was further along than we'd hoped, three days after that found out the news was not good and was infecting multiple organs, and just 6 days after that (this morning) found out it is very unlikely that she will still be with us 3-5 years down the road.

Probably the single worst way to end my long sting of good fortune.

BT, my heart goes out to you.  I've dealt with several close relatives being taken down from Cancer, and it is rough.  The ebbs and flows especially. I can't imagine my Mom though.

I swear to god I've heard more cancer stories in the last several weeks then I can ever remember - including a 4 year old who my daughter takes classes with.  I don't know what the hell's going on.

There is an awful lot of support for Cancer patients, friends, and relatives, including the Relay for Life which is next weekend. 

http://www.relayforlife.org/relay/

I don't have much else to say except that I feel for you, and I'm frustrated to hear another Cancer story.
Yup

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 10:36:34 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I created 96 game threads over the season Plus 52 previews.   Also did links for most of the season and will be doing them again once life settles down some. 

I also was one of the very few who said in Perk's first year that he would be the center on our next championship team and that he would be one of the top centers in the league.   I took a lot of flack in the early days and there weren't all that many people who agreed with me back then.  But now I can say "I told you so..." ;)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:39:44 AM by FLCeltsFan »

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 10:39:10 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Because I've been spending 4-8 hours everyday, along with working full time, for a test coming up in two weeks and because after 23 years and 327 days of getting through life without a single family member or close friend dying, fighting off disease, going to jail for a significant amount of time, committing adultery, or any other type of thing that could knock down my spirits (I'd been pretty lucky), I found out that my mom had cancer, three days later found out it was further along than we'd hoped, three days after that found out the news was not good and was infecting multiple organs, and just 6 days after that (this morning) found out it is very unlikely that she will still be with us 3-5 years down the road.

Probably the single worst way to end my long srting of good fortune.

My heart goes out to you. Having lost both parents and a husband, I can really feel for you Ticket.  My prayers are with you and your mom.  Hang in there. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:39:15 AM by FLCeltsFan »

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 11:04:19 PM »

Offline waltzero

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
Yeah yeah family drama, life is hard, yackety shmackety, everyone has stuff like that going on, because life sucks for everyone, waaah waaaah waaaah give me the tommy points.

Meanwhile, I suggested this team sign Walter McCarty this year, and wanted them to grab Delonte instead of Sam Cassel last year.

Walter + Delonte = 70 wins, b2b champs, power of Voltron, etc.

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 11:07:24 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
  But now I can say "I told you so..." ;)

yeah...thats how i feel about scalabrine but yall didnt listen

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 11:07:31 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I deserve to win because I traded for KG and Ray (wait, that was Danny Ainge).

Well, I helped coach the first Celtics championship team in 22 years (oops, that was Doc Rivers).

I've got it, because I cheered for the Celtics through thick and thin (what, you say there are many here who've done that and its nothing that makes you stand out).

Would you believe I invented the PAPOUG (Redz just pmed me to ask me to stop taking credit for his invention).

I've got it, I should win because I like TPs, I need TPs, women dig TPs and I'm Canadian (yeah, it is too a reason eh). Plus when I was a kid, I wanted to be 6ft9 because Larry Bird was 6ft9.

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 11:16:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Yeah yeah family drama, life is hard, yackety shmackety, everyone has stuff like that going on, because life sucks for everyone, waaah waaaah waaaah give me the tommy points.

Meanwhile, I suggested this team sign Walter McCarty this year, and wanted them to grab Delonte instead of Sam Cassel last year.

WOW

That might be without a doubt the most heartless and cruel post I've ever read on this site.

If ever there was a time I wanted to subtract TP's this would be it.

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 11:16:57 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i should win cause i never ever gave up on scalabrine..i drove the bandwagon that many people climbed on through the playoffs. i was the first last season to recognize "powe pimpin" was a baller. i called him "pimpin" cause he was gettin mo and mo minutes from doc everytime he played..he hustle those minutes when others said trade him. i should win cause i came back to the C's  blog...i missed my celtic's home...life wasnt the same without u guys....~wiping tears~

*sippin*

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 11:20:14 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.

WOW

That might be without a doubt the most heartless and cruel post I've ever read on this site.

It's alright, nick.  No offense was taken by me (but the defense is much appreciated, as were the sentiments from Redz and FL, thanks guys, really means a lot).  I know this is probably the wrong thread to bring it up, but if I've learned anything during my almost 2 years on CB, it's that this place has been a great source of encouragement and shared experience for plenty of real life stuff.  After the news I got today I just needed to get some stuff out, so I apologize if this was the wrong place to do it.  But come on... I could use some TPs to cheer me up right about now!

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 11:20:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
i should win cause i never ever gave up on scalabrine..i drove the bandwagon that many people climbed on through the playoffs. i was the first last season to recognize "powe pimpin" was a baller. i called him "pimpin" cause he was gettin mo and mo minutes from doc everytime he played..he hustle those minutes when others said trade him. i should win cause i came back to the C's  blog...i missed my celtic's home...life wasnt the same without u guys....~wiping tears~

*sippin*
Bass you're getting a vote from me just for coining the phrase "Powe pimpin". Without a doubt a Celticsblog Hall of Fame phrase!!!

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 11:21:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

WOW

It's alright, nick.  No offense was taken by me (but the defense is much appreciated, as were the sentiments from Redz and FL, thanks guys, really means a lot).  I know this is probably the wrong thread to bring it up, but if I've learned anything during my almost 2 years on CB, it's that this place has been a great source of encouragement and shared experience for plenty of real life stuff.  After the news I got today I just needed to get some stuff out, so I apologize if this was the wrong place to do it.  But come on... I could use some TPs to cheer me up right about now!
Hope you got my PM.

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 11:23:21 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I make some killer lists.

...and this...

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 11:28:44 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

WOW

Ditto. That is absolutely ridiculous.

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 11:29:11 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!

*sippin*
Bass you're getting a vote from me just for coining the phrase "Powe pimpin". Without a doubt a Celticsblog Hall of Fame phrase!!!

thank u for your vote sir....

and if elected i will put a 40oz ~u choose your flavor~ in every drinkin age boston celtic's fan homes~

*guzzillin*