Author Topic: A Kyrie trade everyone can get behind  (Read 6306 times)

Re: A Kyrie trade everyone can get behind
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2018, 08:13:37 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Its a terrible trade for the Celtics too. Would the Warriors trade Klay Thompson for that package? Would the Raptors make that trade for Lowry? Would the Rockets make that trade for Paul?

My answer: probably not, because they are all contending for the championship right now. I think Irving is better (or at least comparable) to all of those players at this stage in their career.

That's why it is a bad trade for the Cs.

Would the Raptors take that trade for Kyle Freaking Lowery? Your kidding Right.

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2018, 08:22:03 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Its a terrible trade for the Celtics too. Would the Warriors trade Klay Thompson for that package? Would the Raptors make that trade for Lowry? Would the Rockets make that trade for Paul?

My answer: probably not, because they are all contending for the championship right now. I think Irving is better (or at least comparable) to all of those players at this stage in their career.

I'm not. They wouldn't, because they are competing for a championship right now, and if they did, there is no way Leonard would resign.

In a vacuum, if the Celtics were going nowhere,  that's good value for Irving. But no trades happen in a vacuum. No championship contender trades one of their top players in the years they are contending.

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2018, 08:23:02 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Considering they surprisingly want to extend Kawhi this offseason they obviously would not do this deal.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2018, 09:06:43 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

I'm not. They wouldn't, because they are competing for a championship right now, and if they did, there is no way Leonard would resign.

In a vacuum, if the Celtics were going nowhere,  that's good value for Irving. But no trades happen in a vacuum. No championship contender trades one of their top players in the years they are contending.

Well thank you for saying that in a Blender it's good value. Id argue it's good value if you have concerns about giving him 190 million dollar Max and have concerns about his knees.

Your also paying 14 million over the next two years for Fox and around 75 million for two years of Irving.

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2018, 09:19:09 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Well thank you for saying that in a Blender it's good value. Id argue it's good value if you have concerns about giving him 190 million dollar Max and have concerns about his knees.

Your also paying 14 million over the next two years for Fox and around 75 million for two years of Irving.

If Irving is more fit to win a championship over the next handful of years, then he is worth double that.That's the modern NBA. Superstars that can swing championship series are worth more than their contract, and they are worth more than bunches of young players and first round draft picks.

If a team will be in the championship series, they won't trade these superstar players. Most of these teams won't even trade any of their team that can play in a championship series and hold their own.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 09:39:08 PM by DefenseWinsChamps »

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2018, 09:45:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Kyrie Irving is 26 years old, still young, he is entering his prime, he is an NBA champion and knows what it takes to win one and he has the nuts to hit a last second shot in game 7 of the Finals to win the title. Kyrie is this team's best offensive weapon, by far. He appears to be showing great leadership to our young people that love him. And Stevens and Ainge love the guy.

In a year and years where this team may be coming out of the East for the next 4-6 years, you need Kyrie Irving. You don't need more young, playoff unproven, filled with potential but not showing what Kyrie already is players that won't all be able to get playing time. Trading Kyrie makes zero sense for Boston. Just none whatsoever.

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2018, 10:08:13 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Being a **** and intentionally misinterpreting someone does not strengthen your argument.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2018, 10:45:00 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Now we're name-calling and cursing because someone values a Celtic differently than the majority? JM&J. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2018, 10:46:24 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Now we're name-calling and cursing because someone values a Celtic differently than the majority? JM&J.
It's probably because he's dodging arguments and ignoring counterpoints, as well as misrepresenting responses to things he's said.

'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2018, 10:49:49 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
It's probably because he's dodging arguments and ignoring counterpoints, as well as misrepresenting responses to things he's said.

I'm not reading it that way, but regardless, it would seem to detract from the board if there are never dissenting opinions about even the most popular players, beliefs, etc.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2018, 11:26:38 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
I would do this trade if we were giving up Terry Rozier. But Kyrie freaking Irving???
- LilRip

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2018, 06:51:45 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Good morning laugh.
Thank you :)

Hey what about DRose for Kyrie, he scored 50 the other night!

Lol! Good one!

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2018, 11:26:27 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Thanks again Tarheels. The Bullies are out on this one. Another TP. And what am I dodging exactly?

I think the value coming in is more than what going out. And I think we don't win for q title in the next two years unless there are major injuries to the Warriors.

Your also missing that this trade would likely help our draft pick become top 5 pick.

So Kyrie for

WCS #6 pick
 Pick Marvin Bagley #2 pick
De'aaron Fox #5 pick
Harry Giles 20th pick and former #1 prospect

And potentially Zion Williamson , Barrett, Reddish, Little.

How many games you think the Kings win with Irving Hield and nothing else?