Author Topic: Bulls players debated whether to show up at practice today.  (Read 7721 times)

Re: Bulls players debated whether to show up at practice today.
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2018, 03:49:19 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
We talkin bout pratice?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2018, 04:29:39 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I hope they buy out Lopez. He'd be perfect over here in Celtics green.

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2018, 04:59:56 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
I hope they buy out Lopez. He'd be perfect over here in Celtics green.

I agree. Rumor is that Lopez and Markkanen were the ones that convinced the others to cancel the practice strike.

Markkanen is my fellow countryman, so I follow his career very closely and Lopez has been a great mentor for him.

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2018, 05:02:08 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Chicago Bulls players contacted the National Basketball Players Association on Sunday because of what they felt were extreme tactics by new head coach Jim Boylen, league sources told Yahoo Sports, the culmination of a growing divide between the coach and his players.

After a close win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday and a 56-point rout Saturday night by the Boston Celtics, Boylen, finishing his first week as head coach, called for a Sunday practice — an NBA protocol no-no with the Bulls just completing a back-to-back.

After taking the helm from fired coach Fred Hoiberg on Monday, Boylen held three two-and-a-half-hour practices in his first week that included extra wind sprints and players doing military-style pushups. Calling for another lengthy practice after the back-to-back led to a near-mutiny and caused the players to reach out to the union, sources said.

https://sports.yahoo.com/inside-turmoil-jim-boylens-chicago-bulls-193241523.html

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2018, 07:54:01 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
tell me again how this is a player problem.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2018, 08:40:14 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Chicago Bulls players contacted the National Basketball Players Association on Sunday because of what they felt were extreme tactics by new head coach Jim Boylen, league sources told Yahoo Sports, the culmination of a growing divide between the coach and his players.

After a close win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday and a 56-point rout Saturday night by the Boston Celtics, Boylen, finishing his first week as head coach, called for a Sunday practice — an NBA protocol no-no with the Bulls just completing a back-to-back.

After taking the helm from fired coach Fred Hoiberg on Monday, Boylen held three two-and-a-half-hour practices in his first week that included extra wind sprints and players doing military-style pushups. Calling for another lengthy practice after the back-to-back led to a near-mutiny and caused the players to reach out to the union, sources said.

https://sports.yahoo.com/inside-turmoil-jim-boylens-chicago-bulls-193241523.html

Lol. Some players wanted the NBPA to get involved because their coach wanted them to practice after getting their butts handed to them? The entitlement...
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2018, 09:43:06 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

Let's see - These players are making millions in salary and they are told to come to work and put in intense effort for less than 3 hours per day and you think they have a valid point by complaining about such "harsh" treatment? ...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 10:25:30 PM by Roy H. »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2018, 09:56:49 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

That has to be explained to you ?

Let's see - These players are making millions in salary and they are told to come to work and put in intense effort for less than 3 hours per day and you think they have a valid point by complaining about such "harsh" treatment ? Are you a entitled milennial yourself ?

I know this isn't the point, but if you're in the NBA, you're working a lot more than 3 hours a day.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2018, 10:02:38 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Imagine being like the worst team in the NBA and thinking this was a good idea. This is what happens when a roster has zero veteran presence. They should just clean house with that roster. Everyone should go outside of Wendel Carter and Markannen.

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2018, 10:06:07 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas

Let's see - These players are making millions in salary and they are told to come to work and put in intense effort for less than 3 hours per day and you think they have a valid point by complaining about such "harsh" treatment ? Are you a entitled milennial yourself ?

I know this isn't the point, but if you're in the NBA, you're working a lot more than 3 hours a day.

I was referring specifically to practice time and game time that these players were complaining about. Players weren't contacting the Union about stretching, physical rehab, injury treatment, warmups, individual work, etc.

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2018, 10:10:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

It's a bad idea to break the rules and make a personal attack on a poster. It's even worse doing it to a moderator. Do something like this again and you're suspended.

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2018, 10:40:32 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Imagine being like the worst team in the NBA and thinking this was a good idea. This is what happens when a roster has zero veteran presence. They should just clean house with that roster. Everyone should go outside of Wendel Carter and Markannen.
They have a handful of players on at least their 2nd contract including Lopez who has been in the league a decade.  There is a reason NBA protocols exist.  There is a reason an interim coach shouldn't be breaking NBA protocols.  And the coach gave up on the team after working them to death, after they beat a top team the night before, etc.  The fact that the coach doesn't recognize that a team might come out a bit flat in that scenario is quite frankly astonishing, especially when they showed some life in the 2nd quarter. 

I maintain my position, the coach should be fired immediately.  He clearly doesn't understand what it means to be a head coach in the NBA.  Not at all.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2018, 10:54:46 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas

It's a bad idea to break the rules and make a personal attack on a poster. It's even worse doing it to a moderator. Do something like this again and you're suspended.

So ................ we are not allowed to argue the point of the thread ?
Sorry for the "entitled milennial" remark, but the moderators are not God - ever read some of the remarks that are sent my way from time to time ?

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2018, 11:11:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

So ................ we are not allowed to argue the point of the thread ?
Sorry for the "entitled milennial" remark, but the moderators are not God - ever read some of the remarks that are sent my way from time to time ?
Argue the point of the thread. Leave out the personal attacks. As for attacking moderators, if you don't know by now after close to 2000 posts that doing so is a major rule break, well learn it now.

Do not continue this discussion here, if you want to continue it, take it to PM

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2018, 01:57:13 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
When you lose by 60 points I think that players should take it personally, and not throw the coach under the bus immediately. I don't know if Boylen is a good coach or not up to this point, but you have to look yourself in the mirror and perform better if you are a player.

If I am the Bulls I would try to ship Jabari (who I presume was in the "won't come to practice" camp). He is weak on defense, his contract ends this year and they could get a 2nd rounder for him IMO.
Bulls are following my CS profile.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25528771/jabari-parker-no-longer-part-chicago-bulls-regular-rotation
"The joy of the balling under the rims."