Author Topic: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)  (Read 18174 times)

Re: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2024, 07:51:14 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2504
We can win the title with or without Kristaps. The Jays have that level of talent.

« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2024, 07:55:51 PM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 373
Honestly the whole reason we got porzingis was for the playoffs and we did everything we could all year long to manage him and keep him healthy…4 games into the playoff and he’s likely to miss the end of the first round and the entire second round…and that’s best case scenario. Yikes. Not sure I get the optimism

I mean maybe the fact that it’s not season ending and will likely be back for ECF?

Could’ve been season ending. Considering what it looked like when it happened what’s not to be optimistic about?

« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2024, 08:01:50 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1400
If he comes back, he probably won't be as efficient as before. He'll be putting up Timelord stats post-injury. That's my second concern

This is not in any way comparable to Timelord's injury. Totally different types of injuries and recoveries.

Timelords was a meniscus, KP is a calf. I’ve torn my meniscus myself and it took me months to feel normal. Your knee articulates while your calf just provides support.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2024, 08:03:01 PM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
If he comes back, he probably won't be as efficient as before. He'll be putting up Timelord stats post-injury. That's my second concern

This is not in any way comparable to Timelord's injury. Totally different types of injuries and recoveries.

Timelords was a meniscus, KP is a calf. I’ve torn my meniscus myself and it took me months to feel normal. Your knee articulates while your calf just provides support.

Tendon injuries and muscle sprains are two totally different levels of injury.

« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2024, 08:08:38 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2504

Tendon injuries and muscle sprains are two totally different levels of injury.

Meniscus is cartilage

« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2024, 08:14:31 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 184
Honestly the whole reason we got porzingis was for the playoffs and we did everything we could all year long to manage him and keep him healthy…4 games into the playoff and he’s likely to miss the end of the first round and the entire second round…and that’s best case scenario. Yikes. Not sure I get the optimism

I mean maybe the fact that it’s not season ending and will likely be back for ECF?

Could’ve been season ending. Considering what it looked like when it happened what’s not to be optimistic about?

Sure, them being vague about it is better then just announcing he’s  out for the season but simply not optimistic about him missing an entire series and potentially working his way back from injury in a series to get to the finals. No  promise he ever even gets to 100% . Everyone knows he’s made of glass and of course he gets hurt in the first round of the playoffs after being managed the entire year.

« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2024, 10:07:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3029
  • On To Banner 18!
Have to say, they didn't skip a beat without KP tonight. Good sign.

We should definitely beat ORL/CLE without KP. Hopefully he can come back by the ECF
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2024, 10:35:39 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2424
The Cavs had a lot of injury problems this year. They are better than a 48 win team. They probably would have been in 55 win range.

In Donovan's Mitchell's 55 games, they were 36 and 19 in those games which would be a 54 win pace. Garland played only 57 games. Mobley only 50 games.

I think the Cavs are being underestimated.

I’m not speaking for everyone but I don’t think that’s true. Even if you give Cleveland a 54 win season, they are still 10 games behind the Celtics.

During the regular season the Celtics were 11 points better on average than their opponents. The next tier has the Knicks, Bucks and 76ers at a 3-4 point differential. The Cavs are in the 3rd tier with the Heat and Magic with a 2 point difference.

That is with Porzingis.

I agree that with Porzignis are much much better than Cleveland. That Cleveland are not a real threat to beat BOS.

Boston are not a 64 win team without Porzingis. They just aren't. Talent wise, they are more like a 55 win team.

That puts them back in the mix with these other teams.

« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2024, 11:40:39 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1034
The Cavs had a lot of injury problems this year. They are better than a 48 win team. They probably would have been in 55 win range.

In Donovan's Mitchell's 55 games, they were 36 and 19 in those games which would be a 54 win pace. Garland played only 57 games. Mobley only 50 games.

I think the Cavs are being underestimated.

I’m not speaking for everyone but I don’t think that’s true. Even if you give Cleveland a 54 win season, they are still 10 games behind the Celtics.

During the regular season the Celtics were 11 points better on average than their opponents. The next tier has the Knicks, Bucks and 76ers at a 3-4 point differential. The Cavs are in the 3rd tier with the Heat and Magic with a 2 point difference.

That is with Porzingis.

I agree that with Porzignis are much much better than Cleveland. That Cleveland are not a real threat to beat BOS.

Boston are not a 64 win team without Porzingis. They just aren't. Talent wise, they are more like a 55 win team.

That puts them back in the mix with these other teams.

The Celtics are 21-4 @ +11.8 in the games KP missed, and 9-3 against EC playoff teams. I’m not saying they are better without him, but they can clearly hold their own. Nobody I believes it will be a cakewalk, but I don’t think this sways anything too much next round. Maybe in the ECF it would. The Finals surely. Let’s hope we get there, with him.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2024, 11:45:12 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2424
Nobody I believes it will be a cakewalk, but I don’t think this sways anything too much next round. Maybe in the ECF it would. The Finals surely. Let’s hope we get there, with him.

I think the ECF will be easier than the ECSF. Assuming it is NY or IND we play in the ECF. I see Cleveland as the biggest threat.

« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2024, 12:03:44 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1034
Nobody I believes it will be a cakewalk, but I don’t think this sways anything too much next round. Maybe in the ECF it would. The Finals surely. Let’s hope we get there, with him.

I think the ECF will be easier than the ECSF. Assuming it is NY or IND we play in the ECF. I see Cleveland as the biggest threat.

While Cleveland has the size in the paint with Allen and Mobley that guys like Kornet and Tillman can’t pull them away, the C’s have elite defenders for Garland and Mitchell with serious matchup problems for them with Tatum and Brown. I just don’t know how they can stop them.

Orlando has size in the frontcourt but I just don’t think they shoot well enough to hang with the C’s over the course of a series. We beat them rather easily in two home games after that tournament loss in Orlando.

The ECF can literally be any of the other 4 remaining teams IMO (of course, depending on the health of Giannis, Lillard, and Embiid).

Either way, Celtics should be favored against all Eastern Conference teams, with or without KP.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2024, 02:59:37 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 184
I am shocked people think we will easily beat the Cavs without Porzingis.

I understand people believing we should easily beat the Cavs with Porzingis. But without? I do not understand. The Cavs are not some clown team like this Miami squad we are playing against now without Jimmy Butler. Cleveland are a quality team. Not a top level team but then neither are the Celtics without Porzingis.

These are teams of equals or near-equals.

I can’t remember the last time we were in the second round and it didn’t go 7. So yeah not gonna be easy. 7 game series.

« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2024, 03:25:34 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1013
I am shocked people think we will easily beat the Cavs without Porzingis.

I understand people believing we should easily beat the Cavs with Porzingis. But without? I do not understand. The Cavs are not some clown team like this Miami squad we are playing against now without Jimmy Butler. Cleveland are a quality team. Not a top level team but then neither are the Celtics without Porzingis.

These are teams of equals or near-equals.

I can’t remember the last time we were in the second round and it didn’t go 7. So yeah not gonna be easy. 7 game series.

East Semis usually the toughest round. Next series going 7 games. Expect a loss at home or two with the Celtics.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2024, 05:55:28 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2556
Both Cleveland and Orlando worry me. Neither are Butter-less Heat. Either will be worthy round two opponents.

« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2024, 06:59:03 AM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
orlando winning friday would be ideal. push this to game 7 so celtics wont have to play until Tuesday. would be a week of rest for KP already.