Author Topic: I think we traded for Myles Turner. (Pure Speculation)  (Read 5226 times)

Re: I think we traded for Myles Turner. (Pure Speculation)
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2020, 02:21:53 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Mystery solved. They share the same agent.

https://basketball.realgm.com/info/agent-client-list/Bill-Duffy/16

Still, why would Turner pick Williams and Tacko to practice against instead of Rasho Nesterovic and Francisco Elson?????

Because those guys are 44 years old and aren't from this country(?)

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2020, 02:27:08 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

Don't take my tinfoil away. LeBron James and Anthony Davis also shared the same agent before Davis became a Laker.

Coincidence? Entirely.

but it's the dead season, so right now I'll go with with "Coincidence, entirely?"
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2020, 02:29:09 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

Still, why would Turner pick Williams and Tacko to practice against instead of Rasho Nesterovic and Francisco Elson?????

Haha... same.

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2020, 02:35:03 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52

lol
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

Re: I think we traded for Myles Turner.
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2020, 02:59:17 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I think Boston traded Grant and Tacko for Justin Holiday.

Oh man I’d love that.

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2020, 06:18:20 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Since Ainge has been planning for this scenario for a year or so, i wonder what the deal is?

Didn't he have a "Don't lose Hayward for nothing plan?"

"We're just going to give you all of the leverage here Mr. Hayward....go ahead and opt out and we'll just wave good bye and stick with the "Daniel Theis playoff front court" plan."

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2020, 07:06:02 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Hard to say, but last time we were in a similar situation, a ton of free agents left for essentially nothing.  Kyrie, Horford, Rozier, Morris.  Danny adapted well, but that wasn’t the result of a long term plan. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2020, 08:17:28 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

Hard to say, but last time we were in a similar situation, a ton of free agents left for essentially nothing.  Kyrie, Horford, Rozier, Morris.  Danny adapted well, but that wasn’t the result of a long term plan.

The big caveat here is these moves left max cap space to sign Walker so it really wasn’t nothing if you think of it that way.  It’s still a net negative in terms of assets, but not nothing.  Though you could make the argument less was more for the chemistry of our team.

The big difference if Hayward left is you don’t get max cap space only a net gain of 4 mil being able to use the non tax payer mid level exception rather than the tax payer mid level exception. So ideally it would be nice to get something in return. I’m hoping if he opts out it’s to re-sign with us.

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2020, 08:28:18 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

The big caveat here is these moves left max cap space to sign Walker so it really wasn’t nothing if you think of it that way.  It’s still a net negative in terms of assets, but not nothing.  Though you could make the argument less was more for the chemistry of our team.

The big difference if Hayward left is you don’t get max cap space only a net gain of 4 mil being able to use the non tax payer mid level exception rather than the tax payer mid level exception. So ideally it would be nice to get something in return. I’m hoping if he opts out it’s to re-sign with us.

Its an interesting proposition.

Turner doesn't need to be the best player that we could possibly target, he just has to be the best player that we could get in a Hayward sign and trade to somewhere where both parties would leave on good terms scenario.

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2020, 09:30:01 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Don't take my tinfoil away. LeBron James and Anthony Davis also shared the same agent before Davis became a Laker.

Coincidence? Entirely.

but it's the dead season, so right now I'll go with with "Coincidence, entirely?"

It's the offseason, AND yesterday was the 5th of November, so I'll go with "There is no coincidence. Only the illusion of coincidence."
I'm bitter.