Author Topic: More 2010 madness - Amare  (Read 2745 times)

More 2010 madness - Amare
« on: November 29, 2008, 01:57:35 PM »

Offline fatherscott

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
In all the LeBron talk, we lose track (sometimes) of the other guys available. The insufferable Stephen A. Smith has a column that shows STAT's disgust in PHX...his comments sound a lot like Marion before he split town.

So here's a 2010 conspiracy -- what if NYK continues to cut payroll, packaging bad contracts (Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries) with good players who are soon to be overpaid (David Lee, Nate Robinson), and can go after multiple FAs in 2010. You'd have to imagine Amare would love to get back with Mike D -- and can you imagine Amare and LeBron on a team together?

Just a thought.
Formerly scotthp49 at the old site. Didn't have much to say last year, but I missed you guys too much.

Re: More 2010 madness - Amare
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 02:05:00 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
In all the LeBron talk, we lose track (sometimes) of the other guys available. The insufferable Stephen A. Smith has a column that shows STAT's disgust in PHX...his comments sound a lot like Marion before he split town.

So here's a 2010 conspiracy -- what if NYK continues to cut payroll, packaging bad contracts (Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries) with good players who are soon to be overpaid (David Lee, Nate Robinson), and can go after multiple FAs in 2010. You'd have to imagine Amare would love to get back with Mike D -- and can you imagine Amare and LeBron on a team together?

Just a thought.

I've said this before but, I don't think Lebron is leaving Cleveland. And even if he does I think he'd end up with New Jersey instead of the Knicks. But I do think New York could lure Amare and Bosh to play in the big apple and the two of them in D'Antoni's system could be scary.

Re: More 2010 madness - Amare
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 02:13:54 PM »

Offline fatherscott

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9

Just a thought.

I've said this before but, I don't think Lebron is leaving Cleveland. And even if he does I think he'd end up with New Jersey instead of the Knicks. But I do think New York could lure Amare and Bosh to play in the big apple and the two of them in D'Antoni's system could be scary.

Indeed...it doesn't have to be LeBron, Amare and Bosh would be just as scary. An uptempo system with two mobile guys in their prime, regardless of their position, is frightening. They will need a PG I suppose, I don't think Duhon's gonna cut it ;)
Formerly scotthp49 at the old site. Didn't have much to say last year, but I missed you guys too much.