Author Topic: Marcus Camby  (Read 2754 times)

Marcus Camby
« on: November 28, 2008, 04:48:52 PM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
With the Clippers' acquisition of Zach Randolph, do you guys think that Marcus Camby is available?  I think he could be a big help if we land him, because he does a lot of the same things as KG (shot blocking, rebounding, midrange J's), and can reduce KG's minutes.  KG can stay fresh for the playoffs and the team will not suffer that much.  Obviously, we cannot provide great value for the Clips (our picks are crappy and our young bench guys aren't that good), but if that logjam they have gets really bad down the line they might be willig to unload him for less than market value.  Thoughts?

Re: Marcus Camby
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 04:56:01 PM »

Offline albert

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • ubuntu.
In our dreams, maybe.

He's locked up for $15.65m over the next two years.
Bleed Green. What does it mean?

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 04:57:18 PM »

Offline rondilla

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
I really like Marcus, but how would be able to acquire him. The vast majority of our money is invested in Garnett, Pierce and Allen. Camby makes 10 million a year, and has another year on his deal after this one (unless that is an option that the ESPN trade machine has included). We just don't have the contracts to make such a deal work, IMO.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 05:13:36 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
We couldn't save the clippers money, we can't offer them equal value. Really not ideal trading partners from the clips end.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 05:17:14 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
We couldn't save the clippers money, we can't offer them equal value. Really not ideal trading partners from the clips end.

I was just running some ideas around in the trade machine and, no, there's no flippin' way to get Camby that makes any sense.

But while looking around I did spy that we still own the rights to Ben Pepper.
Yup

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 05:32:10 PM »

Offline rondilla

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8

I was just running some ideas around in the trade machine and, no, there's no flippin' way to get Camby that makes any sense.

But while looking around I did spy that we still own the rights to Ben Pepper.

Hang #18 right now. :)