Author Topic: Belinelli  (Read 3747 times)

Belinelli
« on: November 16, 2008, 10:15:55 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
do we have anything to go after this guy as another wing shooter off the bench....

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55477/20081116/nets_reject_trade_of_bellinelli_for_boone_or_williams/

looks like GS is looking to move him for a big...

Re: Belinelli
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 10:55:15 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
tickets to the Ice Capades?

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 10:56:05 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
do we have anything to go after this guy as another wing shooter off the bench....

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55477/20081116/nets_reject_trade_of_bellinelli_for_boone_or_williams/

I'd love to get Bellinelli but I don't think Scal or BBD are diserable bigs.   ::)  I think he's going t obe a stud though.

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 11:13:38 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

I'd love to get Bellinelli but I don't think Scal or BBD are diserable bigs.   ::)  I think he's going t obe a stud though.

No, but Powe might be.  It would be quite the homecoming for Powe to end up back in Oakland...
I would hate to lose Powe, but that might be a way to get Belinelli.

That said, I don't think Belinelli brings what the Cs need right now (length at the 3 or 5).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 11:17:36 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

No, but Powe might be.  It would be quite the homecoming for Powe to end up back in Oakland...

That said, I don't think Belinelli brings what the Cs need right now (length at the 3 or 5).

Is Belinelli as NBA-ready as Powe, though?  The goal should be maximizing our chances this year, and I'm not sure if Bellinelli is the type of guy we should be targeting.

What this does show is that we're not getting Boone or Williams (which I think was a given, anyway.)  If the Nets won't move either for Belinelli, then they're not trading one of them to a division rival for any package that we could put together.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 11:22:15 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I'd offer Potsie O'Bryant to get Beli. ;)

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 11:45:31 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Is Belinelli as NBA-ready as Powe, though?  The goal should be maximizing our chances this year, and I'm not sure if Bellinelli is the type of guy we should be targeting.

I completely agree.  As I said, I don't think Belinelli brings the Cs anything of need right now.
I think the Cs need to be looking at bigger sized 3s and 5s. 
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 04:25:34 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255

What this does show is that we're not getting Boone or Williams (which I think was a given, anyway.)  If the Nets won't move either for Belinelli, then they're not trading one of them to a division rival for any package that we could put together.

most likely the answer is "no" on Beli being as ready as Powe....but then again who knows because Nellie is barely playing the guy.

but losing Powe for Beli would create another hole. and not necessarily fill the one we have now.

i do like Beli, though. just not sure how we could get him.

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 04:53:21 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Do the Warriors want O'Blount back? 
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 05:29:27 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'd rather Giddens and a second rder for him or something...not powe

Warriors have Turiaf, they want a skilled big not an energy guy...and they need size.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 04:25:18 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
If we had anyone to give them, I would love to see Bellineli on the C's.  He has been a binky of mine for a while, and I think he will end up being a very good player.  He reminds me a lot of Brent Barry.  He is a SG, but has PG skills. 

As much as I like him though, I think it would be very tough to give up Powe for him straight up.  However, if we can make a bigger deal out of it, it might be interesting.