Poll

Has this team flipped the switch?

Yes
41 (62.1%)
No
25 (37.9%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Have the Celtics flipped the switch? (Poll)  (Read 10815 times)

Re: Have the Celtics flipped the switch? (Poll)
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2019, 03:47:41 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I want to see how we go when Brown comes back. I think it's no coincidence that less Rozier & Morris involvement = better Celtics

Bingo!

Play Wanamaker instead of Rozier.

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2019, 03:51:24 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1772
Less morris /rozier

more Gordy

= wins

+1
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2019, 04:36:29 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
thing is, as good as gordon was playing, Morris took 13 shots to haywards 9. and there were times Rozier would ignore Gordon to take a dumb shot.

Time will tell if Brad has finally learned he cant make everyone happy and needs to prioritize Gordon Hayward/Jaylen brown in the playoffs over Rozier/Morris..

or he will go back to the trying to make everyone happy and those two shoot us into a series loss while Gordon stands in a corner and Jaylen sits on the bench at 18mpg

at this point, Rozier/Morris are most likely not part of our long-term plans. who cares if it upsets them to cut their minutes.

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2019, 04:44:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
thing is, as good as gordon was playing, Morris took 13 shots to haywards 9. and there were times Rozier would ignore Gordon to take a dumb shot.

Time will tell if Brad has finally learned he cant make everyone happy and needs to prioritize Gordon Hayward/Jaylen brown in the playoffs over Rozier/Morris..

or he will go back to the trying to make everyone happy and those two shoot us into a series loss while Gordon stands in a corner and Jaylen sits on the bench at 18mpg

at this point, Rozier/Morris are most likely not part of our long-term plans. who cares if it upsets them to cut their minutes.
Three or four of Morris' shots were in the 4th when the game was decided and over. Hayward made just one shot in the fourth. If it was a close game starting the 4th quarter, I am not sure Morris is taking those shots with Hayward on the floor and already 8 for 8.

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2019, 05:53:02 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1957
I just voted after rewatching the game. Kyrie was involved and engaged on the sidelines. The defensive communication and rotations have been much better the last few games. The team has looked impressive on the road.

Hayward appears to finally be healthy, as does everyone else(Brown will be fine. If yesterday was the playoffs, he would have been playing).

Coach went to the two big lineup and appears to have reduced Morris' role. Brown, before getting hurt appeared to be taking a role in the end if games. My guess is we should expect a tight nine man rotation or ten man rotation with much lower minutes to both Morris and Rozier.

The "divide" appears to have been closed. Stevens has made adjustments. The team is playing much better on the road, maintaining fourth quarter leads and communicating better with each other on the court.

Yep. I think, as young as this team is, they may have flipped a switch and we may be seeing the team we expected all year and that will go deep in the playoffs, regardless of home court advantages in later rounds.

While we won in impressive fashion yesterday and we're on a 3 game winning streak, I don't believe we can assert that they've flipped the switch.  This team has struggled to play cohesively when most of our players have been healthy.  Even if we're 100% healthy by playoff time, I am concerned about chemistry.  I agree that less minutes from Morris and (especially) Rozier would help tremendously with this.  Personally my confidence in winning games in the playoffs would skyrocket if Rozier has very limited minutes or even DNPs.

We're still just 5-5 in our last 10 games.  Over this stretch we have not beaten any truly tough opponents, and our last 4 wins were over shorthanded teams in the Heat and Pacers.

I see plenty of reasons to be optimistic - especially Hayward's play since returning from the concussion - but I'm still not convinced.  It's too early to tell and this team has been too inconsistent.  Orlando will be a pretty good test as they've been playing well lately, but I think we won't know about being able to flip to switch until things really count come playoff time.

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2019, 10:41:24 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
I want to see how we go when Brown comes back. I think it's no coincidence that less Rozier & Morris involvement = better Celtics

Bingo!

Play Wanamaker instead of Rozier.

Yes - really liked what I saw of Wannamaker. Give him PG minutes, put Irving at the 2-guard and keep the ball moving and see what we've got. If Hayward's improvement continues, he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He doesn't need to be spotting up on the perimeter watching Kyrie dribble. I am not surprised to see this team look so good with a no-nonsense playmaking point guard.

Having said all that, I could easily see this Celtics team lose their last two games because they lose some focus and I don't trust Stevens to give Wannamaker more minutes than a healthy Rozier. Brad is afraid of his players.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2019, 11:35:50 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Yes

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2019, 12:37:04 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Hard to tell.  The pacers playing without their all star.  We should win this series handily.  Obviously we’ll find out next series.  But we could play our best and still lose.

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2019, 01:02:58 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
IMO no.  I think the Pacers are just outgunned from a talent standpoint.  The difference in this series has really just been that we have a Kyrie to make plays down the stretch and they don’t.

They only really have one guy who can create offense in Bojan, but Brown is a bad matchup for him physically. 

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2019, 01:30:38 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
No. If they did, they be blowing out the Oladipo-less Pacers the last 3 games and winning by 15+ each game.

Celtics are too talented with this roster to be losing to Indiana. Missing Marcus Smart in the next series would be costly, though.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2019, 01:54:22 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Gotta wait until they're playing the Bucks on the road.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2019, 02:03:16 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
GH is almost all the way back...this is credit to Danny and CBS

With all due respect to Danny and Brad -- and I do totally respect both: No.

Gordon Hayward's level of play is credit to Gordon Hayward and the hard work he has put in to rehab from his injury and rebuild his game.

Absolutely GH gets credit for coming back from that nasty injury, but in terms of his contribution to the team I give credit to Danny and Brad for staying with him when he was struggling

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2019, 03:57:46 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Though I don't know about the flipping the switch and y'all, but the last three games these Celtics sure seem to enjoy winning and seem to be "having fun" with each other compared to like...January, February or March where everyone seemed to have their own agenda, calling each other out, concerned about being traded and stuff.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2019, 05:21:12 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Y’all are crazy to say yes. Y’all make it seem like the Celtics are beating the snot out of the pacers. Let’s not forget the Pacers are without their best player. Let’s not pretend like the pacers are just losing by not having a go to scorer who can get 30. Overall this dearie is far more bad Pacers than good Celtics.

The Clippers are a scrappy team as well,  but you can easily see the dominance of the warriors show up at certain points. Celtics never show domains at any point in this series. There is no “switch” they are just a “good” team who is getting by. The next series will let us know how “good” they really are.

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2019, 05:49:05 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Bucks will give the answer, when it comes.