Author Topic: Arron Afflalo agrees to 2-year, $25M deal with Sacramento Kings  (Read 1223 times)

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
Arron Afflalo has agreed to a two-year, $25M deal with the Kings, league source tells @TheVertical.

Re: Arron Afflalo agrees to 2-year, $25M deal with Sacramento Kings
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 02:52:16 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Finally a deal for Sacramento that doesn't seem like a disaster.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 02:53:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Not really what they need but it's not a bad signing.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 02:54:03 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!

They need a better option at the 2 guard. I think McLemore's going to be traded.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 02:54:35 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1676
One of a select few financially-reasonable signings I've seen in the last few days.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 02:55:24 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Money wise (compared to what other players have gotten) it isn't a bad deal. I felt like they needed an upgrade at the SG position last year, and Afflalo might be the answer. Interesting to see if they will retain Rondo now.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 03:02:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

They need a better option at the 2 guard. I think McLemore's going to be traded.
I still like Mclemore

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 03:05:30 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Money wise (compared to what other players have gotten) it isn't a bad deal. I felt like they needed an upgrade at the SG position last year, and Afflalo might be the answer. Interesting to see if they will retain Rondo now.

Yes. I think Afflalo would be a great fit next to Rondo, better than anyone paired with him since Ray Allen. It would be good for both the Kings and Rondo to retain him at this point.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 03:15:18 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2407

I think Afflalo has declined so much that McLemore is the better player now.

Waste of money for Sacramento.

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 10:19:11 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • I Bleed Green

Yes. I think Afflalo would be a great fit next to Rondo, better than anyone paired with him since Ray Allen. It would be good for both the Kings and Rondo to retain him at this point.
Reportedly they won't resign Rondo.
At point guard, the Kings don’t intend to re-sign Rajon Rondo, according to league sources, leaving them with just Darren Collison and rookie Isaiah Cousins at the position.
16 hours ago – via Sacramento Bee
No wonder the Kings organization is a mess. I think Rondo will end up in Philly or Chicago now.

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2016, 10:26:54 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

At point guard, the Kings don’t intend to re-sign Rajon Rondo, according to league sources, leaving them with just Darren Collison and rookie Isaiah Cousins at the position.
No wonder the Kings organization is a mess. I think Rondo will end up in Philly or Chicago now.

Rumor has it that they're negotiating with Indy regarding a Rudy Gay-Monta Elis swap, after which Ellis would presumably switch back to the point.

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2649825-nba-rumors-analyzing-buzz-on-kevin-durant-rudy-gay-trade-and-more

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2016, 10:32:06 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • I Bleed Green

Rumor has it that they're negotiating with Indy regarding a Rudy Gay-Monta Elis swap, after which Ellis would presumably switch back to the point.

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2649825-nba-rumors-analyzing-buzz-on-kevin-durant-rudy-gay-trade-and-more
I feel bad for Cousins. He probably can't wait until his contract expires.