24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 147266 times)

Re: The Kyrie Irving complaint and free agency thread
« Reply #900 on: May 22, 2019, 10:43:28 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
I know this has probably been covered and I apologize if it has, but what order will things need to happen if the C's make a deal for AD?

Am I right that Kyrie needs to decline his option before anything can happen?

When is the player option deadline? Is it June 24?

Is it likely that any AD deal would happen before the draft?

Is there a chance that a deal might wait until Kyrie's decision is resolved?

« Reply #901 on: May 22, 2019, 10:47:54 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Reports are that Kyrie has to opt out by June 13th. Once he opts out, Davis can be traded for immediately. But if the salaries for the picks were going to be used in the trade for Davis, the trade won't be finished until 30 days after the picks sign in the summer, so when in June Kyrie would opt out wouldn't really matter, just so long as he does opt out, which he already said he would.

Re: Danny's Pitch to Kyrie
« Reply #902 on: May 22, 2019, 11:11:23 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Danny convincing Kyrie or Footey convincing a disillusioned, grumoy fan base?  ;)

Both!! TP!

« Reply #903 on: May 23, 2019, 10:14:07 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
could be on vacation....but pro Irving fans may not dig this

https://twitter.com/OTGSQUADX/status/1131277269194797057

« Reply #904 on: May 23, 2019, 10:20:13 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
A NBA player in the off season being spotted in LA. THE SCANDAL! The tea leaves and flight plan tracking phase has begun I see...

Gonna be a long month and a half.

« Reply #905 on: May 23, 2019, 10:27:04 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
A NBA player in the off season being spotted in LA. THE SCANDAL! The tea leaves and flight plan tracking phase has begun I see...

The SCANDAL. The HORROR. How DARE he?!?!
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #906 on: May 23, 2019, 10:27:18 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I'm dreading it a little bit
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #907 on: May 23, 2019, 10:27:38 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Reports are that Kyrie has to opt out by June 13th. Once he opts out, Davis can be traded for immediately. But if the salaries for the picks were going to be used in the trade for Davis, the trade won't be finished until 30 days after the picks sign in the summer, so when in June Kyrie would opt out wouldn't really matter, just so long as he does opt out, which he already said he would.
so it basically would have to work out as follows:
- Kyrie opts out to end the Rose rule provision preventing the AD trade.  Kyrie has an agreement with Danny to resign with the C's either because he wants to return or if it's contingent on an AD trade.
- Danny works out an AD trade with NO that may be announced but doesn't happen until the drafted players can be traded to have their salaries included in the deal.  The players on the team that are included in the deal would be given the heads-up they're going to NO.  hopefully Danny has an agreement with AD before the deal that he'll either resign with Boston or is at least very open to it. 
- Deal goes through for AD first day it can be completed.
- Al opts out and resigns for more years but less $ per year.
- Kyrie resigns with the C's first day he can ink the new deal.
- C's spend the summer chasing down FA's that can fill out the roster and contribute for next season.  C's potential line-up starting next season is Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/AD/Horford.  Probable bench before chasing FAs is Baynes, Semi, Wanamaker and probably a resigned Morris.  (I just can't see Rozier coming back under any circumstances)

« Reply #908 on: May 23, 2019, 10:57:22 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
so it basically would have to work out as follows:
- Kyrie opts out to end the Rose rule provision preventing the AD trade.  Kyrie has an agreement with Danny to resign with the C's either because he wants to return or if it's contingent on an AD trade.
- Danny works out an AD trade with NO that may be announced but doesn't happen until the drafted players can be traded to have their salaries included in the deal.  The players on the team that are included in the deal would be given the heads-up they're going to NO.  hopefully Danny has an agreement with AD before the deal that he'll either resign with Boston or is at least very open to it. 
- Deal goes through for AD first day it can be completed.
- Al opts out and resigns for more years but less $ per year.
- Kyrie resigns with the C's first day he can ink the new deal.
- C's spend the summer chasing down FA's that can fill out the roster and contribute for next season.  C's potential line-up starting next season is Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/AD/Horford.  Probable bench before chasing FAs is Baynes, Semi, Wanamaker and probably a resigned Morris.  (I just can't see Rozier coming back under any circumstances)

Your optimism is admirable.  But doubt it

Kyrie to me seems exactly like the kind of guy that looks forward to getting wined and dined via FA experience

Kyrie will probably not even give Danny a straight answer if he plans to resign or not, to keep his options open

This all comesback to Kyrie stating : I plan to resign if you want me vs Ask me on July 1st/I don't owe anybody s@#@

End of the day, I think Danny will go after AD (if he is adamant to want out), regardless if Irving plans to resign or not.  At any point if Griffin becomes too "greedy".... Danny hangs up the phone, unless can secure a long term commitment

« Reply #909 on: May 23, 2019, 11:00:19 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Keeping Kyrie and trading for Davis is the best chance for this franchise to win a title.

If he walks and AD is not coming, Boston will be extremely young for the foreseeable future.

Re: Was Kyrie intentionally missing shots?
« Reply #910 on: May 24, 2019, 10:28:37 AM »

Offline fingerlakes

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
I don't believe Irving was missing shots intentionally. However, the fact that we even have a thread about Kyrie missing shots intentionally speaks volumes about the melodrama Kyrie has created this year. Would this forum ever have a thread about Bird or even Pierce missing shots intentionally ? H%#L  NO.

This day and age....who knows...

Listened to Bob Ryan on Goodman's podcast and they both thought Kyrie played like he was hurt.  Scalabrine said many times he had no explanation for Kyrie's shooting.  Last i looked Bledsoe was no Gary Payton and their best defensive guard was out most of the series.  The Bucks guards are their weak link and Kyrie can score on anybody.  His shot is always near the center of the rim and his shot is near always on target.  The dude can shoot.  But watch those shots again.  That one air ball was two feet short. Lots of his shots were no where near the hole. Maybe the guy is ailing or maybe he just half ass'd his shots because he had cashed the 2019 season in.  That is just as bad as intentionally missing.  We beat this team last season  without the diva and you telling me the Brook Lopez addition and Brogdon subtraction makes this team so [dang] unbeatable.  I don't buy it.  Kyrie checked out at some point in this series.

One more time for the cheap seats in the back. The Bucks went from the 8th seed to 1st seed with the best overall record in the league. Giannis is likely the MVP. They're a much better team than they were last season. This year's Bucks team would probably wax last year's Celtics team.

People can hate Kyrie all they want, but give Milwaukee credit for what they've done.

Oh the invincible Bucks were just too much for Kyrie and the C's to handle.  Many here giving them all the credit for blowing our doors off and shutting down Kyrie.  New additions from last years team Mirotic, ilyasova, Connaughton were too much for us.  Please.  What have they done in this Raptor series. They were all on the waiver wire and Lopez has been kicked around the league just as much.  Those mighty Bucks just shut us down according to so many here.  Kyrie sabotaged our season with his half ass shot selection and many here just refuse to see it. 

« Reply #911 on: May 24, 2019, 10:38:21 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Uh the Bucks were the best team in the league this year and the Raptors were almost as good. This is despite Kawhi only playing in 60 games.

So its an upset that they are up 3-2 on the Bucks but not a huge one. Lets not freak out and say the Bucks are frauds and thus the C's are even worse than we thought. The Raptors are really really good too, so are the Bucks. This was a one possession game late, and another game went to double OT. These two teams seem evenly matched to me, Toronto just has had the better play in crunch time and the half court.

MIL/GSW/TOR were by far the best three teams this season, and the conference finals are showing us this pretty clearly.

But you seem to have your mind made up for full on inter Celtic fan warfare on your mind so you *shrug*.

« Reply #912 on: May 24, 2019, 11:01:52 AM »

Offline fingerlakes

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
Uh the Bucks were the best team in the league this year and the Raptors were almost as good. This is despite Kawhi only playing in 60 games.

So its an upset that they are up 3-2 on the Bucks but not a huge one. Lets not freak out and say the Bucks are frauds and thus the C's are even worse than we thought. The Raptors are really really good too, so are the Bucks. This was a one possession game late, and another game went to double OT. These two teams seem evenly matched to me, Toronto just has had the better play in crunch time and the half court.

MIL/GSW/TOR were by far the best three teams this season, and the conference finals are showing us this pretty clearly.

But you seem to have your mind made up for full on inter Celtic fan warfare on your mind so you *shrug*.

The Celtics are really really good as well my friend but the miserable little diva went 25 for 83 in the last 4 games. But "who cares" says he. This Celtic roster was loaded but it was always all about Kyrie.  He was checked out most of the series and his mind was elsewhere.  Not looking for fan warfare here but I wish there was a video of those 83 shots he took so we all could watch.  How can anyone defend this guy after that attitude and performance is beyond me.

« Reply #913 on: May 24, 2019, 11:05:50 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

The Celtics are really really good as well my friend but the miserable little diva went 25 for 83 in the last 4 games. But "who cares" says he. This Celtic roster was loaded but it was always all about Kyrie.  He was checked out most of the series and his mind was elsewhere.  Not looking for fan warfare here but I wish there was a video of those 83 shots he took so we all could watch.  How can anyone defend this guy after that attitude and performance is beyond me.

That quote was taken out of context, and was probably because Irving was upset at missing shots. A lot of players like Harden, LeBron, and Westbrook make passive aggressive statements... So why is Irving under a microscope?

The Celtics roster wasn't loaded. We thought it was, because of the last year success which was a farce.

It was one playoff series game.

Anyways, I realized this is the Kyrie Irving complaint thread, so I'll take my leave elsewhere.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #914 on: May 24, 2019, 11:56:44 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

That quote was taken out of context, and was probably because Irving was upset at missing shots. A lot of players like Harden, LeBron, and Westbrook make passive aggressive statements... So why is Irving under a microscope?

The Celtics roster wasn't loaded. We thought it was, because of the last year success which was a farce.

It was one playoff series game.

Anyways, I realized this is the Kyrie Irving complaint thread, so I'll take my leave elsewhere.

If Kyrie was under contract no one would care as much about his comments.  His impending FA has everything he says or does under scrutiny and everyone trying to read between the lines. 

The C's lost because they were not a team.  Wyc said it best.  There was a divide between talent and performance.  The C's had the most Talent outside of GSW but the Performance was just barely above Brooklyn.  This was due to CHEMISTRY and Ainge and Wyc thought talent would eventually figure out chemistry.  They thought this because of what Garnett, Pierce and Allen sacrificed to succeed.  The difference between these two teams is that the Vets were willing to sacrifice and the young guys versus Kyrie/Morris were not willing to give an inch.  It goes to show you chemistry is as important as talent and it's hard to build a team with young budding stars and current vet stars.