Author Topic: What's a Knicks trade offer for Davis that beats ours?  (Read 3779 times)

Re: What's a Knicks trade offer for Davis that beats ours?
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2019, 06:18:06 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 555
Don't think it will beat ours, but if they involve DSJ, Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson, the two first rounders they got from Dallas, and Zion Williamson (assuming they get him), that's a pretty intriguing offer.

Not sure who DSJ is, but if they end up with #1, possibly even #2, add that to Knox, Nitilinka and the two picks from Dallas and they're essentially forcing us to include Tatum in the offer. This could get expensive.

Mike
Dennis Smith Junior.  Tatum is going to be in the offer for AD or we won't get him. 

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2019, 06:24:19 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Don't think it will beat ours, but if they involve DSJ, Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson, the two first rounders they got from Dallas, and Zion Williamson (assuming they get him), that's a pretty intriguing offer.

Who's DSJ?

Dennis Smith, Jr.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2019, 06:27:11 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Not sure who DSJ is, but if they end up with #1, possibly even #2, add that to Knox, Nitilinka and the two picks from Dallas and they're essentially forcing us to include Tatum in the offer. This could get expensive.

Mike

Yeah, even if the Knicks get the #1 pick, I still feel we could make a better offer. However, now I am thinking we definitely will have to offer Tatum (which I'm fine doing) to get Davis. Nonetheless, I still think we can top the Knicks. Also, apparently the Knicks already called the Pels about Davis but they weren't interested in Porzingis. If they weren't interested in Porzingis, not sure why they'd be interested in anyone else on the Knicks roster

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2019, 06:33:24 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
With all do respect IMO some of you are way underselling Zion Williamson.

He is unequivocally the best available talent that New Orleans could come away with. Tatum is an incredible player at the NBA Level but there's no comparison what the two of them were able to accomplish at Duke. As I said in another post RJ Barrett might be as good or better than Tatum at the NBA level but Zion Williamson is arguably the best prospect since... Anthony Davis.

The NBA is a star driven league and while it's not hard to imagine a team of Jayson Tatum, Jaylen and the players they recoup off picks spinning their tires in a crowded Western Conference, Zion Williamson allows you to build for a clean slate future. They could be free to rebuild slowly for a year or two and when Zion is ready, make a real push with a new downhill style identity that might just fit better with Alvin Gentry than the AD era.

I don't know how interested NOP would be in Porzingis but he would definitely have value across the league to net the type of player that would be a better fit for NOP's roster construction and timeline.

Trust me I want AD as much as anyone in Boston but let's not discredit the Knicks offer if they come away with the number 1 pick. Never thought I'd say this but I'm actually starting to root for Cleveland to come away with Zion.
NO has randle which is a poor mans Zion

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2019, 06:56:03 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

He is unequivocally the best available talent that New Orleans could come away with. Tatum is an incredible player at the NBA Level but there's no comparison what the two of them were able to accomplish at Duke. As I said in another post RJ Barrett might be as good or better than Tatum at the NBA level but Zion Williamson is arguably the best prospect since... Anthony Davis.

The NBA is a star driven league and while it's not hard to imagine a team of Jayson Tatum, Jaylen and the players they recoup off picks spinning their tires in a crowded Western Conference, Zion Williamson allows you to build for a clean slate future. They could be free to rebuild slowly for a year or two and when Zion is ready, make a real push with a new downhill style identity that might just fit better with Alvin Gentry than the AD era.

I don't know how interested NOP would be in Porzingis but he would definitely have value across the league to net the type of player that would be a better fit for NOP's roster construction and timeline.

Trust me I want AD as much as anyone in Boston but let's not discredit the Knicks offer if they come away with the number 1 pick. Never thought I'd say this but I'm actually starting to root for Cleveland to come away with Zion.

Zion could just as easily be a bust as he can a stud. Tatum has already proven he's a stud.

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2019, 06:57:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

NO has randle which is a poor mans Zion
I hate this comparison. They're not alike
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)