Author Topic: Hayward for Griffin  (Read 2624 times)

Hayward for Griffin
« on: January 27, 2019, 12:02:43 PM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Boston sends out Hayward and a pick  even tho Detroit will save 1 year on a contract and a couple a million per year
Detroit sends out Griffin- will be the second scorer so sorely needed plus boards and interior presence

Re: Hayward for Griffin
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 12:06:13 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Boston sends out Hayward and a pick  even tho Detroit will save 1 year on a contract and a couple a million per year
Detroit sends out Griffin- will be the second scorer so sorely needed plus boards and interior presence

Plausible deal.

Right now that deal looks good for Boston because Hayward is not playing well.

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 12:06:51 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Are you billhondo from Reddit?  He was telling me about this trade idea last night.  Hayward and the kings pick for Blake.  I joked that we could then turn around and trade Jaylen, Morris, smart and the Memphis pick for Beal ... the all in “F it” trade.   Kyrie, beal, Tatum, Blake and horford.  That’s the type of move you make at the trade deadline after the lakers acquire Anthony Davis. 

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 12:13:37 PM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
I am not billhondo  i would do it before Davis deal. Davis is hurt a bunch where Blake seems to be over his hurt spell.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 12:15:28 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Having Blake Griffin allows Morris to be back with the 2nd unit with Brown and Rozier.
Celtic bench will be better.

Not sure if the Pistons want to do it though.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 12:15:54 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I am not billhondo  i would do it before Davis deal. Davis is hurt a bunch where Blake seems to be over his hurt spell.

Davis, however, is much better than Blake.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 12:23:25 PM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
could do griffin and jackson for horford, morris, rozier, and brown as well.  If swap baynes for brown need to add pick likely.  Have jackson expiring towards AD in off season.  Detroit gets a reset with brown and horford plus 2 expirings.  C's get upgrade on horford(IMHO) and rozier and more defined roles for all.  Smart, jackson irving split G minutes, Tatum and hayward take SF and take some small ball PF as well, and then have big rotation of griffin, baynes, theis, williams.  More defined roles and 2 upgrades IMHO.

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 12:25:12 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

Davis, however, is much better than Blake.
Yes but there is no guarantee that we'll get AD.  And if AD does become available and indicates he'd re-sign with us, Blake would be a big asset to use to get him while hopefully keeping Tatum. 

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 12:25:41 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yeah, I mean, of course, but just about any Player X for Hayward deal seems like a good idea right about now. Obviously not Hayward's fault and his injury was terrible, but we need a lot more out of his $30M+/yr than we are getting.

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 12:47:02 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Im reading too many articles about dissenting attitudes amoung several of the young players over Hayward getting too many mi utes and TOO little production.  Im afraid this is correct .   Putting myself in their shoes at their age , Im sure I would have felt the same . 

Maybe Gordon needs to go D League and get 5 on 5 contact time . 

Yes , i d trade Hayward for Griffin in a heart beat . 

Actually Griffin and Irving would be a good pair .  They would nver be double teamed .   Right now Hayward is no threat for anything much, he is Fultz . He is scard to shoot and make layups in the paint.  He belongs on the bench or D League to get his MIND RIGHT
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 01:20:01 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2019, 01:57:50 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I would do this in a heartbeat. Not sure why Detroit would want to do it though unless a total rebuild because Griffin is good and Hayward is awful (right now). Would we still be able to go after AD?

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2019, 02:03:40 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Detroit wouldn't do this. Besides, it sounds like the only deal Ainge wants to make right now would be for Anthony Davis and that's it. I just hope he's not putting too many eggs into one basket.

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2019, 02:29:01 PM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
Im reading too many articles about dissenting attitudes amoung several of the young players over Hayward getting too many mi utes and TOO little production.  Im afraid this is correct .   Putting myself in their shoes at their age , Im sure I would have felt the same . 

Actually Griffin and Irving would be a good pair .  They would nver be double teamed .   Right now Hayward is no threat for anything much, he is Fultz . He is scard to shoot and make layups in the paint.  He belongs on the bench or D League to get his MIND RIGHT

This is one of the best analyses I have read on this forum. It is sad but true but I hold out hope that Hayward can mentally recover as PG did

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2019, 02:33:58 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

Maybe the Celtics got their own Markelle Fultz now in Gordon Hayward. Crazy...

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2019, 03:19:18 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Nobody wants Hayward. Guy has a huge deal and is damaged goods. Unfortunately Boston is stuck with him. Only hope is he can get close to form next season and then maybe they can move him.