Author Topic: Report: Lakers to be aggressive in adding 2nd star before deadline  (Read 4105 times)

Re: Report: Lakers to be aggressive in adding 2nd star before deadline
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2019, 10:47:36 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Magic knows that LeBron James is the KEY to LA "FINALLY" tying BOS for the most banners.

He (and Pelinka) will do ANYTHING to add to that team in order to facilitate this.

LeBron James - ALSO - brings the Lakers a rather SHORT window - he is definitely on the downturn of his career and while still the BEST player in the game that window certainly isn't WIDE OPEN...

STOP HIM, Danny -

Heck if you have to WEAR your number 44 again STOP MAGIC and The Lakers from tying us...............

We hold the fort the the next couple of years we will do just that..

Don't give LeBron, Rajon and Magic the opportunity to stick us.

You mean Ainge should also make a move at the trade deadline?

Not necessarily.

But I trust Danny to pull the trigger if he must....when given the RIGHT opportunity.

He is a PROVEN GM.

Agree.

What I'm afraid of is Danny being too focused on Anthony Davis in the summer and he doesn't do anything to improve this team for this season.

I really believe the Celts can make it to the finals this season.
But the rebounding has to improve and the Celts should have more diversity on offense, can't rely solely on 3-pointers.

I truly don't think (IMO) that BOS needs to do ANYTHING to improve the team - at least THIS year.

I really believe we have ALL the tools to get to the Finals THIS year.

I believe we DO have diversity of offense. Just last postseason run I saw Big Al doing work in the post - against the likes of Joel Embiid AND Giannis...he defended them well, too. Baynes played a BIG part in this, too.

Marcus Smart has a VERY underrated post game. I saw him abuse JJ Redick repeatedly during the playoffs last year - in the POST. He was AMAZING.

Smart will NEVER be a Kevin Mchale but he definitely can use his size and strength to not only post opposing players up but ALSO DEFEND in the post against most players, too.

I believe this team has already turned the corner. Don't mean we won't have some bumps in the road but I believe we are poised for a STRONG finish - with what we have right now.

I am all for holding what we have. Danny will survey the landscape and make the necessary adjustments at the right time.

I believe that The Lakers are in a LOT more desperate place than WE are - with LESS assets.

But one thing you didn't mention, Rozier.

I think trading Rozier would open up minutes for Brown and Hayward.

As for the diversity on offense, Horford is really looking old this season.
There's very little lift on Horford's inside game now.
That's why he's struggling to score in the paint.

We'll know more in 2 weeks.

Remember, the Warriors are champs and they still wanted to improve their team.
That's why they took a risk on Cousins.

I believe it will be better to hold onto Rozier - at least until the end of the season in June - SIGN him and THEN look to trade him, if it comes to that.

He is one of my favorite Celtics but I believe that he (and Morris) have played so well in BOS that that may very well get too expensive for us to keep.

As for Big Al? He's not done. Once the post season starts we won't have back to backs....we'll have Baynes in tow...we'll see Big Al pick it up again.

Cousins? I love him but he has proven - unfortunately, at times -  to be a Marcus Smart tie-up from getting tossed and getting technicals.

He (and Baynes) won't hesitate to get physical with him and - most importantly- are NOT afraid of him and that can lead to getting him frustrated.

GSW - while a GREAT team - are NOT indestructible. If BOS meets them in June I believe we have more GRIT and TOUGHNESS than them and will prove it - starting TONIGHT.

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2019, 11:17:50 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Just for the record, despite the claim that he's having trouble scoring in the paint, Al Horford's Total Shooting% this year so far is a career-high and his FG% in the 0-3 ft and the 3-10 ft range are both above his career average and above his averages here the last 2 years.

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2019, 11:40:32 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Lonzo is only getting 1 FTA per game in 30 minutes.

1 FTA from 9.7 FGAs.

That is terrible.

That is before you look at the FT% shooting. 41.7%.

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2019, 11:52:52 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
It's already starting with Lebron. Making it known he wants a coaching change, and now pretty much adding more pressure on the FO to land another star ASAP. Hopefully AD stands pat at least through this deadline. If so, then we'll have our chance as well to land him over the summer. And I like Beal, but if they give up like two of Kuzma/Ingram/Ball for Beal I'd be fine with that. Idk if Kemba is truly getting moved but I imagine he'll have even more suitors (teams that could offer more too).

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2019, 01:14:14 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
I really hope Ainge can move Rozier on or before the trade deadline.

Moving Rozier would give Brown and Hayward more minutes and shot attempts.
So of you're a team looking to acquire Rozier, you'd get him, sign him to a qualifying offer and let him hit free agency so you're basically trading for the right to match any contract offer he gets.  Seems like a pretty limited market of suiters to me so what you going to give the Celtics for that right?  Ultimately he's going to cost you somewhere int the neighborhood $12-15 million a year for 3 years to keep.

Just don't think he has that much trade value right now.

A guy I'd like to see the Celtics make a move for is Robin Lopez. He'd be a more reliable short term option than anyone currently behind Baynes.

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2019, 01:19:02 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Back to the Lakers - they need to be real careful that LeBron doesn't turn them into Cleveland West.  I'm not sure who they can add who'd be a difference maker right now, but if they want to be impatient and make the wrong move, I'm all for it.  ;D

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2019, 03:10:38 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
Magic knows that LeBron James is the KEY to LA "FINALLY" tying BOS for the most banners.

Never happen because championships 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954,  were won in Minnesota, not LA.

Problem is only you and me don’t accept these 5 championships. We’ll have to convince the rest of the world.

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2019, 03:36:31 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Never happen because championships 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954,  were won in Minnesota, not LA.

Problem is only you and me don’t accept these 5 championships. We’ll have to convince the rest of the world.

I'm convinced!

One person at a time!
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2019, 03:38:31 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
LOL there was some small talk a few years ago about Laker fans wanting LA to "CLAIM" some championship WAAAAAYY back when they were the Detroit Gems.....

I guess this was before they were the Minny Lakers? I even remember David Stern addressing it.

He said NO, thankfully.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 03:48:52 PM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2019, 04:58:34 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Lonzo and Kuzma for Love.

Rondo/Ingram/James/Love/McGee

or

Lonzo and Kuzma for Beal

Rondo/Beal/Ingram/James/McGee

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2019, 05:00:38 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Celtics-Lakers Finals would be epic....

KEEP BEATING LA!

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2019, 05:04:28 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Lonzo and Kuzma for Love.

Rondo/Ingram/James/Love/McGee

or

Lonzo and Kuzma for Beal

Rondo/Beal/Ingram/James/McGee

LA would be foolish not to choose Beal.  But DC isn't trading Beal for Lonzo and Kuzma.

I doubt LeBron wants to carry Kevin Love again.

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2019, 06:46:10 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Back to the Lakers - they need to be real careful that LeBron doesn't turn them into Cleveland West.  I'm not sure who they can add who'd be a difference maker right now, but if they want to be impatient and make the wrong move, I'm all for it.  ;D

dumb move for them is to try and get alot better now. Most moves barely move the needle .  Beal helps the most , but he costs a fortune and will eat alot of assets they ll need to get star number 3 r AD

second problem.....lebrons buddies are all old and suck

Bron has played with alot of players , as teams were always bringing in more talent to add to him.   Alot of these players might not want a second helping of King Whine A -Lot .

players they add now might be the wrong fit for the star they sign this summer.  ....because it is unclear WHO they actually can get to sign on with the Whiner or who wants to be on his team even .

they aren't winning a title this year .  That leaves about two decent Bron years left .

i think they are banking on AD or Leonard ....really the two that could put them close to GS

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2019, 06:52:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
After the Suns game tomorrow, the Lakers have a tough stretch ahead in their following 8 games. They play the Clippers and also road games against Warriors, Celtics & Pacers to go along with 2 games (home/away) against PHI and a game against HOU. Theoretically if Lebron is out for like 4-5 more games (so a little more than a week), then they could actually find themselves out of the playoff picture especially if Utah, LAC rise a bit more.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2019, 07:12:34 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Does Nikola vucevic count as a second star?

Feels like that's probably the best they can do.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain