Author Topic: Report: Lakers to be aggressive in adding 2nd star before deadline  (Read 4098 times)

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Report: Lakers to be aggressive in adding 2nd star before deadline
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 09:18:30 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I don't see NO trading AD before this summer, and I don't see the Lakers giving up on their chance to land AD by trading for someone else at the trade deadline.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 09:25:21 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I really hope Ainge can move Rozier on or before the trade deadline.

Moving Rozier would give Brown and Hayward more minutes and shot attempts.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 09:29:11 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Magic knows that LeBron James is the KEY to LA "FINALLY" tying BOS for the most banners.

He (and Pelinka) will do ANYTHING to add to that team in order to facilitate this.

LeBron James - ALSO - brings the Lakers a rather SHORT window - he is definitely on the downturn of his career and while still the BEST player in the game that window certainly isn't WIDE OPEN...

STOP HIM, Danny -

Heck if you have to WEAR your number 44 again STOP MAGIC and The Lakers from tying us...............

We hold the fort the the next couple of years we will do just that..

Don't give LeBron, Rajon and Magic the opportunity to stick us.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 09:32:17 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Magic knows he don't have too long to build around LeBron...knows that he has maybe this year and next to do so.

Don't blow it, Magic.

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 09:33:10 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
Magic knows that LeBron James is the KEY to LA "FINALLY" tying BOS for the most banners.

He (and Pelinka) will do ANYTHING to add to that team in order to facilitate this.

LeBron James - ALSO - brings the Lakers a rather SHORT window - he is definitely on the downturn of his career and while still the BEST player in the game that window certainly isn't WIDE OPEN...

STOP HIM, Danny -

Heck if you have to WEAR your number 44 again STOP MAGIC and The Lakers from tying us...............

You mean Ainge should also make a move at the trade deadline?

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2019, 09:36:27 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

STOP HIM, Danny -

Not necessarily.

But I trust Danny to pull the trigger if he must....when given the RIGHT opportunity.

He is a PROVEN GM.

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 09:44:40 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
I really hope Ainge can move Rozier on or before the trade deadline.

Moving Rozier would give Brown and Hayward more minutes and shot attempts.
i can see we have entered non sequitur world.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2019, 09:53:08 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

STOP HIM, Danny -

Not necessarily.

But I trust Danny to pull the trigger if he must....when given the RIGHT opportunity.

He is a PROVEN GM.

Agree.

What I'm afraid of is Danny being too focused on Anthony Davis in the summer and he doesn't do anything to improve this team for this season.

I really believe the Celts can make it to the finals this season.
But the rebounding has to improve and the Celts should have more diversity on offense, can't rely solely on 3-pointers.

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2019, 09:57:54 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Not really sure there's anything Danny can do before the trading deadline to make us better unless we give up lots for Gasol or Conley. 

Did you guys see articles this morning about LeBUM wanting Walton fired?

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2019, 10:06:11 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Never happen because championships 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954,  were won in Minnesota, not LA.

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2019, 10:10:51 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Maybe Lebron can get his old buddy Kevin Love. I don't see much else out there for the Lakers unless they want to give up their shot at AD for Beal.

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2019, 10:11:41 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

STOP HIM, Danny -

Not necessarily.

He is a PROVEN GM.

Agree.

What I'm afraid of is Danny being too focused on Anthony Davis in the summer and he doesn't do anything to improve this team for this season.

But the rebounding has to improve and the Celts should have more diversity on offense, can't rely solely on 3-pointers.

I truly don't think (IMO) that BOS needs to do ANYTHING to improve the team - at least THIS year.

I really believe we have ALL the tools to get to the Finals THIS year.

I believe we DO have diversity of offense. Just last postseason run I saw Big Al doing work in the post - against the likes of Joel Embiid AND Giannis...he defended them well, too. Baynes played a BIG part in this, too.

Marcus Smart has a VERY underrated post game. I saw him abuse JJ Redick repeatedly during the playoffs last year - in the POST. He was AMAZING.

Smart will NEVER be a Kevin Mchale but he definitely can use his size and strength to not only post opposing players up but ALSO DEFEND in the post against most players, too.

I believe this team has already turned the corner. Don't mean we won't have some bumps in the road but I believe we are poised for a STRONG finish - with what we have right now.

I am all for holding what we have. Danny will survey the landscape and make the necessary adjustments at the right time.

I believe that The Lakers are in a LOT more desperate place than WE are - with LESS assets.

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2019, 10:14:59 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

Never happen because championships 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954,  were won in Minnesota, not LA.

Lakers are claiming that those won in Minnesota are theirs.

That's why the Laker PA announcer will say "16-time NBA champion Lakers".

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2019, 10:19:05 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

STOP HIM, Danny -

Not necessarily.

He is a PROVEN GM.

Agree.

I truly don't think (IMO) that BOS needs to do ANYTHING to improve the team - at least THIS year.

I really believe we have ALL the tools to get to the Finals THIS year.

I believe we DO have diversity of offense. Just last postseason run I saw Big Al doing work in the post - against the likes of Joel Embiid AND Giannis...he defended them well, too. Baynes played a BIG part in this, too.

Marcus Smart has a VERY underrated post game. I saw him abuse JJ Redick repeatedly during the playoffs last year - in the POST. He was AMAZING.

Smart will NEVER be a Kevin Mchale but he definitely can use his size and strength to not only post opposing players up but ALSO DEFEND in the post against most players, too.

I believe this team has already turned the corner. Don't mean we won't have some bumps in the road but I believe we are poised for a STRONG finish - with what we have right now.

I am all for holding what we have. Danny will survey the landscape and make the necessary adjustments at the right time.

I believe that The Lakers are in a LOT more desperate place than WE are - with LESS assets.

But one thing you didn't mention, Rozier.

I think trading Rozier would open up minutes for Brown and Hayward.

As for the diversity on offense, Horford is really looking old this season.
There's very little lift on Horford's inside game now.
That's why he's struggling to score in the paint.

We'll know more in 2 weeks.

Remember, the Warriors are champs and they still wanted to improve their team.
That's why they took a risk on Cousins.