Author Topic: Roziers realistic trade value  (Read 13272 times)

Re: Roziers realistic trade value
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2018, 09:56:24 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Suns waived Canaan and are going with Booker at PG.

« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2018, 10:11:26 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
At this point, why trade him? You are not going to get anything of value back. It more likely he turns things around and becomes a solid contributor than it is finding anyone via trade that could help this team as much as Rozier. He has unfortunately played his way into being so bad, he is now worth more to us than anyone will give you in return for him.

I believe Dallas would give up JJ Barea for him. Great back-up PG.
Barrea is a Dallas guy. They love him down there. You'll never get Barea for Rozier. That would be like trading Smart for Kyle Korver.
Except Rozier is better than Barea so it isn't anywhere near the same thing.  That said, I don't think Dallas would re-sign Rozier as they have Smith locked in at PG, so I don't see why they would want to acquire him.

I still like my Sacto trade, Giles and Mason for Morris and Rozier.  Gets Boston out of the tax, with a chance Giles can stay healthy and a nice solid young back-up PG that fits better.
Why would the Kings want Rozier when they have Fox?  Why would we do anything to help the Kings when we have their pick? 

« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2018, 10:40:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
At this point, why trade him? You are not going to get anything of value back. It more likely he turns things around and becomes a solid contributor than it is finding anyone via trade that could help this team as much as Rozier. He has unfortunately played his way into being so bad, he is now worth more to us than anyone will give you in return for him.

Barrea is a Dallas guy. They love him down there. You'll never get Barea for Rozier. That would be like trading Smart for Kyle Korver.
Except Rozier is better than Barea so it isn't anywhere near the same thing.  That said, I don't think Dallas would re-sign Rozier as they have Smith locked in at PG, so I don't see why they would want to acquire him.

I still like my Sacto trade, Giles and Mason for Morris and Rozier.  Gets Boston out of the tax, with a chance Giles can stay healthy and a nice solid young back-up PG that fits better.
Why would the Kings want Rozier when they have Fox?  Why would we do anything to help the Kings when we have their pick?
And.....given the Mavs game, is there any doubt who the better player is this year, Barea or Rozier? We won't have Rozier on the team this year so having Barea coming off the bench rather than Rozier would be huge.

« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2018, 10:43:07 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
How about Fultz?

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2018, 10:20:35 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Sure the Suns have stuck Booker at PG but that's only because their talent there is terrible.

If they traded for Rozier they could kick Booker back to his natural SG position.

Phoenix can offer a high 1st round pick with protections that gradually decrease.

I feel this trade would be a fit for Boston.  But does DA want to risk Marcus Smart being the primary PG if Kyrie goes down?

« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2018, 10:27:36 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Sure the Suns have stuck Booker at PG but that's only because their talent there is terrible.

If they traded for Rozier they could kick Booker back to his natural SG position.

Phoenix can offer a high 1st round pick with protections that gradually decrease.

I feel this trade would be a fit for Boston.  But does DA want to risk Marcus Smart being the primary PG if Kyrie goes down?
Problem is, the Suns have zero incentive to push for the playoffs this season. Assuming they like Rozier, they can always wait till next summer and sign him via free agency. As things stand right now, it seems certain that the C's aren't gonna match offers for Rozier.

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2018, 02:08:52 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
How about Fultz?

I don't want anything to do with that situation but it would be beyond hilarious if the Celtics acquired Fultz and somehow rehabilitated him to where he can be, like, Evan Turner 2.0.

It's not going to happen but it's a funny to think about.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2018, 02:11:37 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
How about Fultz?

That'd be a nice return but it's hard to imagine the Sixers jumping the gun just yet.  Despite next year's salary bump, his potential is so high, they'll have the cap space, and it's still early in the season. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2018, 03:21:19 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

It isn't about helping the Kings, it is about improving the long term potential and championship odds of the Celtics.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2018, 03:36:15 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

It isn't about helping the Kings, it is about improving the long term potential and championship odds of the Celtics.

It's not a bad trade. I like it. However, what this team needs is veterans, not young guys trying to carve their niche in the league. I think the Cs still think they can compete for a title this year. It's pretty tough to give up two guys who both have a more proven track record in the league for two guys that have serious question marks (although I like both players).

I'd rather try to get an older guy like Teodosic, Isaiah Thomas, Trey Burke, or Ish Smith. Guys who know how to play their role and aren't trying to make a name for themselves.

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2018, 04:28:49 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

It's not a bad trade. I like it. However, what this team needs is veterans, not young guys trying to carve their niche in the league. I think the Cs still think they can compete for a title this year. It's pretty tough to give up two guys who both have a more proven track record in the league for two guys that have serious question marks (although I like both players).

I'd rather try to get an older guy like Teodosic, Isaiah Thomas, Trey Burke, or Ish Smith. Guys who know how to play their role and aren't trying to make a name for themselves.
I think you could still do that.  Heck the Suns just cut Canaan.  Who obviously isn't that level of player, but has a pretty proven track record and did start 15 games for the Suns this year.  There are always players like that that become available or can be acquired for cash and/or a highly protected 2nd rounder.  And I don't think Boston should give up on the season, but I do think it makes far more sense to plan for the future and get under the tax this year.  Boston is so close to the tax line, it really does need to get under it. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2018, 09:48:37 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Interesting trade ideas. They keep talking about what a great defender Terry Rozier is, which made me wonder if they've ever watched a game...

https://hardwoodhoudini.com/2018/12/04/boston-celtics-rumors-3-trade-destinations-terry-rozier/

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2018, 09:57:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Interesting trade ideas. They keep talking about what a great defender Terry Rozier is, which made me wonder if they've ever watched a game...

https://hardwoodhoudini.com/2018/12/04/boston-celtics-rumors-3-trade-destinations-terry-rozier/

fools gold

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2018, 09:58:21 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

fools gold

Hopefully, some fool offers The Celtics gold....

« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2018, 10:25:35 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

I kind of like the second trade (Rozier to the Bulls for Justin Holiday + protected first). Wouldn't do the other 2 trades.

My preferred target if we were to trade Rozier would be Mikal Bridges. It's a longshot, but stranger things have happened.

I reckon Rozier is a good on-ball defender. He's not that good when it comes to team defense though.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 10:35:54 PM by Jvalin »