Author Topic: As far as kg and pierce can carry us  (Read 1699 times)

As far as kg and pierce can carry us
« on: January 23, 2013, 08:48:23 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Watching the game last night I was struck by how old and slow both pierce and kg look.
They still have the competitive fire but wow, not much left in the legs.
Even if we claw our way back into contention I can't see them being able to carry us through multiple seven game series.
I have little interest in trading them but I'm beginning to hope they both decide to hang it up after the season.

Re: As far as kg and pierce can carry us
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:01:29 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I agree that they've both looked fairly old lately.  My hope rests on the fact that we've seen them both play all-star caliber basketball for stretches as recently as this season.  I've got to believe that there's still a little more left in the tank for both those guys. 

Some day it's going to come to an end for them, but I'm not entirely convinced that the day has come just yet. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 09:16:25 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I'm fine with kg and a lot could do with his limited minutes.  Paul started off slow for us and while his offense hasn't missed much at all (until lately) his defense has been subpar for a guy who is usually a very good team defender and a good man on defender.  Not sure if taking a break is all that is needed?  Of course if he was to take a game or 2 off that means backup sf is Lee?

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 09:22:57 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
At one point last night pierce went down and I found myself hopping he'd suffered an ankle sprain.
Something that would keep him sidelined for 3-4 weeks. That's about the only way he will be fresh for the post season.  (Not that I wish injury on anyone or that I believe we could even reach the playoffs with pp on the sideline for long.)

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 09:25:19 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Before the lockout this is always around the time we hit a lull...

It's the dog days of the season. The All-Star Break can't get here soon enough.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 10:29:48 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
KG and PP can still look like their former selfs for brief moments during a games , sometimes even a whole 1/4 . 

They are in their waning days as starters.  Old age and legs have caught up with them , even if their minds still are the stuff of champions.

Rondo just can't score 40 points himself everynight and carry the team.  He can create points with assists , IF he has the team mates (stars) to make plays to.

Jet and Bass don't have it ,  not gonna win with those guys play n off ROndo.

The Celtics need high caliber players (like Kobe,Cousins,Howard, Gasol) to go with Rondo, IF Rondo is perform as expected. 

Right now..Rondo is the engine without ..a train.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 11:55:39 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yes, this team will go as far as KG and Pierce can carry us.

That's kind of the problem, isn't it?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 11:57:07 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Solution is play Pierce less..

They're still as good as borderline AllStars at their worst.

Green can come up bigger with 30 minutes, 20 at SF.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 12:06:25 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146

Our offense stinks most of the time.  So, I'd suggest we try to play some defense instead.  We are not going to outscore anyone.

As for PP and KG.  I think we unecessarly rely on their offense too much.  I'd would like to see some posetions where they don't get touches.   Rondo really has to get other players more involved.

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 12:10:00 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
I'm fine with kg and a lot could do with his limited minutes.  Paul started off slow for us and while his offense hasn't missed much at all (until lately) his defense has been subpar for a guy who is usually a very good team defender and a good man on defender.  Not sure if taking a break is all that is needed?  Of course if he was to take a game or 2 off that means backup sf is Lee?

why is everyone ok with such mediocrity from kg on every level? as mind blowing as him making the all star game...he has no regard or care for these early season games like he use to...sorry folks he's among the biggest problems

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 12:44:52 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Lets put them on the thirty day DL list and start Sullenger and Jeff Green. Then trade Rondo to Phoenix for Jared Dudley and Marcin Gortat.

Bradley / Jason Terry / Dudley / Green / Gortat starters

Sullenger, Barbosa, Wilcox, Melo, Bass, Bench
The beatings will continue until morale improves