Author Topic: Let's be realistic  (Read 1771 times)

Re: Let's be realistic
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 10:15:46 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Well said on most parts.

Kyrie: How quickly people forget if we were within 5 points with 5 minutes left, we were going to win because he made everything and our defense stopped the rest. He is the best closer in the game.

Rozier:  Is trading Rozier for a mid 1st rounder worth losing depth for a title run?

Horford: Is Al Horford going to get "old" any time soon when he is the prototypical "play til 40" type player (low athleticism requirement, smart, can shoot).

Smart: I think this is where I get off the bus. I think he's going to get a 15 mil deal somewhere (4 yrs 60 mil). He's a fantastic guard in the right situation. Losing Marcus Smart will be a huge blow. You won't know how big until you see it. Him and Kyrie play so well together to close out games.

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 10:18:30 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
So I'm guessing you're a glass is half empty kind of guy.  ;D

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2018, 10:25:04 AM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I think some people just always want some kind of fireworks going off, the team just staying the same is boring to them.

I personally just want us to stay as-is. About as far as I'd go with this team is Rozier+draft pick(s) to move up far enough to get a top big from this draft, but that's it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 10:52:35 AM by CF033 »

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2018, 10:35:02 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Wow. So as far as I can tell, this summer we have learned that:

(1) We should seriously consider trading Jaylen Brown for an unproven rookie in the 2018 draft;
(2) Marcus Smart will get $14-16 million per year on the open market and we will lose him for nothing;
(3) Danny's going to move Kyrie Irving, who is a massive injury risk, because in 2017 Kyrie said he might consider the Knicks as a destination, and we need to get anything now rather than risk losing him for nothing;
(4) We have to move Terry Rozier for a mid-1st round pick because otherwise we will lose him for nothing at some point in the future;
(5) We have an imminent "gaping hole" up front because Al Horford is 32 and will soon fall off the proverbial cliff;
(6) Gordon Hayward had to travel to Indianapolis to "re-learn how to walk," and there's no guarantee he ever comes back as an NBA starter;
(7) Our team morale is in an utter shambles because we had key players who were injured and rehabbing rather than sitting on the bench during playoff games;

Am I the only one who thinks our best asset is probably our own 2019 pick? I mean, it could be top 5.

Yeah well it was on the internet so it must be true

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2018, 11:10:43 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Keeping it real...ok.

To some, the glass is half full...wow, look at what we accomplished this year...and just think of what we WILL accomplish next year with a fully healthy Hayward and Irving!!

...I tend to seek out people like that.  They usually don't steal my bacon off the plate when I go back up to the buffet to get the biscuit I forgot! :)

To others, the glass is half empty...uh, that would definitely include all the things you wrote, plus some others like Danny blew it on the Greek Freak and James Young, Coach should have played (fill in the blank) more than he did, Yabu and a 2nd round pick should get us Leonard (ok, that last one may be more of a "what the heck is he drinking?" instead).

...bacon stealers, one and all!

To summarize, half full guys...enjoy your bacon.
Half empty guys...never take your eyes off your bacon!

:)

There are literally people here that would have preferred a 4 game sweep to taking the Cavs to 7 games for some reason (I honestly cannot wrap my head around that sort of reasoning)

Some people aren't happy unless they're miserable.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 11:54:03 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Most of these are BS and some are total BS.

I am concerned by Al's performance 3-5 years out when we'd re-sign him heading into what is usually a period of decline. This is a good year for bigs and we have Rozier and picks we could use to move up and not touch the starting core. Bigs take longer to develop and in 4-5 years Al will almost certainly be fading while the rest of team is in its prime.

Other than that, we're the envy of the league. The other contenders, GS, CLE, and HOU, are 3 of the 4 oldest teams in the league. We're the fifth youngest and if we were reasonably healthy we'd be in the Finals right now and not Cleveland. The only other teams who are young and good are POR which has cap issues and got swept by NO, TOR whose two best players are 29 and 32 going into 2018-19, and PHI, who has a slew of issues to overcome to compete with us.

We're in great shape and, barring injuries, we're going to win #18 soon.

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2018, 12:31:45 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Blow it up! Trust the process! We got lucky!

soooooooooooo  we're signing EMBIID? lol
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2018, 01:00:51 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Blow it up! Trust the process! We got lucky!

soooooooooooo  we're signing EMBIID? lol

We are getting him when Philly cuts him to make room for more draft picks! ;)