Author Topic: Celtics games on Central America?  (Read 5489 times)

Celtics games on Central America?
« on: December 19, 2008, 06:29:06 PM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Hello. In a couple of weeks I'll be heading to Guatemala to visit my girlfriend who is a Peace Corp volunteer there.  I will be staying their for two weeks and will be missing Celtics games.  I was wondering, are there TV channels that play Celtics or NBA games so I know at least what's going on?  I have no problem missing games, but if the Celtics are during the middle of their winning streak still then I am going to be nervous.  I have a DVR but I might be a fanatic if I record two week's worth of games and watch them at once.  So if anyone knows how I could watch games there please let me know.  Thanks a lot and happy holidays.
Baby Jesus!

Re: Celtics games on Central America?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 06:35:42 PM »

Offline Shots

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
I don't know if the NBA provides International League Pass to Guatemala, but that would be my best guess. If you've got NBA League Pass (the American version), I'm sure you can watch the games online via the Broadband feature. But I think that requires a decent internet connection.

Hope it helps a bit :)

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 06:40:14 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Hello. In a couple of weeks I'll be heading to Guatemala to visit my girlfriend who is a Peace Corp volunteer there.  I will be staying their for two weeks and will be missing Celtics games.  I was wondering, are there TV channels that play Celtics or NBA games so I know at least what's going on?  I have no problem missing games, but if the Celtics are during the middle of their winning streak still then I am going to be nervous.  I have a DVR but I might be a fanatic if I record two week's worth of games and watch them at once.  So if anyone knows how I could watch games there please let me know.  Thanks a lot and happy holidays.

Shots is right
other than that in sports bar u can get NBAtv too
ESPN and TNT games
Ure not getting comcast nor league pass only if u have direct tv or u travel with your decodifier...lol
most of sport bars dont pay league pass.
And specially in Guatemala they dont care that much about Basketball.
U certanly are going to know whats going on via ESPN
all hotels and most cable carry it
P.S. U will love guatemala
city is beautifull and Antigua Guatemala is perfect

Enjoy

I will probablyu head Guate next week to close a couple of busineess but maybe only monday and tuesday

bye

P.S. in neighbor country El Salvador, U can get league pass, only on edgars house...jijiji
Dont ask me how..I cant tell
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 06:49:18 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Slingbox?
http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingbox

Not sure how costly this would be, especially if you only want it for a couple of weeks. Although even if it costs a lot, it still may be worth purchasing because it's only a one-time fee.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 07:33:51 PM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell

Shots is right
ESPN and TNT games
Ure not getting comcast nor league pass only if u have direct tv or u travel with your decodifier...lol

Enjoy

I will probablyu head Guate next week to close a couple of busineess but maybe only monday and tuesday

bye

P.S. in neighbor country El Salvador, U can get league pass, only on edgars house...jijiji

I was asking this question thinking that you would be able to provide some great information about this matter.  I am pretty pumped about this trip.  I am from Brazil and speak very good Portunhol, a mix of portuguese and spanish.  We'll be going to Guatemala City, Antigua, her site which is south of Antigua, and visit through volcanoes, lost city, a big lake and hopefully interact with monkeys.  Thanks a lot guys.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 07:37:14 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

Shots is right
ESPN and TNT games

Enjoy

bye

I was asking this question thinking that you would be able to provide some great information about this matter.  I am pretty pumped about this trip.  I am from Brazil and speak very good Portunhol, a mix of portuguese and spanish.  We'll be going to Guatemala City, Antigua, her site which is south of Antigua, and visit through volcanoes, lost city, a big lake and hopefully interact with monkeys.  Thanks a lot guys.
Did the help help?
i hope so
If not just tell me what else u want to know

There are LOTS of internets caffe too
seems like u will have a VERY fun trip

Nice to be back!

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 01:35:46 AM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
Sorry to bump this thread, but I was wondering something.  It looks like the Cleveland vs Celtics game is gonna be on ESPN.  Would that mean that it'll be on ESPN international?  I am not sure what the plan for that day is, but I would definitely rent a hotel room so I can have ESPN for a day if it'll be on TV.  I think that would be a nice compromise with the lady since I'd have the room for the whole night.  Oh I really hope so!

Also, bars have ESPN?  You guys know a good bar in Antigua that would have a chance of having the game?  Are the people there obsessed about other sports like in Brazil or do they not care, meaning higher probability of me having the freedom to watch the game without interfering anybody else's viewing pleasures.  Muchas gracias!
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 08:59:27 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Sorry to bump this thread, but I was wondering something.  It looks like the Cleveland vs Celtics game is gonna be on ESPN.  Would that mean that it'll be on ESPN international?  I am not sure what the plan for that day is, but I would definitely rent a hotel room so I can have ESPN for a day if it'll be on TV.  I think that would be a nice compromise with the lady http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=24389.msg396032;topicseen#newsince I'd have the room for the whole night.  Oh I really hope so!

Also, bars have ESPN?  You guys know a good bar in Antigua that would have a chance of having the game?  Are the people there obsessed about other sports like in Brazil or do they not care, meaning higher probability of me having the freedom to watch the game without interfering anybody else's viewing pleasures.  Muchas gracias!

I think MonoLoco have the best cable in antigua
and yes probably a game this big will be on ESPN latin america too.
I dont remember the day but most likely fridays games and tuesdays and wenesdays are watchable on ESPN latin america.

Good luck i will keep track of this one and keep u informed here
but try to make a reserve in monoloco its always full, not because of the game...just because. Not that big places, and yes most likely people will like it too if its a bkb game and theres no soccer game at the same time

Theres a beautifull flat screen tv just next to the bar in the right i think thats the best one to watch games there, unless u get the table in the entrance, sofa style and monopolize the tv over it.

Nice to be back!