Poll

BOS 89 CLE 73: (make up to 6 choices max 3 per player - read below for help & try to post your picks & reasoning)

Rondo (7 pts 7-7 ft 5 reb 6 ast)
Rondo
Rondo
R. Allen (16 pts)
R. Allen
R. Allen
Pierce (19 pts 6 reb)
Pierce
Pierce
Garnett (13 pts 12 reb 4 ast)
Garnett
Garnett
Perkins (4 reb)
Perkins
Perkins
Powe (11 pts 7 reb)
Powe
Powe
Cassell (9 pts 3 ast)
Cassell
Cassell
Posey (7 pts 6 reb 3 stl)
Posey
Posey

Author Topic: Celts/Cavs Game 2 MVP Poll  (Read 4293 times)

Celts/Cavs Game 2 MVP Poll
« on: May 08, 2008, 10:46:13 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'm so giddy about tonight's game, I decided to break out an MVP Poll ;D.  The template from the old polls is gone, so I'm not going to go into any great description of how this works.  If youknow the drill go to it.  If not, just wing it.

Truly a classic performance by the C's tonight.  They came out a bit cold and fell victim to a dazzling display of shooting by Ilgauskas to fall behind by 12.  Enter Sam, Posey, Powe, and, yes PJ Brown, and the Celtics put ina defensive display the likes of which you may seldom see.  Absolute shut down D, and some huge shooting by Sam, brought the C's back and totally put Lebron and the Cavs into a state of disarray.  Everyone pitched in after that, but you've got to hand it to the bench in the 2nd quarter.  Posey has an amazing effect on this team.  His defensive energy raises this team up when they need it most.  The same can be said for Sam on the offensive end in the first two games of this series.

What I loved the most was the relentlessness in the 3rd.  Ray got it going, and Rondo forced the issue taking it to the hoop.  No spectacular offensive performances, but a fantastic team win and a huge win for the C's....NOW LET's DO IT ON THE ROAD!

The main reason I ran this poll tonight, was because it was such a great team performance.  I'm interested to see who picks who for this one.

For me, I'm pickin': Posey 2, Powe 1, Pierce 1, Cassell 1, KG 1.  I wimped out of a big commitment here, but I'm going with Posey ahead of everyone else.
Yup

Re: Celts/Cavs Game 2 MVP Poll
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 10:51:01 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
I agree with you Redz,Posey is my pick tonight also.Posey nearly singlehandedly slowed Lebron game up,and Garnett played a very good all around game tonight.He scored a little,dished a little,stop a little,just did enough of the little things   to add up to a lot.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 10:59:03 PM by jay_jay54 »

Re: Celts/Cavs Game 2 MVP Poll
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 11:04:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
3 Cassell
2 Posey
1 Ray Allen

Ray Allen was huge in the fourth quarter and was the primary reason the Celtics built up that 20 points lead from 8 at halftime. He was either killing them with his scoring or his passing.

Sammy was simply brilliant. He was schooling the opposing point guards. Hitting big shots when we needed it. Finding our scorers in great positions. He just had the game on a string tonight.

Posey was huge. He along with Sam set the tone tonight, they came in and turned this game around when the starters were firing blanks.