Author Topic: First Round Game 6 Boston Celtics at Atlanta Hawks 5/2/08 8:00 PM (ESPN, CSN)  (Read 88834 times)

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
Why wasn't House in the lineup for the last possession?  Instead we have Rondo taking a 3ptr..... What I've noticed is that Rondo needs to understand he isn't the superstar who should be taking the last shot of the game, that is Garnett,Ray, and Pierce's job. 

Ray's last shot, I can live with cause it was an open shot..... I've always believed on the road, you go for the win, at home, you go for the tie....

Dumb technical for Pierce tonight.... when will he ever learn..... sometimes it looks like he grows up but then he has a brain fart.....

BTW, Doc is gone if we don't win game 7.....

The scary thing is, the Hawks are bound to have a good game at the Garden eventually, especially since they haven't all season so they are due and it looks like it might be this Sunday.

I thought the Celtics were bound to win one in Atlanta but it did not happen so I don't think that Atlanta will all of a sudden win at the Garden based on that.

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9

I wonder how all of these other top seeds are managing to win by huge margins on the road during the playoffs?  It is amazing that Cleveland beat Washington tonight by 17 in Washington.  Even more amazing how the Lakers blew the doors off Denver in Denver.  And how about how Detroit beat Philadelphia by like a million in game 6 in Philly.  I know, Atlanta is better than all of those teams that are getting blown out at home. ::)  Please, people, quit making apologies for three awful performances.

TP for you, vinnie.

Additionally, I think it`s sad to see some fans rather attack other fans than to adress the real problems on the court, Doc and the players and their crappy performance.

its not that we don't see problems on the court, they are glaring, but the problem is with many boston sports fans, they give up on their teams too easily - when things get bad, they say we suck, and to be honest, we don't - best team in the league in the regular season, can easily bounce back from this, learn from mistakes and move on - its not that problems don't need to be corrected on the court, they do - its that the fanbase is pathetic for turning rabid so fast, the series is tied, we're not down 3-2, and we're coming home, there's opportunity for optomism

I just hope the fans at the garden on Sunday don't react like fair weather fans if the C's get behind on Sunday. The Hawk fans were great for their team tonight.

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Let's go get the [dang] Hawks on Sunday and get on with the playoffs ......

...... You know, wherever they might be this weekend, and not that they want the Celts to lose, but I figure the real Big 3 are smiling at all this with a little amusement.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Let's go get the [dang] Hawks on Sunday and get on with the playoffs ......

...... You know, wherever they might be this weekend, and not that they want the Celts to lose, but I figure the real Big 3 are smiling at all this with a little amusement.

The Big Three actually went through this same thing quite a bit.  There's the thread here about how similar to the 84 series with the Knicks this is.  They also had plenty series tied 2-2 against inferior teams that they ended up winning, Bob Ryan had an article about that earlier in the week.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Some really good stuff here haha

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
trash D again thanks dummy joe.

a high school coach could coach this team no worse,

MAKE TRAE DRIVE WHEN YOU HAVE TL to HELP AT THE RIM

YOU KEEP DROPPING OFF AND HE IS SINKING DAGGERS INTO U JOE BLOW HEAD COACH WAKE UP CLOWN
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
ole joe TYRONN LUE JUNIOR
LET'S GO CELTICS!