Author Topic: Kobe’s Analysis On Kyrie’s game (DETAIL)  (Read 1748 times)

Kobe’s Analysis On Kyrie’s game (DETAIL)
« on: May 12, 2019, 02:46:28 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
I just saw it now so don’t crucify me if this has been discussed before but Kobe did a film analysis on one of Kyrie’s games. Granted, it was a game during the Indy series but even then, I think a lot of these issues showed up in the Bucks series. The difference is that the Bucks took advantage of it and they had a better offense than Indiana.

IMO, Tatum gets a little put on blast here too (he seems to be involved in a handful of the negative plays), which sort of echoes the regression that a lot of us could see/feel from watching games but maybe couldn’t pinpoint as to what it was exactly.

Anyway, some stuff I thought were noteworthy:
1. We don’t get enough off ball movement or cuts once the pass has been made, which results in getting a bunch of iso’s and tough shots instead
2. We don’t dive enough to the rim
3. Once Kyrie goes in his bag, everybody tends to stand around
4. Kyrie needs to trust his teammates more

Link: https://youtu.be/YlvWAkBykIA
- LilRip

Re: Kobe’s Analysis On Kyrie’s game (DETAIL)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 06:33:44 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
1. We don’t get enough off ball movement or cuts once the pass has been made, which results in getting a bunch of iso’s and tough shots instead

Kobe must have thought he was talking about himself on this analysis

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 08:46:42 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Kobe must have thought he was talking about himself on this analysis

Well I think that it is interesting because Kobe dealt with the same things. The push-pull between scoring and facilitating. How to balance being one of the league's best scorers and trying to maintain team offense.

He didn't always get it right but it was something he had to deal with throughout his career. And he had coaches (especially Phil Jackson) who harped on him over and over to try and improve that balance and keep team offense in mind. Not just individual scoring.

Same thing a lot of prolific scorers go through.

Kyrie is still struggling with it and he has it harder than Kobe and many others because he is not just the team's main scorer but he is also the team's PG so he has more responsibilities in terms of team offense than wings like Kobe or scoring big men like Shaq had.

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 12:21:24 AM »

Offline slokat

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 2
I'm looking at the Nets' current roster and thinking Kyrie's going to have even more trouble trusting his teammates next season.

Jeff Nadrich
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 07:56:50 PM by slokat »

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 07:24:36 AM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1761
I don't care what Kobe thinks and I'm definitely over Kyrie!
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain