Author Topic: Will be really dissapointing to see Danny do nothing here at the deadline  (Read 7337 times)

Re: Will be really dissapointing to see Danny do nothing here at the deadline
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 01:19:13 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Just a little annoying to see us linked to every major trade target the days leading up to the deadline to see us linked to nobody on the day of the deadline that's all
That's mostly just media click-bait.  Celtics have rabid fans... good way to get clicks is to mention them in every trade rumor.  Plus, it's just logical that Boston would be interested in every good player that becomes available, because Danny has lots of draft picks and that's obviously part of his strategy.  But most of the deals being mentioned make no sense for us.  We're talking about guys who are free agents this summer.  Why would we give up a lot of assets for Dragic (who can flee) when we just dumped Rondo fearing he'd flee? 

Sure, Ainge will pick up a good player if he can have him for pittance, but giving up major assets right now doesn't make much sense.  This offseason we can just try to sign most of these guys being mentioned.

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 01:20:17 PM »

Offline willyd24

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Why does everyone seem to think that I anticipated some splashy move? The example I brought up was Mo Harkless for a couple of seconds. In my opinion this move would get us more value than the second rounders we would be giving up, after all that's Ainge's goal, to acquire assets. The kid is 21 and might flourish if he is given more minutes which we would able to provide especially if we end up buying out Prince who also plays the small forward position.

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 01:22:52 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I rather see him not move if other teams are asking for too much as they are presently.

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 01:28:51 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I would be disappointed too.

Same crap every year.

All talk and rumors, no action.

Not quite sure why everyone calls Ainge, "Trader Danny."

Seems like an unwarranted nickname

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 01:31:26 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Same crap every year.

Hasn't Ainge already made like 9 trades since the off season?

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 01:32:32 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

Same crap every year.

Was about to say not like we haven't traded our two best players this season and had a week where it was pretty much a new trade every day...

Glad DA isn't all for making a trade at the deadline just to make a trade and satisfy a few posters

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 01:33:18 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Same crap every year.

Always take it with a grain of salt.   The couple days surrounding the trade deadline is like Christmas for sports websites/blogs.   If they mention Boston, it's good for website traffic.  We're all a bunch of suckers.  Lol.

Plus a lot of it is just razzle dazzle being leaked by frontoffices to get increased offers from teams they are negotiating with.  Boston has a lot of picks... makes sense to leak that boston is going to give up picks.

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 01:34:46 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

Same crap every year.

Always take it with a grain of salt.   The couple days surrounding the trade deadline is like Christmas for sports websites/blogs.   If they mention Boston, it's good for website traffic.  We're all a bunch of suckers.  Lol.

Plus a lot of it is just razzle dazzle being leaked by frontoffices to get increased offers from teams they are negotiating with.  Boston has a lot of picks... makes sense to leak that boston is going to give up picks.
Ditto this.

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 01:39:02 PM »

Offline willyd24

• Payton Pritchard
God I'm so sick of people criticizing the person who posted the thread based on the thread title. Read some of the posts before immediately posting your response to what you think the thread is about.

I never said I wanted Ainge to make a trade just to please myself or any other fan. In fact I think Dragic and Jackson are a complete waste of time since both of them are free agents and will probably bolt for greener pastures in the offseason.

For the third time, the trade I proposed was bringing in Mo Harkless for a couple of second rounders which due to the ridiculous amount of picks we have is in no way breaking the bank. We bring him in and see what he can do and hopefully he plays well. It's a couple of second rounders, Geez...

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2015, 01:40:17 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Same crap every year.

Was about to say not like we haven't traded our two best players this season and had a week where it was pretty much a new trade every day...

Glad DA isn't all for making a trade at the deadline just to make a trade and satisfy a few posters

Would like to see Ainge make moves to improve the team for the present, not moves for more and more draft picks.

Yes, he did get a couple decent players like Crowder and Prince, but would like to see that blockbuster type move for a guy like Dragic, Lawson, RJackson etc.

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2015, 01:44:46 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I'm not saying he needs to do something extravagant. I would consider Mo Harkless for a second rounder a pretty small deal, Wouldn't you?
I am not particularly excited about anyone who can be had for a second rounder.

WillyD24, I think this post sums up how most feel about a Moe Harkless deal. If the deadline comes and goes, and Moe Harkless or any for a player that can be had for a 2nd rounder isn't made, the majority of us won't be disappointed. You keep saying you'll be disappointed if we don't make even a small deal. Fine. I don't understand or share that sentiment, and I think most here feel the same.

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2015, 01:45:24 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
God I'm so sick of people criticizing the person who posted the thread based on the thread title. Read some of the posts before immediately posting your response to what you think the thread is about.

I never said I wanted Ainge to make a trade just to please myself or any other fan. In fact I think Dragic and Jackson are a complete waste of time since both of them are free agents and will probably bolt for greener pastures in the offseason.

For the third time, the trade I proposed was bringing in Mo Harkless for a couple of second rounders which due to the ridiculous amount of picks we have is in no way breaking the bank. We bring him in and see what he can do and hopefully he plays well. It's a couple of second rounders, Geez...

If I may ask, what's the fascination with Moe Harkless?

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2015, 01:46:17 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I might have taken Javale McGee and a 1st to absorb 1 more year of his salary. . .

But I'm not going to be broken up about not making more moves. I do think Bass, Thornton and Prince should be moved so I'd be disappointed if there truly is no market for them.

Wonder if they get bought out?

Reggie, Goran, Monroe, Enes and co are guys we can bid on in the summer without giving up any picks or players now. Bonus!

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2015, 01:47:55 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
If brandon Bass is still on this team in 4 hours Ainge should be immediately fired.

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2015, 01:48:51 PM »

Offline willyd24

• Payton Pritchard
@Nerf DPOY
That's perfectly fine, I completely respect that. Just don't twist my words and say that I wanted Ainge to send all of our first rounders away for a flashy free agent to be, that's all.

@gpap
I just think it would be worth a second rounder or two to get a look at him cause he's young and has some talent that's all.