Author Topic: Celtics 2024 Playoff Run Thread  (Read 39992 times)

Re: Celtics 2024 Playoff Run Thread
« Reply #255 on: May 05, 2024, 06:25:09 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 943
Great point about them not getting any rest.

limited time for Jarrett Allen's ribs to heal as well.   If he couldn't go today, makes you wonder about Tues for him as well.   That or he might be really limited with movement.

Even if he goes I’m going right at him and those ribs.

X might be the right size to go at the ribs. Not dirty/illegal - just make him use those ribs.

And coincidentally, ribs tonight for dinner.

Lucky guy. Chinese for us.

« Reply #256 on: May 06, 2024, 12:53:36 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 564
Whether Jarret Allen plays or not shouldn't really matter, C's should win regardless.

But if a guy misses three straight games with a chest injury it usually means he had something broken. Whether its a rib, chest cartilage, ect.

If he couldn't play in a game seven call me skeptical he's going to be good to go Tuesday night.

« Reply #257 on: May 06, 2024, 02:38:41 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Apparently everyone 'wants Boston' this year in the playoffs
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #258 on: May 06, 2024, 08:41:09 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 981
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Whether Jarret Allen plays or not shouldn't really matter, C's should win regardless.

But if a guy misses three straight games with a chest injury it usually means he had something broken. Whether its a rib, chest cartilage, ect.

If he couldn't play in a game seven call me skeptical he's going to be good to go Tuesday night.
I don't disagree. For me, the question is whether Allen comes back before KP, seems likely based on the recent KP status. We all know Luke Kornet has no shot to match up well with Allen.

« Reply #259 on: May 06, 2024, 08:48:36 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
How serious are bruised ribs?

I understand broken ribs.
I do not understand bruised ribs.

It's typically a 3-5 week injury depending on severity that can heal on it's own. It could be less than 2 weeks if it's really not major. I don't think they've disclosed anything about Allen's injury, but if he had to miss the last three in a row than I imagine it's not a small thing.

Bruised ribs, while not broken, are still a big pain. Chest pains are a main symptom of it. But also, if not carefully maintained, any other issues could lead to bleeding or injuries to the tissues under the skin and other areas near the ribs.

I doubt he'll miss all of the 2nd round but it seems like he could miss the first few games if he's not close (apparently he wasn't even doing workouts or practicing much in recent days)

Wow, that is a lot worse than I thought it was.

I kept expecting him to return soon and being surprised that he was still out.

Yeah, you would think bruised would be "significantly better" than broken, and it is. Typically a tear or something broken would require a surgery/procedure and more recovery time. But it's not like an internal bruise is a small thing either, it can lead to pain and can take weeks to recover. And these internal injuries are also scary because if you mess something up again, it can become even worse.

Different injury but it's kind of like calf strain vs. a calf tear or achilles tear. Yeah a strain is "better" but it'll still keep you out for some time and also, there's the risk if you rush back that ultimately something will happen and it'll be a tear or an achilles injury this time.

I'd be pretty surprised if Allen is back before next week. I guess he could come back after Game 3, but if he's still not practicing/working out and they have been mum about his injury all this time my guess is they are managing it and not really planning on him to return at least for the next few days (which is when Games 1 and 2 are). Idk if you want to travel on flight with bruised ribs either.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #260 on: May 06, 2024, 08:58:48 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 707
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I expect Allen to try to play here tomorrow but he is going to be very ginger. not sure how effective he will be because his game is all hustle. That will not feel good. Boston needs to be physical with him.

He is good but he is not going to swing the series.

« Reply #261 on: May 06, 2024, 09:22:24 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
So the remaining teams in the East are New York, Indiana, Cleveland and Boston.

This really could not have gone better for Boston, even without KP. They took out Miami and PHI/MIL are also now out. It's on them to get through the East. NY feels like the only tough team left in the East and that's because they are very tough and pesky.

But I will add, it's a big bonus to not have to deal with a star big man in any of the next two rounds. No Embiid/Giannis. Yes those teams have some size and great centers (Turner, Allen, Mobley, Hartenstein) but definitely no one to that level.

« Reply #262 on: May 06, 2024, 10:01:40 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

This really could not have gone better for Boston, even without KP. They took out Miami and PHI/MIL are also now out. It's on them to get through the East. NY feels like the only tough team left in the East and that's because they are very tough and pesky.

But I will add, it's a big bonus to not have to deal with a star big man in any of the next two rounds. No Embiid/Giannis. Yes those teams have some size and great centers (Turner, Allen, Mobley, Hartenstein) but definitely no one to that level.

Now we just need Denver to lose.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #263 on: May 06, 2024, 10:14:33 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Now we just need Denver to lose.

Yeah, I think whoever wins Nuggets-Wolves is gonna make the Finals, and well-deserved

« Reply #264 on: May 06, 2024, 10:34:28 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 707
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I do expect Mitchell to score a lot vs Boston. He always does. But can he get consistent help from the other guys?

« Reply #265 on: May 06, 2024, 10:44:05 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I do expect Mitchell to score a lot vs Boston. He always does. But can he get consistent help from the other guys?

I don't spend much time watching other teams, but what's going on with Darius Garland?  His production is down, especially from his peak.  Is that simply a case of Mitchell hogging the ball?  His overall efficiency has been pretty good, but 15 / 5 isn't going to get it done.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #266 on: May 06, 2024, 11:04:55 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767

I don't spend much time watching other teams, but what's going on with Darius Garland?  His production is down, especially from his peak.  Is that simply a case of Mitchell hogging the ball?  His overall efficiency has been pretty good, but 15 / 5 isn't going to get it done.

If he gets 35 on 35 shots, we will be doing fine.

« Reply #267 on: May 06, 2024, 11:08:46 AM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1402

In the playoffs Mitchell has 35% usage and Garland 20% so probably yes its probably Mitchell hogging the ball. He's actually shooting 40% from 3 but has taken less overall shots than Jarrett Allen.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #268 on: May 06, 2024, 05:27:40 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 887

In the playoffs Mitchell has 35% usage and Garland 20% so probably yes its probably Mitchell hogging the ball. He's actually shooting 40% from 3 but has taken less overall shots than Jarrett Allen.

Garland has been a very good player for several seasons.  More of a driver, run the team type of guard, but he can shoot the 3 also.  His plus/minus and net rating were really bad in the Orlando series.  Not sure what is going on.

« Reply #269 on: May 06, 2024, 05:31:17 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214

Garland has been a very good player for several seasons.  More of a driver, run the team type of guard, but he can shoot the 3 also.  His plus/minus and net rating were really bad in the Orlando series.  Not sure what is going on.

I saw something saying that he lost like 15lbs from his broken jaw, losing that much weight is tough especially for a smaller guard like him. I can definitely see that impacting his driving game if it's true
I'm bitter.