Author Topic: 2022 Draft  (Read 35577 times)

Re: 2022 Draft
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2022, 05:10:01 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Aminu Mohammed reminds me of Jaylen with the way he moves. Fairly raw but could be a useful back up wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lCybecuT1c
I am quite a fan of his potential, but he's one of those guys who I think would be best suited spending another year in college because he's so raw. He was physically dominant in high school and it took him a while to adjust to bigger bodies in college - they only get bigger and faster in the NBA. He's a couple of years away, but he certainly has some tools to succeed.

Very twitchy athlete.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2022, 08:26:24 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
Aminu Mohammed reminds me of Jaylen with the way he moves. Fairly raw but could be a useful back up wing.

I am quite a fan of his potential, but he's one of those guys who I think would be best suited spending another year in college because he's so raw. He was physically dominant in high school and it took him a while to adjust to bigger bodies in college - they only get bigger and faster in the NBA. He's a couple of years away, but he certainly has some tools to succeed.

Very twitchy athlete.

You're right he's probably coming out too early. That's why it's a good time to grab him early.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBkeQcTMpDg

This kid has some long ass arms.

« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2022, 08:50:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
This kid seems to be a mystery man this year. Zvonimar Ivisic. They can't even agree if he's 7'1" or 7'3". I can't find any game film either. Could be a draft and stash.

« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2022, 05:10:57 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
This kid seems to be a mystery man this year. Zvonimar Ivisic. They can't even agree if he's 7'1" or 7'3". I can't find any game film either. Could be a draft and stash.
Plays in the Adriatic junior league, which is essentially the countries that made up Yugoslavia. Averages 15/7 with 3 blocks and a steal.

His play in the Adriatic adult league has been significantly less impressive. A few years off.

« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2022, 08:47:02 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Plays in the Adriatic junior league, which is essentially the countries that made up Yugoslavia. Averages 15/7 with 3 blocks and a steal.

His play in the Adriatic adult league has been significantly less impressive. A few years off.

Didn't play much in the adult league and he's a project for sure. Draft and stash for a couple of years would be best. He's only 18.

« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2022, 11:26:55 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

Very twitchy athlete.

You're right he's probably coming out too early. That's why it's a good time to grab him early.

I agree Aminu for his sake should be returning to college and working to turn himself into a 1st round pick.

This is what makes him an ideal "pre-draft" target. I can't remember which Podcast I heard that term but the idea is to search out the guys whose draft stock with skyrocket if they stay in college another season and instead draft them at a value a year early. Jaden Ivey would have probably been a mid first last draft  and Keegan Murray a late 2nd. Josh Primo was a "pre-draft" guy when the Spurs drafted him.

Aminu does worry me with his poor statistical finishing at the rim but I think this has a lot to do with him being over whelmed as the primary option on a bad team. Out of all the  players I see mocked in the late 2nd he is the player I could most likely seeing rising to the level of solid starter in the NBA.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2022, 07:06:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Very twitchy athlete.

I agree Aminu for his sake should be returning to college and working to turn himself into a 1st round pick.

This is what makes him an ideal "pre-draft" target. I can't remember which Podcast I heard that term but the idea is to search out the guys whose draft stock with skyrocket if they stay in college another season and instead draft them at a value a year early. Jaden Ivey would have probably been a mid first last draft  and Keegan Murray a late 2nd. Josh Primo was a "pre-draft" guy when the Spurs drafted him.

Aminu does worry me with his poor statistical finishing at the rim but I think this has a lot to do with him being over whelmed as the primary option on a bad team. Out of all the  players I see mocked in the late 2nd he is the player I could most likely seeing rising to the level of solid starter in the NBA.
Yeah, he certainly has all the tools to succeed. He's got a lot to like. I love his handling and two-handed dunks - such a good highlight reel! Just needs working.

« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2022, 10:04:38 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2022, 02:24:27 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Karlo Matkovic has great athleticism. He also has a sweet shooting stroke with a quick release. He can really get up and down. There are some good looking prospects at the end of this draft. We could have some interesting guys in Summer League.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24OzIzrpx3Y

« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2022, 06:16:00 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Karlo Matkovic has great athleticism. He also has a sweet shooting stroke with a quick release. He can really get up and down. There are some good looking prospects at the end of this draft. We could have some interesting guys in Summer League.

He's a really interesting prospect with his athleticism. He's a bit older at 21, but has some intriguing skills. He never shot threes in his European games - if that is a genuine development then he becomes much more likely to make it. An athletic stretch 4/5 is super valuable.

« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2022, 09:46:24 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

He's a really interesting prospect with his athleticism. He's a bit older at 21, but has some intriguing skills. He never shot threes in his European games - if that is a genuine development then he becomes much more likely to make it. An athletic stretch 4/5 is super valuable.

He looks like an NBA athlete.

« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2022, 12:07:34 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I am getting interested in this kid.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Karlo-Matkovic-107629/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPIsPzS9jzo

certainly a project...

I would still take Aminu Mohammed if he's there...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 12:15:49 PM by liam »

« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2022, 12:13:15 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

Matkovic is someone who slipped through the cracks for me. Digging around it looks like he measured 6'9.5" with out shoes, 222lbs, and a 7' wingspan back in 2018 at the Basketball without boarders camp he also had a really impressive 41" max vertical. I am skeptical on the legitimacy of that vertical but he is obviously a high level vertical athlete with the size to play center in the NBA. While his shot looks good he hasn't been a 3pt threat at any level and I'm not sold that his outside shot translates past the practice court. I could see him as a Mason Plumlee like rotational NBA 5 and a player well worth a shot in the 2nd round.

He just reinforces my stance that the Celtics best value at #53 is going to come from grabbing a draft and stash big man. Nzosa, Diop, Baji, and now Matkovic all has the physical tools to make it as rotational bigs. Stashing one of those guys only adds to the Celtics future center options.

Badji is a player I have grown higher on in the last few days. Looking back and comparing him to Gobert they are very similar as prospects. The have the same crazy measurements, Badji is arguably a more explosive athlete, and their Euro league stats are very similar. I also like the fact that he has been a productive participant in FIBA play where he looks the part of a physically dominate player.         
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 12:24:40 PM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2022, 12:20:31 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Matkovic is someone who slipped through the cracks for me. Digging around it looks like he measured 6'9.5" with out shoes, 222lbs, and a 7' wingspan back in 2018 at the Basketball without boarders camp he also had a really impressive 41" max vertical. I am skeptical on the legitimacy of that vertical but he is obviously a high level vertical athlete with the size to play center in the NBA. While his shot looks good he hasn't been a 3pt threat at any level and I'm not sold that his outside shot translates past the practice court. I could see him as a Mason Plumlee like rotational NBA 5 and a player well worth a shot in the 2nd round.

He just reinforces my stance that the Celtics best value at #53 is going to come from grabbing a draft and stash big man. Nzosa, Diop, Baji, and now Matkovic all has the physical tools to make it as rotational bigs. Stashing one of those guys only adds to the Celtics future center options.     

If you get anything close to Plumlee at 53 that's a steal. Matkovic's jumper looks like it could develop and he looks like he could be a better rim protector and maybe quicker but not nearly as strong. I like taking a swing on these super athletic young guys ho could develope at the end of the second.

« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2022, 12:45:10 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
If any of these 4 are around when we pick or if we decide to move up I'd grab them.

"Jaylin Williams, Arkansas: Williams is my favorite second-round prospect as a hard-working big man who can play the four or the five comfortably next to anyone. He's an intense defender and rebounder who has improved his shooting stroke and has some passing chops, too.

Jake LaRavia, Wake Forest: LaRavia will be your prototypical 3-and-D wing at the next level with good size and a clean shooting stroke who can fit on any roster. He plays hard at all times on both ends of the floor and has the potential to be a glue guy.

Ryan Rollins, Toledo: Rollins is a quick playmaker who plays with great pace with the ball in his hands. He has a smooth jumper and could develop into a reliable reserve guard for a team in need of another ball-handler.

Hugo Besson, New Zealand Breakers (NBL, Australia): Besson is a fluid scorer and shot creator who can get a bucket from all three levels of the floor. He's improved as a playmaker and already has professional experience after spending his last season in Australia's NBL.

MORE FROM SPORTING NEWS"