Author Topic: Raptors (7-4) at Celtics (11-2) Game #14 11/12/17  (Read 33140 times)

Re: Raptors (7-4) at Celtics (11-2) Game #14 11/12/17
« Reply #375 on: November 13, 2017, 12:47:44 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
“Did Celtics fans mistake our trash play for them playing well or something? Is that why they're And1'ing the entire GT? Because that definitely wasn't the case, they were pretty well outplayed the entire game and barely escaped thanks to our own coaching ineptitude. Moose in full effect”

Raptors fans so naive they don’t realize a lot of their  “trash play” was a result of our defense.

Raptor fans are one of the saltiest fan base I've encountered. They were laughing at the Celtics last year when Danny refused to make a move at the trade deadline. Who got the last laugh now?  ;D

« Reply #376 on: November 13, 2017, 12:59:47 AM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
Is this team ever going to lose again?

Yeah, Thursday.

Kyrie will be back for that and we match up well with The GSW. Brooklyn is the trap game.

GS will be a huge test to see what we have without GH as far as can we give them a run in the finals.
National TV, Warriors playing great and at full strength with the opportunity to kill the streak?

GSW is gonna come out hot. That game is going to be VERY  VERY difficult to win.

« Reply #377 on: November 13, 2017, 01:49:18 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I like our chances against the warriors. I don’t think they are invincible

« Reply #378 on: November 13, 2017, 01:52:26 AM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
I do.

They have the 2 MVPs, the two greatest shooters in league history, and one of the 2 or three best defensive players in the league.

They have averaged 67 wins a season for the past 3 years and just had the greatest postseason ever, going 16-1 and making a mockery of the rest of the league.

« Reply #379 on: November 13, 2017, 01:54:11 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I do.

They have the 2 MVPs, the two greatest shooters in league history, and one of the 2 or three best defensive players in the league.

They have averaged 67 wins a season for the past 3 years and just had the greatest postseason ever, going 15-1 and making a mockery of the rest of the league.

Gotta agree.  In general, no one has shown any legitimate promise against that team at full health.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #380 on: November 13, 2017, 02:06:21 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I do.

They have averaged 67 wins a season for the past 3 years and just had the greatest postseason ever, going 16-1 and making a mockery of the rest of the league.
This season, Tatum has a better TS% on the 3pt% leaderboard than Klay Thompson. Irving is a good match against curry. Curry isn’t the best defender. I also want to see smart and Irving stop curry and Durant should have fits from Tatum. I am interested in seeing what Baynes / Morris / Brown  and maybe even Semi can do against draymond. They have no answer for Horford, I can see McGee having trouble keeping up with him.

The warriors lost 3 times already, more than us. They’ve been beat before and will be beat by teams like ours.

« Reply #381 on: November 13, 2017, 07:33:32 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
“Did Celtics fans mistake our trash play for them playing well or something? Is that why they're And1'ing the entire GT? Because that definitely wasn't the case, they were pretty well outplayed the entire game and barely escaped thanks to our own coaching ineptitude. Moose in full effect”

Raptors fans so naive they don’t realize a lot of their  “trash play” was a result of our defense.

Raptor fans are one of the saltiest fan base I've encountered. They were laughing at the Celtics last year when Danny refused to make a move at the trade deadline. Who got the last laugh now?  ;D
Yeah. Have fun paying Serge Ibaka $22 mil to average 13 and 5 for the next 3 years.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #382 on: November 13, 2017, 08:05:20 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Yeah. Have fun paying Serge Ibaka $22 mil to average 13 and 5 for the next 3 years.

Ibaka was 26 when he can into the league .  He looks old as vince carter

« Reply #383 on: November 13, 2017, 08:26:02 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

To be fair, Vince Carter does not look his age on the court.

« Reply #384 on: November 13, 2017, 09:20:38 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619

To be fair, Vince Carter does not look his age on the court.

We all know a person who just defies their age. Thankfully for me it's my wife! Unfortunately for her I'm aging like Milk.....
ok fine

« Reply #385 on: November 13, 2017, 09:42:29 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

TP. This is complete nonsense. I thought the Celtics were the better team the whole game. Shots just weren't falling. In fact I was surprised that it remained so close till the end. After the 8-point lead in the 3rd I expected that we would run away and never look back, but then Miles shot two 3-pointers and the bench again struggled to score. Well deserved win imo.

« Reply #386 on: November 13, 2017, 01:58:24 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

I ain't scared. But this is a good measuring stick. It would be hard to beat them even with hayward. but, one step at a time. Right now let's finally beat lebron and the cavs and win the east to just make the finals. progress. Hopefully GS blows the team up or has inside issues with money etc to open the door for us sooner than expected.  We cannot win it all until we get there. Let's get there first and foremost.
LET'S GO CELTICS!