Author Topic: 2010 CB Draft: Southeast Division Press Conferences  (Read 54593 times)

Re: 2010 CB Draft: Southeast Division Press Conferences
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2010, 04:41:23 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
if you're not worried about nash possibly missing time...i mean don't get me wrong, the only guy I hope stays healthier more is kg, but nash stormed the beaches at normanfdy. dude is old, and your team is going to need an mvp type season out of him to make it to the dance.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2010, 04:48:11 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Here's how I see it, separated by tiers:

1. Magic

I actually don't agree with a lot of the coaching decisions the Magic announced and thought there were more negatives than positives from their presser, but I think their talent/depth sorts itself out and rights the ship.

---------
2. Sonics

As many have pointed out, I just don't like the point guard for this team. If the Sonics could've had a PG even as good as a Ty Lawson type I think they'd probably be my favorite team. Unforutnately Duhon doesn't cut it, and what could've been a great team is left at pretty good.

3. Boxers

I just don't have faith in Andrew Bynum staying healthy, and he's too important to this team for me to rank any higher. If this was 2k and you could turn injuries to 'off' I think they're batting it out with Orlando for division supremacy. Also I have some concerns with Manu, he came back strong last season, but really semed to hit a wall late.
---------
4. Heat

From an entertainment standpoint, I absolutely love the Heat. I think Odom would be a heckuva player aside Nash in the fun n' gun, and I think Nash also gets every ounce of talent out of Moon and Lou Williams (as Leandro Barbosa). Unfortunately, the lack of post defense will be their demise

5. Hawks

I liked a lot of the Hawks selections (Brand, Varejao), but at the end of the day I think they're hurt by having too many similarly skilled players.

« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2010, 04:50:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25606
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Wow...  talk about parity.  I'm honestly a little shocked to see people ranking Atlanta and Washington 3rd or lower, but I guess it's a "one man's trash is another man's treasure" sort of argument.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2010, 04:54:11 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Im gonna have to go

1.Washington
2.Atlanta
3.Sonics
4.Magic
5.Heat
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2010, 04:54:31 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
chris duhon! ew! gross!

did chris duhon just become the next mo williams?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2010, 04:59:21 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
chris duhon! ew! gross!

did chris duhon just become the next mo williams?

I hate you IP.

« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2010, 04:59:51 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Wow...  talk about parity.  I'm honestly a little shocked to see people ranking Atlanta and Washington 3rd or lower, but I guess it's a "one man's trash is another man's treasure" sort of argument.
Yeah, I've been asking the most questions of Washington/Atlanta but I do feel they're the best teams in the division. I'll read more on the remaining teams pressers when I get home.

« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2010, 05:01:27 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

---------
2. Sonics

As many have pointed out, I just don't like the point guard for this team. If the Sonics could've had a PG even as good as a Ty Lawson type I think they'd probably be my favorite team. Unforutnately Duhon doesn't cut it, and what could've been a great team is left at pretty good.

Maybe if someone had traded Dwight Howard. ;)

« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2010, 05:03:28 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Personally, I don't see it with Atlanta. Defensively, they're relatively weak at 1-3, their big men bring some game but again have some serious medical questions and not the depth to make up for it.

If either Brand or Okur goes down you're stuck with Josh Boone playing big minutes, and this leaves you with only one big who isn't an offensive liability.

« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2010, 05:05:15 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

---------
2. Sonics

Maybe if someone had traded Dwight Howard. ;)

Ha, that was honestly a really intriguing 11th hour blockbuster offer.

« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2010, 05:06:25 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Personally, I don't see it with Atlanta. Defensively, they're relatively weak at 1-3, their big men bring some game but again have some serious medical questions and not the depth to make up for it.

If either Brand or Okur goes down you're stuck with Josh Boone playing big minutes, and this leaves you with only one big who isn't an offensive liability.

Especially with Mehmo, who I love, having lost a step.

« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2010, 05:18:02 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923

SG/SF

Rasual Butler
12PPG, 3RPG, 1BPG, 36%3FG

Butler is an above average defender on the wing, who excels at hitting the corner 3.

FWIW, Rasual Butler was a 33% 3pt shooter last season.

Sorry for the mistake, I guess I looked at the career stats there and not last year.  Honest mistake.

« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2010, 05:19:53 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
5. Hawks

I liked a lot of the Hawks selections (Brand, Varejao), but at the end of the day I think they're hurt by having too many similarly skilled players.

Can you elaborate on the "similarly skilled players" part of your reasoning?

« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2010, 05:25:16 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
He's an above average PG defender, but he's not a good defensive shooting guard. He gives good effort and has an excellent understanding of what to do. Hence why coaches love him as a player. But he lacks the length, quickness, and strength to defend NBA 2s at a high level. He also gives up rebounds at that position.

He's being used as the primary defensive wing right now, you really think he's going to be all-nba defense in that role?

Well he played a quarter of the Bulls SG minutes that season. Just seems you're over-emphasizing athleticism. (Gay is a worse defender at the 2, even if more disruptive.) And, while, I'd agree that he's not an ideal primary defensive wing, what evidence that he's below average? And how important is rebounding from a SG? (Unless it's uncanny.)
If he's giving up a mere extra rebound a game, that's an extra possession for the other team. Its not a huge factor, but it matters.

He's a PG, do you think Rondo would make a good primary wing defender? He's a better defensive PG than Hinrich and did a credible job on Wade at times in one playoff series.

Defend your binkie to death, but I'm not going to try to prove that he can't do something he's never been asked to do.

What do you mean never been asked to do.  Hinrich has been asked to guard 2's before.  I currently have him playing 15-16% of his minutes at the 2.  He also did a good job against the Celtics guarding the 1,2 and 3 in their playoff series.

I don't expect to have him guard 3's, but he is definitely no slouch guarding PG/SG.