Author Topic: Would you do this fantasy football trade  (Read 3573 times)

Re: Would you do this fantasy football trade
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 12:47:50 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Yeah, on pure merit I think it's a good deal for me, but both Boldin and especially Williams are injury-prone, and Slaton thus far isn't.  If Williams goes down I have a serious lack of RB depth.  But I think I'm leaning toward taking it.

Re: Would you do this fantasy football trade
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 01:18:06 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Would you give up Grant, Portis, and Steve Smith (Giants) for Maurice Jones-Drew, Willie Parker, and Santana Moss (or Kevin Curtis)?  I already have Michael Turner, Reggie Wayne, and Percy Harvin, so after inserting Jones-Drew, I would need just one other starter position in which I could go with Larry Johnson, Jamal Lewis, Brandon Marshall, or the other two guys I get in the trade.

12 team league.

Wow, either great drafting by you or very curious drafting by your competitors to assemble that team in a 12 team league. turner, grant, portis, Larry Johnson, Lewis at RB.  Wayne, Harvin, Marshal at WR.  That has the potential to be pretty ridiculous for a 12 team league.  Nice Job.
Had the 4th pick.  Guys at work like WR's and QB's so they go a bit earlier then in other leagues.  Marshall was suspended when he had our draft so I got him later then he went in the earlier drafts.  Guys like LJ and Lewis aren't that good and will never play barring injuries and/or byes.  Got Grant in round 4, only pick that seemed way off to me (turner, portis, wayne were the first three).  Harvin as a rookie was going fairly late in most drafts, I even had a few where he went undrafted.  Rookies are a crap shoot.  Hell I took Maclin before Harvin and waived Maclin for Steve Smith after the first week.  I also have Lee Evans, which I forgot to mention.  Downside is I gambled on later QB's and at TE, but so far Palmer (backup Flacco) and Heap have worked out well.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip