Author Topic: Would you do this fantasy football trade  (Read 3574 times)

Would you do this fantasy football trade
« on: September 23, 2009, 10:38:38 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Would you give up Grant, Portis, and Steve Smith (Giants) for Maurice Jones-Drew, Willie Parker, and Santana Moss (or Kevin Curtis)?  I already have Michael Turner, Reggie Wayne, and Percy Harvin, so after inserting Jones-Drew, I would need just one other starter position in which I could go with Larry Johnson, Jamal Lewis, Brandon Marshall, or the other two guys I get in the trade.

My hesistation is that the Jax line is so bad I'm not sure if Jones-Drew is going to stay healthy or get enough TD's to make it worthwhile, though I do believe he is the best player in the trade.  I'm just looking for others thoughts.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Would you do this fantasy football trade
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 10:52:06 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I would pass on that one.  Arguably, you're giving up three of the four best players in the deal.  I think Jacksonville is going to struggle on offense all season, meaning MJD will be limited.

I think you're better off with Turner/Grant/Portis as your top three running backs / flex players, rather than Turner/MJD/Johnson.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 10:55:25 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Agreed, Also I think Moss is a big name but overrated in terms of fantasy
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 10:57:07 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I wouldn't make it.  I think you'll see Mendenhall start to get most of the touches in Pitt within the upcoming weeks, simply because he is producing when he is called upon and Parker is not.  Also, Steve Smith is turning into a fantasy starter, I believe he is currently tied for the league leaders in receptions and will probably continue to be Eli's #1 option.  Moss hasn't done much in the first two games and neither has Curtis.  Jones-Drew would be nice to have, but I think your team is better off as it is.
do it

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 11:04:09 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
My hesitation on not declining right away is I think Marshall is going to start performing like last year and will replace Portis as a starter at some point and thus I would essentially be trading MJD for Grant, which is a good deal.  If Marshall doesn't kick it into gear I would be screwed though.

I always considered Parker and the receiver as throw-ins, so I wasn't putting any value in them in the trade making it essentially a 3 for 1.

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 11:19:24 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Would you give up Grant, Portis, and Steve Smith (Giants) for Maurice Jones-Drew, Willie Parker, and Santana Moss (or Kevin Curtis)?  I already have Michael Turner, Reggie Wayne, and Percy Harvin, so after inserting Jones-Drew, I would need just one other starter position in which I could go with Larry Johnson, Jamal Lewis, Brandon Marshall, or the other two guys I get in the trade.

First question is how small of a league is this?  8 teams? 6?

Second, I would say no.  MJD will be better than he has been, and he is probably the best player in the deal.  That being said, he probably wont be that much better than Grant.  Portis is much better than Parker.  Steve Smith (giants) will be returned to next to nothing in the future, so you gain there as Moss will outpoint him, but I think the RB's ends up setting you back to far.

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 11:41:17 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

First question is how small of a league is this?  8 teams? 6?

Second, I would say no.  MJD will be better than he has been, and he is probably the best player in the deal.  That being said, he probably wont be that much better than Grant.  Portis is much better than Parker.  Steve Smith (giants) will be returned to next to nothing in the future, so you gain there as Moss will outpoint him, but I think the RB's ends up setting you back to far.
12 team league.

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 11:43:25 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'd pass on that too.

Turner/Portis/Grant is a pretty solid 1-2-3 punch.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 11:49:38 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
My hesitation on not declining right away is I think Marshall is going to start performing like last year and will replace Portis as a starter at some point and thus I would essentially be trading MJD for Grant, which is a good deal.  If Marshall doesn't kick it into gear I would be screwed though.

I always considered Parker and the receiver as throw-ins, so I wasn't putting any value in them in the trade making it essentially a 3 for 1.

If Marshall picks it up, I'd start him over Harvin, most likely.  I think Portis will out-perform Harvin over the course of the season.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 11:53:22 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen

12 team league.

Wow, either great drafting by you or very curious drafting by your competitors to assemble that team in a 12 team league. turner, grant, portis, Larry Johnson, Lewis at RB.  Wayne, Harvin, Marshal at WR.  That has the potential to be pretty ridiculous for a 12 team league.  Nice Job.

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 11:55:27 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Not to hijack, but it's a trade offer so I figured I'd put it here:

Team A offers:
Anquan Boldin
Carnell Williams

Team B (me) gives up:
Steve Slaton

I'm not sure whether to make this move - I'm still up on Slaton despite the poor start, but Boldin is a clear upgrade at WR (I have Roddy White, Breaston, Harvin, and Lee Evans as my top WRs) and Williams looks like he'll get a lot of touches if he's healthy.  My other RBs are Chris Johnson and a grab bag of part time guys (Felix Jones, Buckhalter, Mike Bell, Mendenhall) that I've been using situationally.  Thoughts?

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 12:17:21 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen

Team A offers:
Anquan Boldin
Carnell Williams

Team B (me) gives up:
Steve Slaton

I'm not sure whether to make this move - I'm still up on Slaton despite the poor start, but Boldin is a clear upgrade at WR (I have Roddy White, Breaston, Harvin, and Lee Evans as my top WRs) and Williams looks like he'll get a lot of touches if he's healthy.  My other RBs are Chris Johnson and a grab bag of part time guys (Felix Jones, Buckhalter, Mike Bell, Mendenhall) that I've been using situationally.  Thoughts?

standard scoring? how many WR's do you start?

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 12:23:14 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Team A offers:
Anquan Boldin
Carnell Williams

Team B (me) gives up:
Steve Slaton

standard scoring? how many WR's do you start?

I believe it's standard, we get .5 points per reception, 1 pt per 10 yards, etc.  3 starting WRs, 2 RBs, 1 flex.

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 12:38:34 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

Team A offers:
Anquan Boldin
Carnell Williams

Team B (me) gives up:
Steve Slaton

You're getting a lot of value there, and Mike Bell/Williams should provide enough to replace what Slaton was giving you, even with an assumed improvement from him.  I'd take the deal.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 12:42:17 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
If you get points for receptions I would definitly do the deal
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16