Author Topic: Chris Sheridan's idea: Earl Watson  (Read 5826 times)

Re: Chris Sheridan's idea: Earl Watson
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 11:35:24 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Earl Watson is terrible.  He can't carry Gabe Pruitt's jock.  No thanks.

While i think this is overstating it (and there's no reason they both couldn't be on the floor at once), i laughed outloud -- the sign of a solid arguement. alright, let's stick with the kid and concentrate on smith. but we just don't have the goods to get him if anyone else will offer more for him than... gabe pruitt's jock.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 12:08:43 PM »

Offline Rich

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
Earl Watson is not a bad idea at all, he is a solid player as a backup PG...Especially since if it is a 3 for 1 (with Sam coming back after being waived)...Then that frees a roster spot for a big...I still hope we can get Joe Smith as well, but trading for him doesn't seem feasible for us...Hopefully a buyout.  But yes, on the flip side, I'd like to see Gabe given a shot and see if he can be that guy...
Let’s go Celtics!!

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 12:42:35 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
The Celtics are definitely going to try to make some sort of splash by picking up a player between now and the deadline, either by a trade or by picking up someone who is cut.

I sure hope they do better than Earl Watson (he may not even be better than Pruitt).

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 12:55:37 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
The Celtics are definitely going to try to make some sort of splash by picking up a player between now and the deadline, either by a trade or by picking up someone who is cut.

I sure hope they do better than Earl Watson (he may not even be better than Pruitt).

we have nothing to trade, so it will be a buyout.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion