Author Topic: K mart's beautiful shot  (Read 1577 times)

K mart's beautiful shot
« on: January 11, 2009, 02:11:21 AM »

Offline medman34

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
What do you guys think of this trade?  I don't think we should trade a part of the big three yet but I really don't think we can win a championship if we don't improve our bench.  so the deal is:

Boston gets:
Kevin Martin  5 yr  9mil
Brad miller   2 yr  11mil
shelden williams    expiring

Sacramento gets:
Ray Allen     2 yr  19 mil
Brian Scalabrine  2 yr 3 mil /  Tony Allen(if needed)
Glenn Davis     expiring     

The valuable pieces in this are K mart and Ray allen.  Allen is a better shooter but Martin is younger and more effective at driving the lane. I would like to see how that would fit with our jump shooting team. 

In this deal we would also receive a big with length and scoring ability who can back up perk. Shelden williams would also give us a back up defender and may make it possible for us to unload scal's contract. 

I don't know if Sac would really want to do this, but this deal would free up almost their entire roster for the summer of 10'.  they would have just as great a chance of being so terrible they can compete for more ping pong balls in the lottery.  What do you guys think?

Re: K mart's beautiful shot
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 03:03:24 AM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
What do you guys think of this trade?  I don't think we should trade a part of the big three yet but I really don't think we can win a championship if we don't improve our bench.  so the deal is:

Boston gets:
Kevin Martin  5 yr  9mil
Brad miller   2 yr  11mil
shelden williams    expiring

Sacramento gets:
Ray Allen     2 yr  19 mil
Brian Scalabrine  2 yr 3 mil /  Tony Allen(if needed)
Glenn Davis     expiring     

The valuable pieces in this are K mart and Ray allen.  Allen is a better shooter but Martin is younger and more effective at driving the lane. I would like to see how that would fit with our jump shooting team. 

In this deal we would also receive a big with length and scoring ability who can back up perk. Shelden williams would also give us a back up defender and may make it possible for us to unload scal's contract. 

I don't know if Sac would really want to do this, but this deal would free up almost their entire roster for the summer of 10'.  they would have just as great a chance of being so terrible they can compete for more ping pong balls in the lottery.  What do you guys think?

::)  Sactown is never going to trade two starters, most likely their two best players currently, and a bench player for one aging starter, and two bench players.   

Re: K mart's beautiful shot
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 03:05:38 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
no way does SAC do that trade, even with TA.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion