Author Topic: Trade Idea With Portland  (Read 2968 times)

Trade Idea With Portland
« on: January 10, 2009, 02:44:52 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
This is a trade idea I came up with for Boston and Portland.

Here is a link to RealGM.                         http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/4/

Why for Boston - Boston will get two athletic wing players. Athleticism is really lacking on the second unit. Also, Webster is a very good three point shooter. I thought Webster was heading for a break out year until he got hurt. Steve Blake would be competent enough to start on a championship caliber team.

Why for Portland - Portland will potentially get their all star point guard. This could be Portland's last piece to their championship puzzle. Allen and House could be solid bench players for them. Portland is so high on Batum, that the loss to Webster and Fernandez seems negligible, especially when you factor in the addition of Allen. Scalabrine and Giddens are just filler to make the trade work.

A line up of Rondo, Roy, Outlaw/Batum, Aldridge, and Oden seems like a nice improvement for Portland.

Would anyone be in favor of this trade? I don't know if I would do it or not, although I would think hard about it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 03:04:41 PM by KungPoweChicken »

Re: Trade Idea With Portland
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 02:48:18 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
It seems like that link may not work for some reason. Anyways, the trade was Rondo, Giddens, Scalabrine, Tony Allen, and House to Portland. Fernandez, Blake, and Webster were traded to Boston.

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 02:51:51 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
It seems like that link may not work for some reason. Anyways, the trade was Rondo, Giddens, Scalabrine, Tony Allen, and House to Portland. Fernandez, Blake, and Webster were traded to Boston.

Thanks, I was about to write that the link doesn't work.

We'd have no chance of competing for a title with that line-up. The better player - or the player with more potential - in the deal is Rondo. Blake is a solid backup or a subpar starter, Webster is a decent starter but I doubt he'll become anything above that in the future and Fernandez is like the twisted version of Tony Allen.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 03:03:05 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
I think we give up way too much in this deal. Blake is OK, not what Rondo is/could be.  Noone knows what JR may become in a year or two.  Webster for TA/Scal I'd do though - although Portland probablt would not.  hmmm

I'd consider this one though.

Successful Trade Scenario
Trade ID #4918628

Portland Trade Breakdown

Change in Team Outlook: -7.2 ppg, +4.6 rpg, and +2.8 apg.

Incoming Players
  Rajon Rondo
6-1 PG from Kentucky
10.7 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 7.6 apg in 32.0 minutes 
  Brian Scalabrine
6-9 PF from USC
2.1 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.4 apg in 9.1 minutes 
  Kendrick Perkins
6-10 C from Clifton J. Ozen (HS)
8.8 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 1.2 apg in 28.9 minutes 

Outgoing Players
  LaMarcus Aldridge
6-11 PF from Texas
17.3 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 1.7 apg in 35.9 minutes
  Steve Blake
6-3 PG from Maryland
11.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 4.7 apg in 30.9 minutes

Boston Trade Breakdown

Change in Team Outlook: +7.2 ppg, -4.6 rpg, and -2.8 apg.

Incoming Players

LaMarcus Aldridge
6-11 PF from Texas
17.3 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 1.7 apg in 35.9 minutes 
  Steve Blake
6-3 PG from Maryland
11.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 4.7 apg in 30.9 minutes 

Outgoing Players
  Rajon Rondo
6-1 PG from Kentucky
10.7 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 7.6 apg in 32.0 minutes
  Brian Scalabrine
6-9 PF from USC
2.1 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.4 apg in 9.1 minutes
  Kendrick Perkins
6-10 C from Clifton J. Ozen (HS)
8.8 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 1.2 apg in 28.9 minutes

« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 03:14:21 PM by celtsrp33 »
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 03:13:22 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
I'm all set with moving Rondo, Giddens and TA without getting a major impact player in return.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 03:32:48 PM »

Offline ThreadCrasher

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I would do some version of this trade...maybe.

The impact player in return is Rudy Fernandez...if you don't think he is a young star, then you don't make the deal.  I think he has the potential to be an all-star.

Blake is really a backup PG who starts.  He is the anti-Rondo in alot of respects.  He doesn't penetrate or create much offense, but shoots well from three.  He'd be an interesting fit, but I would want another PG from them in return as well.  Either Bayless or Rodriguez.  (With Rondo, Bayless/Sergio/Roy, Portland would be fine at the PG).

I'd also rather have Outlaw than Webster, at this point.  Webster is still hurt and Outlaw is scoring well off the bench.

If we could get Pryzbilla it would be nice, but I don't think it can work $$$wise.

Rondo, Scal, TA, POB, Giddens for Fernandez, Blake, Rodriguez and Outlaw.

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 05:34:49 PM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
I simply dont like that trade...full stop! Rajond Rondo is not going anywhere and if possible, Perkins aint either!  However, if we need to sacrifice a big player I would like to see us get something big for Ray Allen.  We might be able to use some of his millions to get 2 very good team players; one that plays his position and another one who plays the 4 or 5 spot.  We have 3 players on huge salaries and are all not getting any younger (Allen being oldest).  We should trade him while we can and get some younger players in who can help us now.  Trading Rondo is not a solution eventhough many people dont like his jumpshot.  Why dont those people just look at his assists and steals before calling for his head.  He is a smashing PG which is learning the game every year and learning it fast! 
In Danny Ainge I Trust!

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 05:56:24 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I hate the idea of breakin up the big 3...their chemistry together is too good, and the team wouldn't be so bad if the bench was so terrible. Ainge is to blame for not doing more for the bench in the offseason. We should have kept Posey, paid him his money, and use him as trade bait in a couple years. Too late now.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 06:19:31 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
I would be livid if the C's traded Rondo and Perk in the same deal. 
UBUNTU