Author Topic: Nuggets Celtics Trade Idea ?  (Read 3608 times)

Nuggets Celtics Trade Idea ?
« on: January 08, 2009, 04:18:32 PM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
I have been hearing on here that we need more scoring from the bench and how the Nuggets are one of the worst Def. teams in the league.  What do you think about a Tony Allen, Scal, & JR Giddens to Nuggets for JR Smith.  I think JR although streaky could provide a spark off our bench,  and TA and Scal could make Den. a better Def. team.  Just an idea ?

Re: Nuggets Celtics Trade Idea ?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 04:25:16 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
No thanks.

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 04:30:56 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
No thanks.

That's funny, that's the Nuggets answer also.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 04:31:33 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Not enough talent for the Nuggets. Wrong type of attitude for the Celtics. When people talk about scoring off the bench, they mean a low risk, low cost veteran who can score, but is also willing to play defense and accept a limited role. I don't believe Smith is any of these things (besides being able to score).

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 04:39:59 PM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Not enough talent for the Nuggets. Wrong type of attitude for the Celtics. When people talk about scoring off the bench, they mean a low risk, low cost veteran who can score, but is also willing to play defense and accept a limited role. I don't believe Smith is any of these things (besides being able to score).

Really ?  You don't think he would be worth a shot ?  Kinda like what Ricky gave us for a year he almost got 6th man.  I think being a Nugget is contributing big time to his bad attitude.  A team like the Celtics and there team mantality could be a good thing for him.

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 05:21:10 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"

Really ?  You don't think he would be worth a shot ?  Kinda like what Ricky gave us for a year he almost got 6th man.  I think being a Nugget is contributing big time to his bad attitude.  A team like the Celtics and there team mantality could be a good thing for him.
Ricky Davis was the number 2 option on the team at the time. His role on the team a few years ago is nothing like the role we have that needs to be filled on this team now. If we acquired J.R. Smith, we'd be paying a guy with a history of attitude problems $16+ million guaranteed over 3 years to play 15 minutes per game in the regular season, and 10 at the most in the playoffs.

So we'd be getting someone we wouldn't need and who, as an up-and-coming star type of guy, most likely wouldn't embrace his limited role on our team. Meanwhile, the Nuggets would be getting 2 guys who play J.R.'s position but are much worse at basketball (and neither of them have the ceilings that J.R. has), and an overpaid 12th man.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 09:26:59 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
JR Smith could definitely fit the role, but there's noway Denver falls for that trade...Now we could get Dahntay Jones since he recently hasn't been playing as well will Billups there.
Can't stop, Rondo!