Author Topic: The over-reaction thread: Trade a starter and make this team better contest!  (Read 17206 times)

Offline Las Vegas Asian

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Okay I'll throw my hat in the ring:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=9~348~2211~568~1026&teams=30~30~2~2~2&te=&cash=

Celtics get:

Gerald Wallace
Matt Carroll
Nazr Mohammed

Cats get:

Ray Allen
Eddie House

Both teams benefit.

C's move Pierce to the 2 with Wallace at the SF. Yeah I know Gerald's one concussion away from retirement but this is exactly what we need to match up with the young athletic teams that we seem to struggle with. Carroll takes over House's role off the bench without the obvious disadvantage in height that Eddie brought. Nazr shores up the reserve front court.

BCats get proven veterans in Ray & Eddie which is exactly what Larry Brown likes. CHA also gets out of 3 long term contracts & over $20 million in cap relief by the 2010 FA Super Market.

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Trade Rajon trondo...gets Deron Williams
Trade Ray Allen......gets Joe Johnson
Trade Paul Pierce....gets LeBron James
Trade KG.............gets Kevin Garnett
Trade Perkules.......gets Greg Oden or Diesel ( price wise the only that works)

Trade House.........gets House,and  need that unidimension in every championship team
Trade Tony Allen....gets james Posey
Trade Gabe Pruitt...gets Delonte West
Trade brian Scal....gets Corey Maggette
Trade BBD and Powe..gets Perk Back!!!!!!

Yup that team could be champ too... 8) for the right price and bigger window

Trade KG for duncan, then that all looks about right

i dont know they both have almost same remaining tank and i like the 5
i can think about it

Now for the PP at the 2 and wallace at the 3 I think is easier to play wallace at the 3 because speed, and i rather have Bron for PP so i will stick to mine
P.S. Maybe KG for Amare..but just maybe.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Offline ThreadCrasher

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=9~3464~556~3204~454~2015~3025&teams=22~22~2~2~23~2~23&te=3023:23-61&cash=

Three way with Portland and Sac-Town

Boston sends Ray Alen, Leon Powe and Bill Walker
Boston gets Rudy Fernandez, Travis Outlaw and Brad Miller

Portland sends Fernandez, Outlaw, Rodriguez, LaFrentz
Portland gets Ray Allen, Bill Walker

Sacramento sends Brad Miller
Sacramento gets LaFrentz, Rodriguez and Powe

New Depth

Rondo . House
Fernandez . Pierce . Allen
Pierce . Outlaw
Garnett . Davis
Perkins . Miller

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=9~3464~556~3204~454~2015~3025&teams=22~22~2~2~23~2~23&te=3023:23-61&cash=

New Depth

Rondo . House
Pierce . Outlaw
Garnett . Davis
Perkins . Miller

pretty good actually. TP.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think more likely we trade a few of our young players for a second round pick as part of a three team deal. We need to clear roster space so that we can sign Joe Smith (I think he will get cut), Fred Jones, and Marbury. Those three give us a great bench.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I think more likely we trade a few of our young players for a second round pick as part of a three team deal. We need to clear roster space so that we can sign Joe Smith (I think he will get cut), Fred Jones, and Marbury. Those three give us a great bench.

If Joe smith gets bought out, hes going to cleveland...Not everyone wants to come to boston just because...ever think maybe our players arent very well liked around the league?
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Okay.

Perk is too specifically valuable to this team to trade. If we trade him we only get $4 million of salary back, and what players earn 4 mil per year that are worth trading Perk that a team would actually give up? None.

Same for Rondo. We could only trade him for other rookie scale players, and what rookie scale PG's would we want that another team would get rid of? None.

Can't trade KG as (when healthy) he anchors our defense and is too versatile.

Pierce has earned the right to retire as a Celtic and has a very long contract.

Thus the only tradeable starter is Ray.

What does Ray bring to the table?

1. 18 million contract that expires in '10.
2. Scoring
3. 3 point shooting.

So let's see, the worst 10 teams in the league in shooting the long ball are:

G.S.
Milwaukee
Dallas
Utah
Minny
Memphis
Sac
LAC
Washington
Philly

G.S.
Ray for Crawford, Maggette, Wright (delayed until crawford can be packaged with other players)

Why:
Boston gets downgrade at the 2 to replace Ray, but gets scoring off the bench in Crawford and some supreme athleticism in Wright
G.S. improves their deep shooting, gets out of Maggette's contract (buyer's remorse has set in there) and Crawford's contract, and Nellie doesn't like Wright that much even though whenever he's in he produces and is still very young.

Other deals can be made by swapping in Ellis (if healthy) for one of the above guards, all assuming of course that the grand G.S. prize, Biedrins, is off limits as the team's only center.

Milwaukee
Don't see a fit as Ray is redundant with Redd a straight swap would be weird.

Dallas
Ray for Josh Howard and Jason Terry

Why:
Boston gets a versatile wing man and bench scoring.
Dallas improves it's outside shooting opening it up for Dirk and they get behind the idea of their own Big 3 and feeding Ray with Kidd's drive and dishes.

Utah
Hard to think of while Boozer is injured and has said he's opting out. If he were to sign an extension as part of the deal and was healthy, Ray for Boozer, Brewer, and Harpring would be something to ponder.

Minnesota
Not a good match as their biggest contract is Al, who is their future, and involving Miller (their resident 3 pt. threat) for Ray doesn't make too much sense, especially for a young team.

Memphis
Another bad match. They're shredding money and their only enticing Ray-replacers are young with big upside. They are not moving Gay or Mayo for Ray.

Sacramento
Yet another tough match. Kenny Thomas? Yuck. Brad would help this team, but not at the expense of Ray. Martin they are not moving. Ray for Brad and Salmons just doesn't do it.

Clippers
Total Disarray. But they do need a real 2 and outside shooting.

Ray for Camby, Gordon, Ricky D (salary filler)?

The Clips have too many players up front, and need a real shooting 2 and Ray may help the team keep Baron happy and motivated. Camby would upgrade the size/length/athleticism; would that be enough to counter the dropoff from Ray's void?

Ray for Camby and Baron.

This gives the Clips a way out of their Buyer's Remorse and the horrendous clash between Dunleavy and Baron. Baron is nothing if not motivated by playing on a good team. He could play a little off the ball for the C's as he's probably strong enough to play most 2 guards defensively, and as history has shown, when motivated (and how would he not be motivated playing with Pierce and KG), Baron is one of the top players in the league. Rondo-Baron-Pierce-KG-Camby or Baron-TA-Pierce-KG-Camby with Rondo-Powe-Perk off the bench...both are formidable.

Washington
Tough match for a trade

Philadelphia
Ray for Iguodala and Dalembert

Why:
Philly is committed to Brand, and they need outside shooting to transition to Brand's post game style of play.
Boston gets a young athletic wing defender/finisher and some serious length/athleticism.

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
Ray Allen and Glen Davis for Antawn Jamison, Darius Songaila, and Deshawn Stevenson
We get frontcourt depth and the Wizards get to reshape their roster with Ray coming off the books in 2 years.http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=9~3200~385~1784~808&teams=27~27~2~2~2&te=&cash=

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

If Joe smith gets bought out, hes going to cleveland...Not everyone wants to come to boston just because...ever think maybe our players arent very well liked around the league?

kind of, but i dont think vets much care as long as they get a ring shot.

Joe smith your spot on about, he has a house in Cleavland for goodness sake, and he already knows everyone down there. why would he go anywhere else for his ring attempt the way they are playing?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

New Depth

Rondo . House
Pierce . Outlaw
Garnett . Davis
Perkins . Miller

Sorry but i will respectfully disagree
Miller play average D at best and Outlaw is done ure trading Ray for Fernandez and even if Roy will hate me hes not Ray.
We win this trade in real time but the team doesnt improve
I rather have our team as it is

and hey...
this trade could happend and ruin us so why dont just dream and overreact when trading a starter?
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Offline section320row9

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=9~3429~1021~3195~510&teams=14~14~29~2~2&te=&cash=29:2

The Matrix paired with Rondo? Conley would give us an up tempo pg for the 2nd unit.

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
Cmon like Memphis would trade Conley for Scalabrine. :o

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

New Depth

Rondo . House
Pierce . Outlaw
Garnett . Davis
Perkins . Miller

Miller play average D at best and Outlaw is done ure trading Ray for Fernandez and even if Roy will hate me hes not Ray.

and hey...
this trade could happend and ruin us so why dont just dream and overreact when trading a starter?

Are you thinking about Bo Outlaw? Travis Outlaw is no where near done and quite a fantastic player. I agree about Miller's defense, but he would help with spacing and would make a nice tandum with Powe or Baby off the bench. I think Portland would probably want Paul instead of Ray in that deal, which would not set well with folks.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

Offline ThreadCrasher

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26

New Depth

Rondo . House
Pierce . Outlaw
Garnett . Davis
Perkins . Miller

and hey...

You don't get Miller for his D rather for his outside shooting, passing and rebounding.  He is ++ over what PJ gave us last year.  It is sort of a Defense/Offense with Perk/Miller.  His contract runs the same length as Ray's so no loss in flexibility there.

As far as Outlaw goes, he is the long, athletic 3 this team doesn't have.  He can go to the 4 in a small ball scenerio (to match up with teams like Atlanta).  He thrives at scoring off the bench, which is what we need.  Contract also runs out next season.

So I don't see it as Rudy for Ray.  Although, I think he would be a great building block for the future with Rondo.  The step back you take from Ray to Rudy this year is more than made up, imo, with a far superior 6th and 7th man.  With House that is a pretty solid 8 man rotation come playoff time.

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Boston Trades: Ray Allen
Boston Receives: Darko Milicic, Marko Jaric, OJ Mayo and Hakim Warrick.

Boston gets a 2 guard to replace Ray in Mayo. A versatile forward who can play the 3 and the 4 in Warrick for the bench. A big man who can play the 4 or 5 in Darko for the bench. Jaric is just a bad contract to make this trade work. Wait, is he still dating that model? Cause then that's why we pick him up, to see her at the games.

Memphis gets an expiring contract so they can be players in the FA market in 2010.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=387~3450~2171~2794~9&teams=2~2~2~2~29&te=&cash=