Author Topic: The over-reaction thread: Trade a starter and make this team better contest!  (Read 17138 times)

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
Have to put my sarcastic trade out there

Cassell, and PO for really, really expensive leather recliner chairs so the players who actually play on the court, can be more rested before going back on the court.to me, its a no brainer

Cassell Salary-1.2 million, Minutes played..are you kidding me- I was never a believer of blackmail pictures until this year...$14,814 a game for 0 minutes game...but he is a great coach, takes a mean picture or 2 that can become really valuable and prolong one's career..asst coaches dont make that much, either should sam

PO Salary-1.5 Million, Minutes played-15-but hey they have all come within last 2 weeks-there is something to build on- He is on pace for 33.75 minutes played this year-that is $44K a minute for his played minutes and $13K a minute for every celtic regular season minute he sits on pine..ugh!

15 designer, leather chairs, limited edition 180K a chair-2.7 million- Out of 3888 regular season minutes, they will be used all 3888 minutes.- That comes out to $694 a minute for keeping our active players who actually play, more rested and ready for our march toward 18....Great Value there...

Trade works on sacrasmtradecheckerstopworryingingwewillbealrightandstillmakefinals.com

I think I just wet myself!!!!
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
To follow up on Andy's idea.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=9~1021~831~2422~3209&teams=5~25~2~2~2&te=&cash=

Guess it wouldn't need to be a 3 way, but two separate deals

Why does Scal have to be the victim? :'(

Someone's got to be the lamb for bringing the gang back together (as much as it would pain me to lose Scals)
Yup

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
thats the point of the thread!

I thought it was to be a little more realistic than that....Although I guess My KG for David West/cp3/PoZ isnt too realistic either...the hornets would never do that

Exactly... I  think this post was intending for luaghs and TP's, otherwise it would be just the regular trade ideas! It also gives us somthing to luagh and smile about in such trooubling Celtics times!!J/K
LOL
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Alright here it is...The new championship team.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=9~3200~3429~1021~518~1731~2753~2776~1026&teams=30~30~30~25~2~2~25~25~2&te=&cash=

To Boston: GWallace, CWilcox, DesMason

To Bobcats: Ray Allen, Giddens, Baby, A pick

To OKC: Scal, Sean May (1 year contract), Felton (Point and 1 year contract)

Bostons lineup:
PG - Rondo/House/Pruitt
SG - Pierce/Allen
SF - Wallace/Mason
PF - KG/Powe
C - Perkins/Wilcox/Patty

Gives the bench much needed defense, length, and energy. Wilcox can bang in the middle and rebound and run off the bench. Mason gives us length and athleticism at the 3. Wallace gives us a great defensive presence in the starting line. This allows more touches for Pierce and KG. Add Starbury, walla championship 18.

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Would anyone make this trade?   Ray Allen, Pruitt, Baby, Powe, Giddens and Erden For..............

Bayless, Fernandez, Frye, Outlaw, Przbilla, and Lamarcus Aldridge.

Aldridge
KG
Pierce
Fernandez
Rondo

With a much Improved bench IMO. Outlaw Przbilla Frye and Bayless

With

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102

Would anyone make this trade?   Ray Allen, Pruitt, Baby, Powe, Giddens and Erden For..............

Aldridge
KG
Pierce
Fernandez
Rondo

With a much Improved bench IMO. Outlaw Przbilla Frye and Bayless

With

KG and Aldridge would beat the crap out of each other!lol
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
loving this thread!!
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.

can all 6 of them take the floor at the same time?...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Okay here's mine:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=9~3200~3019~3227~2983~1994~3225~3027~2795&teams=22~22~22~22~2~2~2~2~2&te=&cash=

To Boston:

Greg Oden
Brandon Roy
Martell Webster
LaMarcus Aldridge
Steve Blake

To Portland:

Ray Allen
Glen Davis
Patrick O'Bryant
Gabe Pruitt

Reason for Portland: Kevin Pritchard comes to the realization that there's no way he's going to win with youth so he tries to clear enough space on his roster so that in the 2010 free agent season he can sign LeBron, Bosh, and Wade. This trade accomplishes that.

Reason for Boston: Derrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Boston's Depth chart after they release Sam Cassell.

Rondo/Blake/House
Roy/Webster/Allen
Pierce/Walker/Giddens
KG/Aldredge/Powe/Scal
Oden/Perk
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 01:56:27 PM by nickagneta »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Why not just fold the franchise?

Celts are a bunch of pathetic losers
Yup

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Why not just fold the franchise?

Celts are a bunch of pathetic losers

Move the team to OKC, change our name to "Lightning" and move the thunder back to seattle :P
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Okay here's mine:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=9~3200~3019~3227~2983~1994~3225~3027~2795&teams=22~22~22~22~2~2~2~2~2&te=&cash=

To Boston:

Greg Oden
Brandon Roy
Martell Webster
LaMarcus Aldridge
Steve Blake

To Portland:

Ray Allen
Glen Davis
Patrick O'Bryant
Gabe Pruitt

Reason for Portland: Kevin Pritchard comes to the realization that there's no way he's going to win with youth so he tries to clear enough space on his roster so that in the 2010 free agent season he can sign LeBron, Bosh, and Wade. This trade accomplishes that.

Reason for Boston: Derrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Boston's Depth chart after they release Sam Cassell.

Rondo/Blake/House
Roy/Webster/Allen
Pierce/Walker/Giddens
KG/Aldredge/Powe/Scal
Oden/Perk

I like how you kept scal so we would have someone to rag on as a cutable player.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Three trades sure to infuriate the masses:

1) Rondo and Allen to ATL for Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams. Cut Cassell and POB and sign Marbury and Joe Smith.

2) Rondo and Perk to Portland for Oden and Batum. Cut Cassell and POB and sign Marbury and Joe Smith.

3) A three way with Portland and Washington:
Boston receives Caron Butler, T. Outlaw, and B. Haywood for PP (cuts Cassell and POB)
Portland receives PP for LaFrentz, Outlaw, and R. Fernandez
Washington receives Lafrentz (big expiring contract), and R. Fernandez
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010