Author Topic: Trade Idea: TA, Eddie, Scal, and BBD for Joe Smith and Desmond Mason  (Read 7099 times)

Re: Trade Idea: TA, Eddie, Scal, and BBD for Joe Smith and Desmond Mason
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 06:49:46 PM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
1. If Allen left, Giddens might get his chance too
2. House is redundant if Marbury finally arrives
3. We wouldn't need Scal at the 3 if Mason came here
4. Smith would take Baby's place in the team

It sounds as a perfect deal for us. Too good to be true?

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 07:47:56 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
goodbye team defense, hello biggest cancer in the league.

any idea that involves us picking up Marbury is a bad one.

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 08:19:32 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
Like this deal...never going to happen though.

As JP would say, 'Delusional thoughts from fantasy island'.

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 12:36:38 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Celtics still need a snipper off the bench. 

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 01:46:21 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
1. If Allen left, Giddens might get his chance too
2. House is redundant if Marbury finally arrives
3. We wouldn't need Scal at the 3 if Mason came here
4. Smith would take Baby's place in the team

It sounds as a perfect deal for us. Too good to be true?

House and marbury are 180 degrees different players.  Not to mention that one cares about his team and the other cares only about the person he sees in the mirror.  The only thing the idiot does better than House is bring the ball up.  Provided he feels like playing.

Giddens will probably not see the active roster this year regardless of trades.  (at least he won't see our's)  He and Walker could be averaging 50ppg and Rivers still won't play rookies.

The next 4-5 Mason covers will be his first.  Scal covers 3 different positions well within our defense when needed.  Sadly for all of you Scal haters, if Scal is traded and bought out, he'd likely be brought back as soon as he's eligible.  He's that valuable to this team.  Mason would get playing time.  But he wouldn't be much of an upgrade over Tony.  If any.

To a degree, you're probably be right about Smith.

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 08:57:20 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Would OKC do the trade if we gave them Powe instead of BBD?  I still think BBD could end up being the better player in the long term.  A common phrase I hear from Celtics commentators regarding Powe:  "That's a tough matchup for Powe".  I know it has a lot to do with his size, but therein lies the problem with this team.

I really like Powe, but I think we'll be fine with BBD, for now.

Powe and Scal for Joe Smith.  I think they would do it if they were getting Powe out of the deal and it works on trade checker.

http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/3/
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 09:31:59 AM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
OK here is my conspiracy theory being from OKC:

The thunder just brought in another vet point guard from Denver, so now the have exactly zero use for Earl Watson.  Together he and Joe Smith have about 10M in salary I think.  My guess is that is what we are looking at.  We fill some need very quickly with that.  I don't think we have anything that would work to match OKC's salary or needs.  Joe Smith's contract is done after this year and Watson's after next.  My theory is that we somehow make a trade (maybe a 3way) that involves both Joe Smith and Earl Watson.

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 09:39:06 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
OK here is my conspiracy theory being from OKC:

The thunder just brought in another vet point guard from Denver, so now the have exactly zero use for Earl Watson.  Together he and Joe Smith have about 10M in salary I think.  My guess is that is what we are looking at.  We fill some need very quickly with that.  I don't think we have anything that would work to match OKC's salary or needs.  Joe Smith's contract is done after this year and Watson's after next.  My theory is that we somehow make a trade (maybe a 3way) that involves both Joe Smith and Earl Watson.

Why can't they trade Joe Smith to us and do a second trade with another team for Earl Watson?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 10:24:54 AM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
They can but we need a PG also.  And truthfully, there isn't much on our roster that fits in with what they need and want.  That is why I'm thinking a 3rd team might get involved.

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 10:37:22 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I have no idea why the Thunder would do this. If they wanted Tony Allen or Eddie, they'd have signed them in the Summer. They won't trade Mason and Smith, two expiring contracts, for them plus Scal who's a drag in this deal. This trade is a pipe-dream with 0 chances of happening.

This is also a case of the grass being always greener on the other side of the fence. People would start hating on Mason and wanting Allen back after 4 or 5 games, I think.

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 10:47:32 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
I have no idea why the Thunder would do this. If they wanted Tony Allen or Eddie, they'd have signed them in the Summer. They won't trade Mason and Smith, two expiring contracts, for them plus Scal who's a drag in this deal. This trade is a pipe-dream with 0 chances of happening.

This is also a case of the grass being always greener on the other side of the fence. People would start hating on Mason and wanting Allen back after 4 or 5 games, I think.

Maybe they do want House.  As I remember it, House said that he had other offers but took a bit less to come back to the Celtics.

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 09:25:36 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I hate the idea of trading House. He hasn't been great in every game, but he can stay at SG, let Marbury play the point, and Desmond can back up Pierce....along with Bill Walker getting minutes. Could we send them Pat0 instead of House?

And yes. we either need to cut Cassell or make him play for 5 games and see what happens...good keep him, bad cut him
Can't stop, Rondo!