Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread : VOTING ENDS 8:00PM EST TONIGHT  (Read 1011257 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread - 8th/9th Rounds & INDIANA UP FOR COACH
« Reply #3135 on: August 27, 2013, 09:22:21 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25617
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't know if I'd rank Gasol / Dirk first.  They're the worst rebounding of the three listed combos, and the worst (combined) defensively.  Are their offensive contributions enough to trump?  I'm not sure.

So how would you rank the three pairs?

For the reasons nick stated, I probably put Horford and KG first.  They can just do the most things.

I think I then go with Duncan / West, followed by Gasol / Dirk.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread - 8th/9th Rounds & MINNESOTA UP FOR COACH
« Reply #3136 on: August 27, 2013, 09:22:34 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I'ma roll with the Cavs on this one.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #3137 on: August 27, 2013, 09:23:29 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
The Minnesota Timberwolves are pleased to announce the hiring of Nate McMillan as the head coach of the team. Terms of the deal will not be disclosed.

President/GM McHP: "Here in the Front Office, we are thrilled to hire Nate McMillan as the head coach of the Timberwolves. He was one of our top candidates throughout the entire evaluation and interview process. Nate had a reputation of being a tough, disciplined, well-rounded, defensive minded player during his playing days. We know that he will bring the same attitude to practices and games and his personality will rub off on the team. We are also pleased that he has coached on two Olympic Gold Medal winning teams. Not to mention - he has been a leader and stabilizing presence for both the Seattle and Portland franchises in his career. He is exceptional at maximizing the efficiency of his players and thanks to his Olympic experience he knows how to manage the personalities within a team as well. In summation, we are proud to announce that Nate McMillan will be our head coach - congratulations Nate."
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #3138 on: August 27, 2013, 09:25:29 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
I don't know if I'd rank Gasol / Dirk first.  They're the worst rebounding of the three listed combos, and the worst (combined) defensively.  Are their offensive contributions enough to trump?  I'm not sure.

So how would you rank the three pairs?

For the reasons nick stated, I probably put Horford and KG first.  They can just do the most things.

I think I then go with Duncan / West, followed by Gasol / Dirk.

The fact that no one has agreed on the order should tell us all how close it is between them.

« Reply #3139 on: August 27, 2013, 09:26:29 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Taking Derek Rose offers.    About to move him so send the offers!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #3140 on: August 27, 2013, 09:26:33 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
The fact that no one has agreed on the order should tell us all how close it is between them.

I count 3 votes for Cleveland, one for Phoenix, and one for LAL.

« Reply #3141 on: August 27, 2013, 09:31:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Just to be completely honest, I think the best duo int he league is Lebron-Ibaka because Lebron is that darn good to make that duo the best.

« Reply #3142 on: August 27, 2013, 09:32:27 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen

Just to be completely honest, I think the best duo int he league is Lebron-Ibaka because Lebron is that darn good to make that duo the best.

I don't disagree with you Nick.

« Reply #3143 on: August 27, 2013, 09:34:35 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

I have started to lay out my minutes for my team and I don't think I have as many LeBron-Power Forward minutes as people are going to like. Makes me wonder if I should trade a big man.

« Reply #3144 on: August 27, 2013, 09:39:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I have started to lay out my minutes for my team and I don't think I have as many LeBron-Power Forward minutes as people are going to like. Makes me wonder if I should trade a big man.
You could use some highly efficient outside shooters as well to space the floor for an inside out game with Lebron backing down his man and having the option to send it out to the outside three point shooters.

Having Lebron outside trying to work the ball from there makes it easier to defend him and clog the middle, especially with players like Jordan, Davis and Gibson playing the 4 and 5.

« Reply #3145 on: August 27, 2013, 09:40:16 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen

He should have nearly every PF minute in the 4th. DeAndre shouldn't see the court.

Re: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread - 8th/9th Rounds - Awaiting Late Picks
« Reply #3146 on: August 27, 2013, 09:45:17 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
All this talk of who has the best big men combos makes me think people don't realize there are 3 other positions on the court just as important.

Is this a team building exercise, or just a competition to see who is the "biggest"?  I bet you all drive expensive, fast sports cars too!  :o

« Reply #3147 on: August 27, 2013, 09:49:44 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Well I appreciate the comments...I had an intriguing offer previously which I am currently exploring - again.

Any thoughts on my coach hire?

He was literally one of my first candidates and I think the only reason he made it to me was because he is now an assistant.

« Reply #3148 on: August 27, 2013, 09:51:50 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
All this talk of who has the best big men combos makes me think people don't realize there are 3 other positions on the court just as important.

Is this a team building exercise, or just a competition to see who is the "biggest"?  I bet you all drive expensive, fast sports cars too!  :o

No, no, no.

I have already told you why I like your team. Perimeter play is important, too. It just wasn't the topic of discussion. If we discussed perimeter defense and shooting, you would be among the leaders.

« Reply #3149 on: August 27, 2013, 09:56:40 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

No, no, no.

I have already told you why I like your team. Perimeter play is important, too. It just wasn't the topic of discussion. If we discussed perimeter defense and shooting, you would be among the leaders.

No worries man.  I was just trying to be a little funny, while yes, also pointing out how I think a little too much attention gets paid to the bigs.