Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread : VOTING ENDS 8:00PM EST TONIGHT  (Read 1011530 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread - COACHES ROUND SAN ANTONIO UP
« Reply #2445 on: August 24, 2013, 10:04:20 PM »

fitzhickey

I'm confused as to how this round works
Who picks when?
Because it seems that people have been skipped
I'm confused  ??? ??? ???

« Reply #2446 on: August 24, 2013, 10:06:27 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
I don't know what is so confusing. Boston had #1 so they picked Pop. A few posts back, Milwaukee requested to be skipped so the Lakers, holding #3, chose Thibs. Now it's San Antonio, #4. There's no time limit; you just follow the order, and after one team picks, the following team chooses.

« Reply #2447 on: August 24, 2013, 10:08:06 PM »

fitzhickey

I don't know what is so confusing. Boston had #1 so they picked Pop. A few posts back, Milwaukee requested to be skipped so the Lakers, holding #3, chose Thibs. Now it's San Antonio, #4. There's no time limit; you just follow the order, and after one team picks, the following team chooses.
Ah didn't see that Milwaukee asked to be skipped
Thanks for explaining

« Reply #2448 on: August 24, 2013, 10:19:29 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
No worries. These threads most so fast that I often miss a lot of things myself.

Anyway, my co-GM and I are both at the table so send trade offers to either of us. We'll listen to anything, although Dirk/Marc are likely not going anywhere.

« Reply #2449 on: August 24, 2013, 10:20:16 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175

'Tude
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #2450 on: August 24, 2013, 10:23:05 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I mean no disrespect to thw CB draft whatsoever, I love it.

But with that said, I want to ask if coaches would make an impact in tje votings?

I evaluate coaches to some degree.  Like, if a team has personnel that don't match their coaches' philosophy, I'm going to grade that team down.  The team that has Greg Popovich gets a boost.

Really?

Because IIRC a team who had Pops as their coach didn't get much of a boost at all. Just saying...

Which team?

Pops isn't a miracle worker.  If a team sucks, he's not going to elevate them to a title.  However, if there are two teams on the cusp of a playoff spot, and one has Pops and the other Vinny Del Negro, then the team with Popovich is getting in.

I think it was the Cavs of last year. IIRC the impact Pops would have on that team was elaborated thoroughly and recieved some praise. Yet stil no boost from it whatsoever.

I guess its picking knits but I really want to know if it matters, otherwise id just hire myself.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Re: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread - COACHES ROUND MILWAUKEE UP
« Reply #2451 on: August 24, 2013, 10:23:19 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Guess that's our coach pick. Hey RA, who do you want? Philly Jack?

Just kidding, we take Thibs and his stellar defensive scheme with DPOY at the helm.

I want to see Thibs try to get Jose Calderon play defense.  Their may be a brain aneurysm in his future. ;)

He's done fine with Carlos Boozer. I think he can handle Calderon, especially after he posted some pretty solid defensive numbers after committing more to that end of the floor following his Pistons trade.

I think those are 2 completely different situations as Boozer is a PF and Calderon is a PG. I think it's easier for an average or below average PF like Boozer to not look so bad if they are put next to a defensive minded C like Noah.

« Reply #2452 on: August 24, 2013, 10:30:18 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Long night. Entertain me with some trade offers, guyz.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2453 on: August 24, 2013, 10:35:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
STATEMENT

The Coaches Round is a part of this game. If you want to play the game, you have to pick a coach and it has to be a professional coach.

The rules regarding the weighting of coaches is like anything else when it comes to voting in this draft, its subjective. If a voter wants to take the coach into consideration, then the voter can. If the voter doesn't, then the voter doesn't have to consider the coach.

It is no different than injuries, or potential or rookie impact or team chemistry and fit, or talent. Some people take take these things into consideration and find them important, others do not.

It is a part of the game, so please, make your coach selection and make it in a manner that is in the best interest of your team. To not do that, is risking votes from people who do take it into consideration. You may only be hurting your team if you don't want to take this part of the game  as seriously as the rest of the game.

That said if you want to debate whether it should still be a part of the game, go right ahead. I will address that subject with the people who make the rules for this game. I do not make the rules of the game, I am just enforcing them this year.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 10:42:03 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #2454 on: August 24, 2013, 10:40:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
STATEMENT

The Coaches Round is a part of this game. If you want to play the game, you have to pick a coach and it has to be a professional coach.

The rules regarding the weighting of coaches is like anything else when it comes to voting in this draft, its subjective. If a voter wants to take the coach into consideration, then the voter can. If the voter doesn't, then the voter doesn't have to consider the coach.

It is no different than injuries, or potential or rookie impact or team chemistry and fit, or talent. Some people take take these things into consideration and find them important, others do not.

It is a part of the game, so please, make your coach selection and make it in a manner that is in the best interest of your team. To not do that, is risking votes from people who do take it into consideration. You may only be hurting our team if you don't want to take this part of the game  as seriously as the rest of the game.

That said if you want to debate whether it should still be a part of the game, go right ahead. I will address that subject with the people who make the rules for this game. I do not make the rules of the game, I am just enforcing them this year.
Commissioner's duty out of the way, I do take the coach into consideration when voting but I am also of the belief that you can have the greatest coach in the world and if the GM constructed a bad team, there is nothing the coach can do.

Conversely, and I know that hundreds on this site have this opinion because I have read them for the past 6 years on this blog, a bad coach can be made to look like a genius when he is given tremendous talent and a team with great chemistry and fit.

But if you have a good to elite coach and good to elite talent, the coach is probably only going to be outright responsible for 2-3 losses and/or wins in any given season. The rest is on the players and their performance.

That is, again, just my humble opinion.

« Reply #2455 on: August 24, 2013, 10:56:44 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
I think those are 2 completely different situations as Boozer is a PF and Calderon is a PG. I think it's easier for an average or below average PF like Boozer to not look so bad if they are put next to a defensive minded C like Noah.

Fair point, but the fact still remains that the Lakers have provided Thibs a roster with a good amount of capable defenders to properly instate his schemes. If we had surrounded Calderon with Martin, Anthony, Boozer, and Lee, then that'd be another story.

« Reply #2456 on: August 24, 2013, 11:00:56 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Fair point, but the fact still remains that the Lakers have provided Thibs a roster with a good amount of capable defenders to properly instate his schemes. If we had surrounded Calderon with Martin, Anthony, Boozer, and Lee, then that'd be another story.

You can always hide one bad defender if you have at least 4 average level defenders, one or two being elite, and keep your defense 'good'. It's a rule. Well not actually a rule, but it's understood.

Spurs had to hide Tony Parkour early in his career. Grizz hide Z-Bo. Mavs 'hid' Dirk but that's a little overblown. Rockets 'hid' Harden.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2457 on: August 24, 2013, 11:04:30 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I'm confused as to how this round works
Who picks when?
Because it seems that people have been skipped
I'm confused  ??? ??? ???

Teams that draft 1st overall get the best players. Teams that draft last get the best depth. But the most [dang]ed of all are those that pick middle. They get the best coaches.

« Reply #2458 on: August 24, 2013, 11:38:12 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
So Jonas 'V for Vendetta' Valanciunas is projected to have 14 points, 9 boards, 2 blocks, and 56% shooting. Discuss.

« Reply #2459 on: August 24, 2013, 11:45:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
So Jonas 'V for Vendetta' Valanciunas is projected to have 14 points, 9 boards, 2 blocks, and 56% shooting. Discuss.
Based on what