Author Topic: Remembering Reggie Lewis (youtube tribute)  (Read 17216 times)

Remembering Reggie Lewis (youtube tribute)
« on: July 03, 2009, 07:53:14 AM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 67
Guys, I realize this is a key point in the offseason, and I'm just like everyone else as I keep anticipating who the Celtics will sign.

As a welcome distraction, I posted this Reggie Lewis tribute on youtube.  I found this old VHS tape buried in my basement and was pleasantly surprised at what I found on it.  I don't think this has been on youtube yet, so I figured my fellow Celtic fans would appreciate it.  I only have part one uploaded right now, but I will have the rest shortly.  Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpMi8N9VcNw

Re: Remembering Reggie Lewis (youtube tribute)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 09:04:29 AM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Thanks a bunch for sharing this- my fav Celtic growing up, I began watching at the end of the Bird years and Reggie was my guy.  Awesome stuff.
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 09:11:09 AM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
Thanks a bunch for sharing this- my fav Celtic growing up, I began watching at the end of the Bird years and Reggie was my guy.  Awesome stuff.

No problem... I'll try to get the rest of it up by the end of the day.  Definitely worth watching it all.

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 09:35:08 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
I have to figure out to convert the VHS tapes to DVD.  How do you do it?
Yup

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 10:10:48 AM »

Offline NBAJ2K

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12
Thank you very much for posting this! I was searching the web for Clips of Reggie Lewis and there really isn't much there.  This was exactly what I was looking for.  Definitely sad to watch. TP!

~J

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 10:49:12 AM »

Offline KG

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 23
  • Don't tread on D
That's great, man!  Thanks for uploading this.

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 10:57:13 AM »

Offline Stu

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 44
Thanks a lot for posting that.  TP.

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 11:00:46 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
I remember Reggie's death like it was yesterday. It was just a few days after I turned nine. TP.

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 11:01:35 AM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'

Fantastic, thank you so much for putting this up.  He was the most inspirational player of my lifetime, and I miss him dearly...TPs abound  :'(

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 11:05:54 AM »

Offline Kdu12

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 10
This was agreat post.  Reggie Lewis was one of my favorite players and would have been one of the greats.  I remember Reggie Miller was bragging about how he was the hardest player to guard in the NBA after Michael Jordan.  ESPN asked Craig Ehlo if this was true and he said that Lewis was the next hardest to guard.

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 11:09:30 AM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
I have to figure out to convert the VHS tapes to DVD.  How do you do it?

I bought this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815255011&nm_mc=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r&cm_mmc=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r-_-Video+Devices+++TV+Tuners-_-ADS+Technologies-_-15255011

It's very simple to use.  Connect your VCR to this, then this to your PC. It comes with simple to use software for encoding the tape into several types of video formats.

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 11:11:29 AM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White

Fantastic, thank you so much for putting this up.  He was the most inspirational player of my lifetime, and I miss him dearly...TPs abound  :'(

Couldn't agree more.  I was just about to go into high school this summer, so he was a huge influence on me as a kid.

Here's Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB9MfvxXY5k

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 11:21:49 AM »

Offline BBS

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 11
This  is great TP 4u.
 I wish I could trasfer tape to my pc because I have a ton of Reggie and 90's celtics stuff. This video is great. I got the collaps game the last game at the Garden and many more.

Reggie was my favorite Celtic back then along with my friend as well. It was'nt but a few days after Reggie died that my friend got a dog and we named it Reggie and the next day it died. So we desided to never name anything Reggie again. Not long after his dog reggie died he got another dog and we desided to call him Larry this time. My friend eventually could'nt keep Larry anymore and gave him to me.When he got bigger he turned into a turbo charged beagle. We said this cuz he was a beagle rottwiller mix. He was excape artest, nothing could keep him in place. A hunter as he brought home the back half of a dear one day. Also a true friend. Larry even got shot in the back leg for messing with someones chickens. This just happend to be while I was in jail and he needed 500 dollers in operations. My parents footed the bill. Then two days after they did this for my dog Larry I found out that I could'nt get out of jail without posting 500 doller bail for another charge. Needless to say I owed my parents some cash when I got out. Larry was given a old couple who had room for him to run when I moved out of state. I never saw him again but once a few years ago my father was watching animal cops houstan and he swears that he saw Larry on it. I thought he was crazy but I watched this show to see if I would see him on there in a rerun but never did. So thats my Reggie and Larry story.

Sorry for the story but I can't help but think of the dog story every time I hear or See Reggie Lewis now.

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 11:30:58 AM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Guys, I realize this is a key point in the offseason, and I'm just like everyone else as I keep anticipating who the Celtics will sign.

As a welcome distraction, I posted this Reggie Lewis tribute on youtube.  I found this old VHS tape buried in my basement and was pleasantly surprised at what I found on it.  I don't think this has been on youtube yet, so I figured my fellow Celtic fans would appreciate it.  I only have part one uploaded right now, but I will have the rest shortly.  Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpMi8N9VcNw

All I can say is, wow.

Seeing that clip of Reggie collapsing on the court literally gave me shivers down my spine.  I think my family still has the front page of the Boston Globe sports page somewhere that has the frame by frame shots of that exact clip from the day after the game.

And it was really cool hearing Reggies voice, I forgot what it sounded like.  Hearing it again put it right back in my mind, because he had such a distinct lightness to his voice.

Thank you dearly for posting that.  TP.

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 11:39:02 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
This  is great TP 4u.
 I wish I could trasfer tape to my pc because I have a ton of Reggie and 90's celtics stuff. This video is great. I got the collaps game the last game at the Garden and many more.

Reggie was my favorite Celtic back then along with my friend as well. It was'nt but a few days after Reggie died that my friend got a dog and we named it Reggie and the next day it died. So we desided to never name anything Reggie again. Not long after his dog reggie died he got another dog and we desided to call him Larry this time. My friend eventually could'nt keep Larry anymore and gave him to me.When he got bigger he turned into a turbo charged beagle. We said this cuz he was a beagle rottwiller mix. He was excape artest, nothing could keep him in place. A hunter as he brought home the back half of a dear one day. Also a true friend. Larry even got shot in the back leg for messing with someones chickens. This just happend to be while I was in jail and he needed 500 dollers in operations. My parents footed the bill. Then two days after they did this for my dog Larry I found out that I could'nt get out of jail without posting 500 doller bail for another charge. Needless to say I owed my parents some cash when I got out. Larry was given a old couple who had room for him to run when I moved out of state. I never saw him again but once a few years ago my father was watching animal cops houstan and he swears that he saw Larry on it. I thought he was crazy but I watched this show to see if I would see him on there in a rerun but never did. So thats my Reggie and Larry story.

Sorry for the story but I can't help but think of the dog story every time I hear or See Reggie Lewis now.

;D  TP
Yup