Author Topic: least favorite Celtic of all time  (Read 33805 times)

Re: least favorite Celtic of all time
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2009, 12:32:58 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
rick pitino

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2009, 12:42:10 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
1. Antoine Walker by far.  Hated the way he played and the whole team was based around his annoying game.  To a lesser extent because the roles were smaller

Was this PRE-PIERCE?  If It was, I agree with you.   But also remember that it's on the coach(which was the Ricktator at the time) to have a solid gameplan that gives the team the best chance to win.  Toine was given too much responsibility and too much leeway on the court and that, once again, falls on the Coach.  

It really ticks me off how Pitino fooled us all back then when we were desperate for SOMETHING positive and he just took a whizz on this franchise along with his spaghetti sauce or whatever it was.   >:(
I actually reallly liked Antoine pre-Pierce when he stayed closer to the hoop and rebounded.

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2009, 12:43:51 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
No mentioning of Chris Wallace?!
For shame Celticsblog, For shame!

(and count me in for Marc Blount)
If it's not just players, then Chris Wallace is a must!

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2009, 12:44:00 PM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
Alaa Abdelnaby?

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2009, 12:47:55 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2009, 12:49:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I know a lot of you guys are youner so you are going with the contemporary bad guys but if you remember the John Y Brown years of Sydney Wicks, Curtis Rowe and Bob McAdoo, there'd be no question you would hate that group more.

Basically Brown and Harry Mangurian traded franchises The Celtics for the Buffalo Braves(who would become the San Diego Clippers). How would you guys like it if in two years, being two years removed from the Championship Wyc Grousbek and company decided to swap teams with the LA Clippers and kept KG but sent everyone else packing and brought in all the flotsam and jetsam from the Clips and then have the new ownership orchestrate a trade to bring in an aging, injured Kobe to Boston and infuriate Danny Ainge to the point of almost driving him to go manage the Cavaliers?

That's about what it was like back then and why I hated McAdoo so much. He almost single handedly was responsible for Red Auerbach almost going to manage the Knicks. Well he and Y. John Brown. And believe me, it got very, very close to happening.

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2009, 12:52:05 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I know a lot of you guys are youner so you are going with the contemporary bad guys but if you remember the John Y Brown years of Sydney Wicks, Curtis Rowe and Bob McAdoo, there'd be no question you would hate that group more.

Basically Brown and Harry Mangurian traded franchises The Celtics for the Buffalo Braves(who would become the San Diego Clippers). How would you guys like it if in two years, being two years removed from the Championship Wyc Grousbek and company decided to swap teams with the LA Clippers and kept KG but sent everyone else packing and brought in all the flotsam and jetsam from the Clips and then have the new ownership orchestrate a trade to bring in an aging, injured Kobe to Boston and infuriate Danny Ainge to the point of almost driving him to go manage the Cavaliers?

That's about what it was like back then and why I hated McAdoo so much. He almost single handedly was responsible for Red Auerbach almost going to manage the Knicks. Well he and Y. John Brown. And believe me, it got very, very close to happening.

They had Basketball back then?  ;)

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2009, 12:57:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

They had Basketball back then?  ;)
Yes but they had to play in their underwear. It was in the rules. ;) ;D

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2009, 12:58:52 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Until the recent prolonged down years, that two or three year span was indeed the Dark Ages of Celtics History...A very odd period that magically disappeared with the sale of the team to Harry Mangurian and the prophetic "early" drafting of Bird by Red.
Yup

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2009, 02:02:09 PM »

Offline CountChockula

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
Alla might have been a stiff on the court but off court he's a really good guy. I got to work with him last summer while he did his radio show on Sirius (Full Court Press), funny guy.
He's also a fan of old school hip hop  ;D

Alaa Abdelnaby?

Quoted for truth.

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2009, 02:41:20 PM »

Offline amenhotep04

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
Curtis Rowe for telling then rookie Cedric Maxwell to not stress because he would get paid regardless if the Cs won or not.

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2009, 02:43:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Curtis Rowe for telling then rookie Cedric Maxwell to not stress because he would get paid regardless if the Cs won or not.
I completely forgot about that. Good one.

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2009, 03:21:49 PM »

Offline gustusias

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
Hands down! M.L. Carr! We are talking about a flag waving zero with a saleman's mouth. He used this organization to the end of the road leaving with millions in his pockets.  On the court he ruined us for years,signing such players as Greg Minor, Dana Barros, Dominic, drafting Montross, Antoine Walker. He was the pits. I hate him more than any Celtic ever. Ain't nothing but a blabberinbg salesman. 

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2009, 03:34:19 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Hands down! M.L. Carr! We are talking about a flag waving zero with a saleman's mouth. He used this organization to the end of the road leaving with millions in his pockets.  On the court he ruined us for years,signing such players as Greg Minor, Dana Barros, Dominic, drafting Montross, Antoine Walker. He was the pits. I hate him more than any Celtic ever. Ain't nothing but a blabberinbg salesman. 

My memory may be a bit fuzzy, so I cannot remember if I am imagining this or not: After a game where the Knicks blew out the Celtics, then triple-teamed Dana Barros in the 4th to end his streak of consecutive games with a 3 pointer, didn't ML flip out and throw the ball at the Knicks bench?  Maybe I made that up in my head...

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2009, 03:51:11 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280