Author Topic: Hope it was worth it.  (Read 3728 times)

Re: Hope it was worth it.
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2018, 08:42:33 AM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I look at it this way...

If the law of averages is actually a thing then eventually we're going to have one heck of a run as everyone gets back to their norms lol.

But I don't believe in the simplistic idea that the problem is just that everyone is missing shots. There is a reason why they are missing those shots, this team just isn't gelled and people aren't comfortable out on the floor, they are probably thinking too hard about where they should be and what their role is, whether it's ok for them to take a shot or not etc.

And absolutely that could be because more guys are in the mix now. If say, Jaylen Brown had more confidence on his place on this team I'm willing to bet more shots would start falling for him. Most of our guys just don't know what their place is on this team is right now.

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2018, 10:19:38 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
If anything, I think Tatum needs to go to the bench. That way he can do all his superstar stuff amongst an offensively inept lineup.
Yeah, I am starting to feel the same way. Get someone in there who will move the ball / share the basketball. Tatum playing one-on-one too much for the well-being of the team.

Tatum is arguably their best player and needs to be on the court as much as possible.

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2018, 10:24:27 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Stevens messed the chemistry of this team up by insisting hayward start. and it's been at the expense of every player on this team. every issue on this team is a trickle down effect from this decision.

nobody would have questioned anything if he came out and said "hayward will come off the bench at least until he's ready to go full speed".

plus the line up of Baynes, Horford, Tatum, Brown & Irving pretty much earned the right to pick up where they left off.

this season was all about - how does stevens make it all come together. he was given the ingredients and all he had to do was cook the meal.

this is all about Stevens Jaylen Brown.

If you want to argue about the impact of adding Hayward, then I have fixed your argument for you.

Jaylen is unquestionably the worst player on the team at this point.

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2018, 10:32:11 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Stevens messed the chemistry of this team up by insisting hayward start. and it's been at the expense of every player on this team. every issue on this team is a trickle down effect from this decision.

nobody would have questioned anything if he came out and said "hayward will come off the bench at least until he's ready to go full speed".

plus the line up of Baynes, Horford, Tatum, Brown & Irving pretty much earned the right to pick up where they left off.

this season was all about - how does stevens make it all come together. he was given the ingredients and all he had to do was cook the meal.

If you want to argue about the impact of adding Hayward, then I have fixed your argument for you.

because of stevens.

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2018, 10:53:30 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen

no disrespect intended but i don’t think your premise that baynes, brown, tatum, horford, & irving earned the right to pick up where they left off is unaffected by hindsight and hayward’s early struggles. if danny had acquired AD, i doubt you would have demanded that last year’s starters stay intact for continuity.

well c'mon you're completely changing the dynamics of the scenario...

to answer one of your questions directly, the logic behind messing with what we had last season is that last season, while successful, wasn’t good enough. getting past the ecf and winning championships is the goal. one of the great attributes of the c’s organization is their mentality of constantly getting better.

because any team with 2nd and 3rd yr players makes it within mins. of a finals appearance... ::)

yeah happens all the time....

one possible reason why hayward was “forced” into the starting lineup was probably due to his known talent level & his play/chemistry in practice. brad clearly thinks he gives the c’s the best chance to win. it’s also conceivable that brad is very aware that it will take time for hayward to return to form & for the team to acclimate to the new rotation. if brad thinks this will take time, and the final product will be better than last year’s starting five, then it’s best to work out the kinks now, rather than march/april.

again, read my initial post and like 2nd or 3rd post. if hayward is so good he couldn't achieve these things coming off the bench at least until he's healthy and acclimated into the team chemistry and gets the feel for his teammates?

keep in mind stevens seems to agree with me now.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 11:00:28 AM by GreenWarrior »

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2018, 10:56:40 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen

also just so we're clear, you do agree hayward looks like a guy coming off an injury and isn't quite the player he was right?

I just need to know before I continue the discussion.

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2018, 11:05:03 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
i'll also reiterate that the thing that makes a great NBA coach is making a team like this work.

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2018, 12:26:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I also believe there's a lot of posters here who did not understand my original post.

i'm not blaming hayward. he clearly isn't or wasn't himself to start this season and probably still isn't.

so why did we have to force him into the starting line up? it's not like he wasn't going to get the chance to play with horford, tatum, irving and brown through the course of the game.

the line up of Baynes, Horford, Tatum, Brown & Irving deserved to start this season, they earned it, they were all ready to start the season and pick up where they left off.

why in the world would we mess with what we had last season?

in hindsight if we said to ourselves at the beginning of the yr.(before the starting line up was announced) - if there's a chance we ruin our chemistry that we had last season by inserting hayward into the starting line up would you rather him come off the bench?

i'm thinking most would have said yes.

like I said I think this choice caused a trickle down effect to all our issues this season.

If Rozier and Brown hadn't embarrassed themselves in game 7 of the ECF then maybe I'd buy that argument.
Or if Tatum, Horford, and Baynes hadn't embarrassed themselves in game 6 of the ECF.