Author Topic: Durant and Westbrook  (Read 1422 times)

Durant and Westbrook
« on: May 10, 2011, 03:39:19 AM »

Offline Ray3Allen

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 7
I'm sure you all watched game 4 between OKC and MEM that went to a crazyyy triple overtime.
Westbrook took 33 shots for 40 points with only 5 assists in 51 minutes.
Durant took 20 shots for 35 points.
What i'm curious about is how the hell you take 33 shots when the scoring leader of the leauge only takes 20?
I think Westbrook is trying to be the next AI and if this continue I don't see a future with these two playing together as we learned from the Melo and AI case.

What do you think?

Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my first language.

Re: Durant and Westbrook
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 03:44:59 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
As I explained at further length in a different thread, I like Westbrook's game, and he has a great future ahead of him, but he's one of the biggest ball-hogs to come along in a long time, and he's got to mature a little and learn the priorities of when to shoot and when to involve your team-mates, especially team-mates that are better shooters than you.

This entire playoff run by OKC has been filled with moments when Durant should have had the ball, but Russell refused to give it to him ... or anyone else, for that matter. He's got to get over it, because eventually the rest of his team will resent him, and the chemistry will break down. I think Durant needs to be a bit more of a leader as well, and talk to Westbrook about just this matter.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 04:20:08 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Part of it in this series, I think, is that Memphis has been doing their best to deny Durant the ball with their great wing defenders (Allen, Battier), leaving weaker defenders in Conley and Mayo on Westbrook.  Westbrook sees Durant covered and a favorable matchup in front of him and goes to work.  Can't totally blame him for that, but he and his team need to work harder to get Durant looks -- that's what eventually won them the game, after all.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 07:54:23 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2409
Westbrook is part of the solution going forward. Not the problem.